Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by airasslt1865 View Post
    I have a question for those in the know. What are the chances of getting picked up once you have made it all the way throught the process and your BI and packet have been sent up to DC? Also, in what stage of the process do the most people wash out?
    I made it all the way through including home interview and then did not get picked up. Better Qualified Applicant was what I found when I sent in a PA request. I know of at least two others this happened to as well, but I think in general it is a safe bet once you make it through that far.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by chippy79 View Post
      I made it all the way through including home interview and then did not get picked up. Better Qualified Applicant was what I found when I sent in a PA request. I know of at least two others this happened to as well, but I think in general it is a safe bet once you make it through that far.
      What is a "PA request"?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by chippy79 View Post
        I made it all the way through including home interview and then did not get picked up. Better Qualified Applicant was what I found when I sent in a PA request. I know of at least two others this happened to as well, but I think in general it is a safe bet once you make it through that far.
        Did you clear the BI? I only ask because I have seen many instances where the BI follows the home interview. I was told by the ASAC that did my in-home thawt it was almost a certainty, but after eading your situation I am nervous.

        Comment


        • Nice. Your local FO must not be too busy. I know the SAIC out of the local office here told me that every four years during this time, EVERYTHING stops for the Conventions.

          Keep us posted.

          Originally posted by England View Post
          I'm new to this thread but I thought I'd post my timeline.

          05/08 Applied
          05/08 Initial Interview
          07/08 TEA exam (passed)
          08/08 Panel interview (passed)
          08/08 Scheduled for physical next week

          Comment


          • Tea

            HOW long does it take for the results to be sent to you. I took the test on Aug 18 and have not heard anything yet. Just curious how long it took others to get the results.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by England View Post
              I'm new to this thread but I thought I'd post my timeline.

              05/08 Applied
              05/08 Initial Interview
              07/08 TEA exam (passed)
              08/08 Panel interview (passed)
              08/08 Scheduled for physical next week
              Passed my Physical today. Not officially of course because the TB test needs to be read on monday but the doc told me that I am extaordinarily normal. If that makes sense.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ATLiens View Post
                Nice. Your local FO must not be too busy. I know the SAIC out of the local office here told me that every four years during this time, EVERYTHING stops for the Conventions.

                Keep us posted.
                Yea you're right. However, every time I'm in the office I know the place is deserted. The SAIC says that everyone has been sent on details regarding the election.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WARGOAT View Post
                  HOW long does it take for the results to be sent to you. I took the test on Aug 18 and have not heard anything yet. Just curious how long it took others to get the results.
                  I got my results back in 4 days. I don't know if that's normal or not.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by airasslt1865 View Post
                    I have a question for those in the know. What are the chances of getting picked up once you have made it all the way throught the process and your BI and packet have been sent up to DC? Also, in what stage of the process do the most people wash out?
                    If we're doing your BI, you have a better-than-average chance of getting hired - provided there's nothing in your background to hold you up. We definitely need the bodies. Applicants can get "BQA'd" (meaning there are "better qualified applicants") at any stage of the process. Some people lack the basic qualifications, some don't interview well, some have medical issues, and quite a few can't pass the polygraph. It just depends on the applicant. Good luck!
                    "...the complacency of fools will destroy them." Proverbs 1:32

                    Comment


                    • I have a few questions if anyone has a minute. Does everything really stop for the aplicants during the election period(now)? If I have not heard anything about even an initial interview, should I be concerned(They received all info mid July)? Will I hear by phone, email, or mail?
                      Thanks for the help.

                      Comment


                      • I received a phone call a week later to set up my initial interview, then my TEA was done a month later after my initial. I spoke to the office manager at the Spokane FO and was told they havent had three agents in the office at the same time for a month and she didnt know when they might have them. But I heard that my application for NCIS was graded favorably and was forwarded to my field office.

                        Comment


                        • If you just finished the poly and BI with one federal agency for a TS clearence would hat speed up you process with the secret service? If I am sent to fletc for the mixed basic or uniformed police class could I continue the hiring process?

                          Comment


                          • Received a call today from Washington Field Office for my Pre-employment drug screening. I was able to get it done this afternoon. Just realized that I am coming up on the 1 year mark since I originally applied.

                            September 25, 2007: Turned in Application
                            October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
                            December 20: TEA (Passed)
                            March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
                            May 21: Medical (Passed)
                            June 18: Polygraph (Passed)
                            August 10: BI Started (Waiting)
                            September 8: Pre-employment Drug Screening (completed)
                            Last edited by mcall80; 09-09-2008, 05:32 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Found out I passed the TEA today wooo hooooo!!!
                              Can anyone tell me what the written exam is? Anyway to prepare or study?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
                                Received a call today from Washington Field Office for my Pre-employment drug screening. I was able to get it done this afternoon. Just realized that I am coming up on the 1 year mark since I originally applied.

                                September 25, 2007: Turned in Application
                                October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
                                December 20: TEA (Passed)
                                March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
                                May 21: Medical (Passed)
                                June 18: Polygraph (Passed)
                                August 10: BI Started (Waiting)
                                September 8: Pre-employment Drug Screening (completed)
                                Congrats Mcall, just had my drug screen a couple weeks ago. Good sign that your BI is coming to an end. Hopefully we will all get the call soon!

                                Originally posted by WARGOAT View Post
                                Found out I passed the TEA today wooo hooooo!!!
                                Can anyone tell me what the written exam is? Anyway to prepare or study?
                                Wargoat- are you referring to the written portion of the panel interview? I had to do a writing sample based on a sample investigation that I had to listen to the details of. I think they gave me an hour to write it up. No way to really prepare but that depends on your writing level. Just listen carefully to the details and organize your thoughts well on paper. Good luck.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5077 users online. 252 members and 4825 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X