Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took the ATF version of the TEA, which has an extra section. I think it was about 4 hours total.

Comment

• I was called by an agent who's is in recruiting yesterday. I was told that my process is complete and that my package is going in front of the hiring panel next month. He said that the next hiring panel is on October 2!

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
          I was called by an agent who's is in recruiting yesterday. I was told that my process is complete and that my package is going in front of the hiring panel next month. He said that the next hiring panel is on October 2!
          Wow, MCall, that's some big news for you and many of us in this forum. Congrats! Out of curiosity, did the Agent from recruiting call you from your field office or from DC? I wish I'd get a call like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
            Congrats Mcall, just had my drug screen a couple weeks ago. Good sign that your BI is coming to an end. Hopefully we will all get the call soon!

Wargoat- are you referring to the written portion of the panel interview? I had to do a writing sample based on a sample investigation that I had to listen to the details of. I think they gave me an hour to write it up. No way to really prepare but that depends on your writing level. Just listen carefully to the details and organize your thoughts well on paper. Good luck.
            FutureAgent001-- I was looking at the FBI thread and came across this recent post. Do you agree with Cavemen's assessment on the written Test?

"Cavemen
            Also, don't forget there is a written exercise. When I took mine, it seemed like most of the candidates with which I tested were focused on the Interview portion and took the written excercise very lightly. I was the only one out of six that passed. For the written excercise I recommend going on the ETS/GRE practice test web site :

http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/m...22f951 90RCRD

looking at Issue topics and Argument topics that are available for review, and practice writing about those topics and making the arguments.

Remember that NO MATTER WHAT information is provided they are just testing some basic necessary writing skills:

Ability to communicate in writing
            Ability to attend to detail
            Ability to evaluate information and make judgments/decisions

So if the information they give you for example, pertains to Brain Surgery, the tendency would be for all non Brain Surgeons to panic however, ALL the required information is provided for you right on the materials. This is not a time to get creative or to try to show of what you yourself know about Brain Surgery. The purpose of the excercise is to evaluate those skills with ANY kind of information that is put before you.

If all this prep advice seems excessive - just remember that you're trying out for the Career of your lifetime--It's a great opportunity. Don't go into this without having prepared as much as possible."

Comment

• Originally posted by WARGOAT View Post
              FutureAgent001-- I was looking at the FBI thread and came across this recent post. Do you agree with Cavemen's assessment on the written Test?

"Cavemen
              Also, don't forget there is a written exercise. When I took mine, it seemed like most of the candidates with which I tested were focused on the Interview portion and took the written excercise very lightly. I was the only one out of six that passed. For the written excercise I recommend going on the ETS/GRE practice test web site :

http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/m...22f951 90RCRD

looking at Issue topics and Argument topics that are available for review, and practice writing about those topics and making the arguments.

Remember that NO MATTER WHAT information is provided they are just testing some basic necessary writing skills:

Ability to communicate in writing
              Ability to attend to detail
              Ability to evaluate information and make judgments/decisions

So if the information they give you for example, pertains to Brain Surgery, the tendency would be for all non Brain Surgeons to panic however, ALL the required information is provided for you right on the materials. This is not a time to get creative or to try to show of what you yourself know about Brain Surgery. The purpose of the excercise is to evaluate those skills with ANY kind of information that is put before you.

If all this prep advice seems excessive - just remember that you're trying out for the Career of your lifetime--It's a great opportunity. Don't go into this without having prepared as much as possible."
              I wouldn't go that far at all! It was a pretty straightforward exercise listening to an audio tape of a case and summarizing the main point. Almost like completing the narrative section of a police report. Sounds like it's much easier than the FBI's, but I haven't had the experience with them. It also didn't seem like they put much weight on it....I had the oral section of my panel and then the written portion and immediately after, without even reading what I wrote, they wanted to schedule my medical. Sounds like it's just a formality. Anyone have any different experiences?

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishFed View Post
                Hands at you neck and elbows up and to your knees. You will have a partner sitting on your feet.

Guys you have to be patient right now. I know it is hard but with the election in high gear, we see more of the candidates than we do of our family. We are getting to the backgrounds as fast as we can.

After November, things will speed up.

Good luck to all.

PT hard and be ready for the academy. Do not show up out of shape.

And OSU is correct. TYPE your SF-86. It looks more professional and shows you take the time to complete the work. After all, you will be typing your affidavits to the U.S. Attorney's office!!
                Hey IrishFed,
                Thanks for the info. Have they changed the PT standards around? I got a PT standards packet after my panel that says arms across the chest for sit-ups. Not a huge deal either way but just curious. Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                  I wouldn't go that far at all! It was a pretty straightforward exercise listening to an audio tape of a case and summarizing the main point. Almost like completing the narrative section of a police report. Sounds like it's much easier than the FBI's, but I haven't had the experience with them. It also didn't seem like they put much weight on it....I had the oral section of my panel and then the written portion and immediately after, without even reading what I wrote, they wanted to schedule my medical. Sounds like it's just a formality. Anyone have any different experiences?

