300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
    USSS is not one of those agencies that breaks down the process that well for applicants. For instance, I am in the process with DSS as well and there is a separate customer service center number for security clearances for applicants to find out when they cleared. But with USSS, everything mysteriously happens in DC and it's really hard to find out where you are in the process, especially after the med/poly when your BI is going on. The only way you can really find out is if you have a (AT)SAIC contact who calls into DC for you. I know very few other applicants who have had a clearance decision communicated to them. Most people's BI start and then they get the hiring call several months later. There are one or two exceptions as we have seen on this board but I think that is rare.
    If your packet has been sent up to DC does that indicate that your BI is finished. I think I know things, but than I read this board and I start to wonder.

Comment

USSS is not one of those agencies that breaks down the process that well for applicants. For instance, I am in the process with DSS as well and there is a separate customer service center number for security clearances for applicants to find out when they cleared. But with USSS, everything mysteriously happens in DC and it's really hard to find out where you are in the process, especially after the med/poly when your BI is going on. The only way you can really find out is if you have a (AT)SAIC contact who calls into DC for you. I know very few other applicants who have had a clearance decision communicated to them. Most people's BI start and then they get the hiring call several months later. There are one or two exceptions as we have seen on this board but I think that is rare.
      Thanks for the info, FutureAgent. I hate this waiting game! Patience is a virtue, i suppose...

Comment

• Originally posted by airasslt1865 View Post
        If your packet has been sent up to DC does that indicate that your BI is finished. I think I know things, but than I read this board and I start to wonder.
        What do you mean by "sent up to DC"? Did someone call you and tell you that from a FO? Your background is facilitated centrally from DC; they send out your info to FO's where you have lived/worked so the investigative portion can be completed. Once each FO completes their portion, they send it back to DC. So it's hard to say unless someone specifically calls you and says "your packet is complete and is going to be presented in front of the next hiring panel." For me, the best way to gauge whether or not my BI was complete was by asking one of my BI's. My local one was very friendly and open and he specifically told me his deadline for submitting his portion. He said that these deadlines were usually the same for all the FO's where your packet is so you can assume that your BI will be done within a few weeks of that date.

By the way, has anyone heard anything more about hiring panel dates? I know that one person was told 10/2 and one 10/16. I'm crossing my fingers for 10/2, as, if that is the case, we'll hear something by the end of the week or next week. Good luck to everyone
        Last edited by FutureAgent001; 09-30-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

What do you mean by "sent up to DC"? Did someone call you and tell you that from a FO? Your background is facilitated centrally from DC; they send out your info to FO's where you have lived/worked so the investigative portion can be completed. Once each FO completes their portion, they send it back to DC. So it's hard to say unless someone specifically calls you and says "your packet is complete and is going to be presented in front of the next hiring panel." For me, the best way to gauge whether or not my BI was complete was by asking one of my BI's. My local one was very friendly and open and he specifically told me his deadline for submitting his portion. He said that these deadlines were usually the same for all the FO's where your packet is so you can assume that your BI will be done within a few weeks of that date.

By the way, has anyone heard anything more about hiring panel dates? I know that one person was told 10/2 and one 10/16. I'm crossing my fingers for 10/2, as, if that is the case, we'll hear something by the end of the week or next week. Good luck to everyone
          I was told by my FO that they had recieved everything from the Background Investigators and that they were forwarding my packet to DC. Does anything else happen once it is sent back up there or are you good to go once your FO sends it back up?

Comment

• Originally posted by airasslt1865 View Post
            I was told by my FO that they had recieved everything from the Background Investigators and that they were forwarding my packet to DC. Does anything else happen once it is sent back up there or are you good to go once your FO sends it back up?
            Sounds like you're good to go, unless there are other FO's checking on you. Have you lived anywhere else in your life? Every place you lived will be verified by a FO, especially in the last 8 years. After all the BI's are done from each FO, the next stage is the hiring panel. Sounds like you're in the same boat like lots of us just waiting for a hiring panel.

Comment

• Sent my SF86 and Medical 3300

Awaiting for the panel interview and written test. Anyone know if the call you for the panel or do they send a letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by WARGOAT View Post
                Awaiting for the panel interview and written test. Anyone know if the call you for the panel or do they send a letter?
                I got both - a phone call to set it up and a confirmation letter via FEDEX.

Comment

I only got a call

Comment

• Thanks for responding

Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                    I only got a call
                    Any idea how long from when they received the package to when the called you for interview.

Comment

Any idea how long from when they received the package to when the called you for interview.
                      No problem! My timeline was the following:

SENT APP 9/07
                      CALLED FOR TEA 9/07
                      TEA 11/07
                      INITIAL INTERVIEW 12/07
                      PANEL 01/08
                      MED 02/08
                      POLY 03/08
                      BI 07/08
                      HOME INTERVIEW 8/08
                      DRUG SCREEN 08/08
                      BI APPARENTLY COMPLETE 9/08

Comment

The order, and manner, in which the hiring process works seems to vary from Field Office to Field Office. My Field Office called to arrange dates for the Initial interview and then the TEA test. Then they sent me a confirmation letter by snail mail for each.

I've also notice that some people here had their the TEA and Panel Interviews on the same day. I just passed the TEA and was told the medical was next. Suppose the Panel Interview comes after that at my Field Office.

Either way my advice is to be patient and go with the flow. The important thing is that you get to the next step.

Comment

Last edited by Jarhead1302; 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM. Reason: removed post

Comment

Last edited by Jarhead1302; 02-22-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                              Does anybody actually know how the TEA is graded? Does 70% = 7 correct out of every 10...or 70th percentile?
                              Well there are 75 questions on the test and you need to get at least 70% of those correct. Put simply, you need to get at least 53 questions right.

Now that's a total of 53 for ALL three sections together, meaning if you do poorly on one section then a good score in the other sections can help make up it.

Comment

Last edited by Jarhead1302; 02-22-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10420 users online. 442 members and 9978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X