Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLiens

Yeah i figured that was the case with the conditional offer

i know its election time now, but i was just wondering cuz when i applied for UD i had heard something back about a week after sending in my application

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by draqon View Post
        Hey guys, I applied to the Secret Service last week through E-mail but have yet received any confirmations or acknowledgment of receiving my application. Is this normal? Should I contact them? What happens next?

Thank you so much!
        Do not apply through email. Someone I work with did that and never heard back.

I hand delivered mine to the closest USSS office, who then forwarded it up to the the NY field office and I had a phone call within 3 or 4 weeks for an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommygunz2143 View Post
          i mailed in my SA application early last week and havent heard any kind of confirmation yet. it's probably since we are so close to the election, but i wasnt sure if i should still call and ask if they got it or not.
          Hi been lurking on this thread for a while and wanted to add something.

For those of you applying my suggestion is to mail you application in via certified mail. That way you'll at least know if your package was received, and you can also get a signature receipt if you want.

As far as hearing back from them, "Patience" is the word of the day. Like so many others on this forum my hiring process has moved sloooooowly... USSS is really busy right now with the elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
            I spoke with the agent in charge of SA recruiting in my FO yesterday. He confirmed for me that there is a hiring board in October and November. Unfortunately, my BI had to go to 13 different field offices and it is still pending the last stages (it was 10 at my home interview in July).

He also confirmed for me that I am "where I need to be" in the hiring process after the home interview, medical, etc. He said that according to the computer that I was 287 days into the process and a year is the standard right now and may slide to the right pending the UN convention, elections, etc. (I just wanted to pass that on to the board). He also re-iterated that "no news is good news"...

(Disclaimer: I'm not advocating that everyone should call their FO, I was in a unique position to call the right person directly.)
            I'd just like to echo OSU's disclaimer. I was getting a bit impatient and spoke to my BI yesterday at my local FO about my status and he ended up speaking to an ATSAIC about it. Let's just say the ATSAIC wasn't that happy given that it's the middle of the UN and that no one is around to check into one's status. I think we should just all try to remain patient. Given that it's the end of the FY and a couple people have confirmed hiring panels in the next couple months, I'm optimistic that many of us in the final stages will be hearing in the next month. Good luck everyone!

Tommygunz, check your private messages

Comment

• Just got a phone call and my home visit is being scheduled for next week

Comment

• Anyone know whats up with the "Special Officer" position?

Comment

• Originally posted by Time4newjob View Post
                  Anyone know whats up with the "Special Officer" position?
                  From my understanding, it is a sworn position as well. They supplement protective details when SA's aren't available (i.e. drive the car), do odd jobs and are an auxillary arm to SA's I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Comment

• I believe that detail may be for former President Ford's wife -- his residence before he died was Rancho Mirage.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                      Wow, MCall, that's some big news for you and many of us in this forum. Congrats! Out of curiosity, did the Agent from recruiting call you from your field office or from DC? I wish I'd get a call like that!
                      Futureagent001,
                      Sorry to get back to you so late I havnt been on the site for some time. The agent who called me from recruiting was from Washington Field Office. WFO is where I have processed out of. He was the agent that did my home interview.

Comment

• Yes, they are hiring.

We just finished covering how to apply, scroll up a few post.

usajobs are usually professional and support positions.

Originally posted by pcs258
                        Hi guys,

Quick question. I tried looking on the Secret service website but I still can't figure this out...Is the secret service actually hiring right now for special agent position? they have the application packet on the website, can i just fill it out and send it in?

USAjobs has job vacancies but I cannot tell if they are for the special agent position. None of them say special agent....criminal investigator...is that something different than special agent?

Thank You

Comment

• Originally posted by pcs258
                          Hi guys,

Quick question. I tried looking on the Secret service website but I still can't figure this out...Is the secret service actually hiring right now for special agent position? they have the application packet on the website, can i just fill it out and send it in?

USAjobs has job vacancies but I cannot tell if they are for the special agent position. None of them say special agent....criminal investigator...is that something different than special agent?

Thank You
                          Yes, they are hiring. I hand-carried my application to my local office. I received a call for a personal interview 3 within 90 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by pcs258
                            Hi guys,

Thank You
                            Yes, criminal investigator=special agent. Yes, USSS is one of those agencies that lists SA vacancies in addition to others on USAJobs. See here:
                            http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob....earch+for+Jobs

Send your app to your FO. As discussed in this thread, that seems to be the most efficient way to get your app to them.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone have the opportunity or need/requirement to speak with their BI directly during your investigation?

Or did you just know your BI was started and on going?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5474 users online. 281 members and 5193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X