300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
    Did anyone have the opportunity or need/requirement to speak with their BI directly during your investigation?

Or did you just know your BI was started and on going?
    Everyone speaks to their local BI during the home interview. Also, two other BI's contacted me from other places where I had lived to get more information from me. I knew my BI was going on because of contact from these individuals, from my references who were being contacted, and also because USSS did a credit inquiry.

Comment

• Had my home visit yesterday through the WFO. The ASAIC who did my visit said the hiring panel will be 16 OCT. 25 people per class.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• The ASAIC that did my home visit called me and told me it was October 2! They keep pushing it back. Not a big deal, my process has been over a year now another couple weeks is nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
            That's great news. Now everyone is asking themselves where on the list they are at and if they are going to be selected... This waiting game is a killer.

Does that mean only 25 applicants will be selected on this month's board or will they select more-like 50 (as an example)-and give them report dates for the next two months to FLETC?
            He didn't specify if they would only make offers to 25 people per month. He only said that in each FLETC class they schedule, they have 25 USSS agents and the other GOV agencies will fill in the remaining students in each class. If anyone else has a home visit coming up they should ask.

Comment

• Can someone explain how these boards work and if they pick people for only one class at a time?

Comment

• Originally posted by airasslt1865 View Post
                Can someone explain how these boards work and if they pick people for only one class at a time?
                When a hiring panel convenes they will review all of the packets that have been approved for hire, also known as being "on the shelf". Once they review the packets they will determine which 24 they want to offer a position to and the remaining applicants will either be rejected for hire and receive a BQA letter (doesn't happen often at this stage but it does happen), or the applicant packet will go back "on the shelf" to be reviewed for a later class. Usually they only select one class at a time unless they are simultaneously hiring two classes. Hiring two classes (48 people at once as opposed to one class of 24) with the same EOD date doesn't occur too much anymore but did in the past. The hiring panel is usually held one month prior to the start of a class. An earlier post stated the class they were called for has 25 people in the class, this may be due to a recruit being recycled from a previous class , the USSS SA and UD classes usually consist of 24 recruits per class.

Comment

• Originally posted by airasslt1865 View Post
                  Can someone explain how these boards work and if they pick people for only one class at a time?
                  Last edited by jimdvs; 09-27-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Bi?

Not to hijack the thread... but can anyone provide some insight as to how long it typically takes for a clearance decision to be communicated to the applicant once the investigators pass their info along to the adjudicators/HQ?

Comment

• Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been about five months since I took the polygraph. Is it at all unusual that I have not heard if I have either passed or failed in this amount of time? About a month ago I called the recruitment / hiring number out of DC. The woman only told me that my packet is still under review and asked me if I had changed my address. Someone please shed some light on this for me! I am about to deploy to Iraq again and I would like to know if I should call them and inform them of what is going on. Also, I really do not want this hanging over my head…

Thanks in advance for any advice. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakeeb0607 View Post
                        Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been about five months since I took the polygraph. Is it at all unusual that I have not heard if I have either passed or failed in this amount of time? About a month ago I called the recruitment / hiring number out of DC. The woman only told me that my packet is still under review and asked me if I had changed my address. Someone please shed some light on this for me! I am about to deploy to Iraq again and I would like to know if I should call them and inform them of what is going on. Also, I really do not want this hanging over my head…

Thanks in advance for any advice. Good luck to everyone.
                        I think you should call whoever your contact is in your local FO and let them know that you are re-deploying to Iraq. 5 months after a poly is a little unusual. I called the agent who did my panel 4 weeks after my poly and got a clear answer that I had passed. Have you done your medical yet? I have run into a lot of other applicants who had 3-5 months between their med and poly clearing and the start of their BI.

Comment

• Nakeeb0607,
                          I can't answer your question but I can sympathize as I'm going through the same darned thing. I had my panel interview almost six months ago and still no indication whether I passed or not. If you find out please PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by strikeeagle View Post
                            Not to hijack the thread... but can anyone provide some insight as to how long it typically takes for a clearance decision to be communicated to the applicant once the investigators pass their info along to the adjudicators/HQ?
                            USSS is not one of those agencies that breaks down all steps of the process for applicants. For instance, I am in the process with another agency and there is a separate customer service center number for security clearances for applicants to find out when they cleared. But with USSS, everything mysteriously happens in DC and it's really hard to find out where you are in the process, especially after the med/poly when your BI is going on. The only way you can really find out is if you have a (AT)SAIC contact who calls into DC for you. I know very few other applicants who have had a clearance decision communicated to them. Most people's BI start and then they get the hiring call several months later. There are one or two exceptions as we have seen on this board but I think that is rare.
                            Last edited by FutureAgent001; 10-05-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• FutureAgent001,

Yes, i passed my medical about a month before i did the polygraph...

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakeeb0607 View Post
                                FutureAgent001,

Yes, i passed my medical about a month before i did the polygraph...

Thanks.
                                Perhaps they already started your BI and you just don't know it! Check your credit report and see if USSS has done an inquiry; sometimes that's a good indicator. Otherwise definitely get in touch with your FO, 5 months is a lot. Best of luck to you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4334 users online. 157 members and 4177 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X