Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad to say the only update I can give the group is that I need to take another polygraph. Waited a year to set up the first one the second one was much quicker
    USSS:
    07/09=Applied
    10/09=TEA
    12/09=Initial
    01/10=COE
    02/10=Panel
    02/11=Polygraph #1
    03/11=Polygraph #2

Comment

• Originally posted by cd123cpd View Post
      Sad to say the only update I can give the group is that I need to take another polygraph. Waited a year to set up the first one the second one was much quicker
      i took my second poly two weeks ago. at least you are still alive in the process.
      Secret Service SA
      Applied 1/10
      TEA 4/10
      Initial 5/10
      Panel 10/10
      Poly 12/10
      Poly #2 2/11
      Medical 4/11
      Background 4/11
      HI 5/11
      DS 5/11
      Background update 10/12
      Poly #3 1/13
      Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
      The Call ????

Comment

Sad to say the only update I can give the group is that I need to take another polygraph. Waited a year to set up the first one the second one was much quicker
        They see something they like. If there was truly a problem with the first one you wouldn't be in your position. Obviously go in there with confidence, and don't let their tactics wear you down so that you change your story.

The process is definately slow, I'm approaching the two year mark.

Comment

• There has not been much discussion on here lately or any news lately.. I am praying that there will be a floooooooooooood of good news coming each of us!!!!

Comment

• Any word on a hiring freeze for the USSS. I've heard that FBI and DEA are both going on freezes anybody heard anything?
            USSS:
            07/09=Applied
            10/09=TEA
            12/09=Initial
            01/10=COE
            02/10=Panel
            02/11=Polygraph #1
            03/11=Polygraph #2

Comment

• Well it's official. I'm out. Good luck to all. No big surprise here. I told you guys back in Dec. that I failed the poly. I was just waiting for the letter.

This is to advise you of the action taken on your application for the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) position with the United States Secret Service.

Your application was reviewed along with those of other qualified applicants. I regret to inform you that, after careful consideration of your application, you were not selected to continue in the application process. I would like to emphasize that this decision is not a negative reflection of your qualifications. The United States Secret Service receives a vast amount of high quality applications. Many qualified applicants are not selected, simply because the number of well-qualified applicants exceeds the number of available vacancies.

Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service. We wish you success in your employment endeavors.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Any word on a hiring freeze for the USSS. I've heard that FBI and DEA are both going on freezes anybody heard anything?
                I was told at HI they were hiring for attrition at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                  Well it's official. I'm out. Good luck to all. No big surprise here. I told you guys back in Dec. that I failed the poly. I was just waiting for the letter.
                  Sorry to hear Kansan. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Regarding hiring, I would expect the same rate of hiring we've seen for the past year or so. Accounting for attrition. I also thought DOJ is facing larger budget cuts than Homeland Security which is probably the main reason they are seeing a freeze. FAMS just posted their opening on usajobs as well I think. Either way all signs point to Homeland security being relatively unaffected. Plus 2012 election year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    Well it's official. I'm out. Good luck to all. No big surprise here. I told you guys back in Dec. that I failed the poly. I was just waiting for the letter.
                    I don't see any statement on there that shows a negative response to your polygraph. I am just reading that you weren't selected to move on because their are other qualified applicants. Can't you just reapply after a year?

Comment

• So, nobody has told me I passed my poly, but a SA contacted me and said he was starting a BI. That has to mean I passed right?

Comment

• Originally posted by fanhood View Post
                        So, nobody has told me I passed my poly, but a SA contacted me and said he was starting a BI. That has to mean I passed right?
                        sounds like you passed it, congrats. when did you take the poly?
                        Secret Service SA
                        Applied 1/10
                        TEA 4/10
                        Initial 5/10
                        Panel 10/10
                        Poly 12/10
                        Poly #2 2/11
                        Medical 4/11
                        Background 4/11
                        HI 5/11
                        DS 5/11
                        Background update 10/12
                        Poly #3 1/13
                        The Call ????

Comment

• Has anybody heard when the next hiring panel will be?

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_6419 View Post
                            Has anybody heard when the next hiring panel will be?
                            a few pages back somebody posted that they had heard march. hope they can put it off till april or may so that i have a chance to get all my stuff done.
                            Secret Service SA
                            Applied 1/10
                            TEA 4/10
                            Initial 5/10
                            Panel 10/10
                            Poly 12/10
                            Poly #2 2/11
                            Medical 4/11
                            Background 4/11
                            HI 5/11
                            DS 5/11
                            Background update 10/12
                            Poly #3 1/13
                            The Call ????

Comment

• Originally posted by fanhood View Post
                              So, nobody has told me I passed my poly, but a SA contacted me and said he was starting a BI. That has to mean I passed right?
                              I had my poly early in January and was met by a SA in early February who said he was handling my BI. I have heard nothing since then. I am hoping a phone call is coming for medical but you never know. If you look at past timelines most applicants have their medical exams 1-2 months after poly.

Either way, the BI seems to be the standard for a successful poly -- congrats.

Comment

• I woke up this morning to find 6 emails on the most recent annoucement in my inbox. The first two said eligible-referred for selection. The next two said eligible-not referred for selection. The most recent two said reviewing applications. I am so confused now. Anyone else have this issue or any insight as to what all of that means?

edit:

I got all of these email's within 30 minutes of each other.
                                Last edited by BamaBullets; 03-10-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19782 users online. 508 members and 19274 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X