Yes, they definitely are going through the motions when they give you the writing exercise. I think they review it after the fact to make sure that you can put a full sentence together that is grammatically correct.

Nothing wrong with preparation though. I think the best way to study for that would be a police testing prep book. I think they have writing exercises in those. If you have an MP3 player with sound recording. Record the instructions and scenario and then listen to it once.

I will admit however, that I had zero prep for that portion.

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                    Yes, they definitely are going through the motions when they give you the writing exercise. I think they review it after the fact to make sure that you can put a full sentence together that is grammatically correct.

Nothing wrong with preparation though. I think the best way to study for that would be a police testing prep book. I think they have writing exercises in those. If you have an MP3 player with sound recording. Record the instructions and scenario and then listen to it once.

I will admit however, that I had zero prep for that portion.
                    Cool guys thanks for all the info. I talked to my SA Liason, I just need to fill out the sf-86 and 3300.From there they will schedule a panel interview asap and the written.

Comment

• Sit Ups

Hey IrishFed,
                      Thanks for the info. Have they changed the PT standards around? I got a PT standards packet after my panel that says arms across the chest for sit-ups. Not a huge deal either way but just curious. Thanks for your help!

That is correct. Arms will cross and you must keep you hands close to your neck or grab your shirt close to your upper chest. Think of the international sign for choking!!

Push Ups will be down to the point where your chest touches your partners fist.

Chin Ups. Sorry no kipping. Dead hang palms facing you. If you swing, an instructor will stop it. Chin on top of the bar.

Irish

Comment

• Hey guys, I applied to the Secret Service last week through E-mail but have yet received any confirmations or acknowledgment of receiving my application. Is this normal? Should I contact them? What happens next?

Thank you so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by draqon View Post
                          Hey guys, I applied to the Secret Service last week through E-mail but have yet received any confirmations or acknowledgment of receiving my application. Is this normal? Should I contact them? What happens next?

Thank you so much!
                          What website did you apply from? What you should do is go to the USSS home page, complete the app package they have on the site and then print the hardcopy. Take it to the FO that you apply from. I don't know where the online version goes but the local office never seems to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                            What website did you apply from? What you should do is go to the USSS home page, complete the app package they have on the site and then print the hardcopy. Take it to the FO that you apply from. I don't know where the online version goes but the local office never seems to get it.
                            I had the same issue with emailing my application (not hearing back on whether or not it had been received), so I called the local office here in San Antonio. The agent told me to send them a copy of the application as well, so I went to Kinko's and had it printed up and sent it to them...Just put attn: recruiter on the envelope.

I had a question regarding the bachelors degree portion. I applied back in April after speaking to an agent at the national hiring center. she told me that I could go ahead and apply even though I was still in the military, and that i had not yet finished my bachelors. My ETS date from active duty is Jan 20, 2009, and I was 6 classes away from finishing my bachelors at the time. I got my DQ letter in the mail stating I was not qualified due to not meeting one, or all of the required standards listed below which were the degree, 3 years of law enforcement experience, or something else...can't really remember.

Well, here I am now in September and thinking of applying again. I am three classes from my degree, taking two starting in October, and will be finished by 1 January before I get out of the military. Has anyone else ever run into this issue of applying before you finished your degree?

Also, is it possible to call the hiring center and ask for specifics on why I was denied? I tried calling today but the operator on base kept saying all circuits were busy due to the damn hurricane that hit Houston over the weekend.

The letter did say feel free to apply again, so I am guessing it was just the degree portion, but wanted to check with any of you guys who have already gone through it.

Comment

• new to the forum, but i have been reading for quite some time.

i mailed in my SA application early last week and havent heard any kind of confirmation yet. it's probably since we are so close to the election, but i wasnt sure if i should still call and ask if they got it or not.

i'm wondering what the chances are of me getting hired right now too. i am 23 years old, with my bachelors(graduated may '07). ive been a year at my job right now with a physical security NPO under DHS (no clearance)

I did also apply to UD the last year of college and got up to the poly and medical stage, but i had to withdraw for personal reasons. i know it probably looks bad that i withdrew and am now applying for a job there again, but any chance my process with UD will speed things up in the SA process?

I lived in one town for most of my life, up until this time last year, but then i moved so i dont have a big background to go over. i was actually surprised by the brevity of my UD process. before i knew it i had a conditional offer and they wanted me to do the poly and med.

Comment

• tommygunz2143...
                                You might have to sit around and wait for a bit. There are some of us on here who have been invited to take the TEA and have an interview on the spot. Some of those guys haven't heard much in months. Then there are situations like mine when you pass the TEA, have the initial, panel and then it stops abruptly. My local office maybe be slammed with the detail right now so I have learned not to think about the process. Your expearience might hold you back though. As far as the conditional, that would be pretty much everyone on here.

draqon....
                                Hand deliver it to your local office. It may be better anyway b/c you can personally include your college/university transcripts. I suggest this instead of waiting on your school's registrars office to mail them to nowhere.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12155 users online. 487 members and 11668 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X