300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FO mailing address

Anyone here applying through the Houston field office? I need the correct mailing address to submit my application. I called the usajobs announcement HR number and the address they gave me didnt work. My application was returned to me with 'Unable to Forward' stamped across it.

Comment

• HOUSTON 713-868-2299

There is phone number to the FO. Call and ask for their mailing address.

Comment

• Originally posted by changeisgood View Post
        Anyone here applying through the Houston field office? I need the correct mailing address to submit my application. I called the usajobs announcement HR number and the address they gave me didnt work. My application was returned to me with 'Unable to Forward' stamped across it.
        Do you live close to the field office? Should be in a large federal building. If so, I recommend hand delivering it in person. They may or may not grant you an initial interview after reviewing your packet and showing up in a nice suit and being personable is just one more than that you can do in your favor. I did it and I'm glad I did. Just my $0.02. Best luck.

Comment

• Had my poly yesterday and it went well. Much shorter than one I took for another agency but much more intense. Was told I should be getting a phone call from a BI in 3-4 weeks

Comment

• I have been waiting since mid june for my panel interview, my field office (Spokane) only has 6-9 agents and the SAIC wont be back until early September. Hopefully once he is back the process will pick up again, the elections and olympics cant be helping the process much.

Comment

• I had the first interview for SA, but never heard back...

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1 View Post
                I had the first interview for SA, but never heard back...
                I had mine and didn't hear anything for about a month. Then I called in. Don't call them a week after anything, but if its been at least a month since you've talked to them and they didn't tell you to wait say 2 months, I think you'll be fine calling them. Best luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by PocLT View Post
                  I have been waiting since mid june for my panel interview, my field office (Spokane) only has 6-9 agents and the SAIC wont be back until early September. Hopefully once he is back the process will pick up again, the elections and olympics cant be helping the process much.
                  Spoke-a-knee, huh? I'll be heading that way for deer season this fall. If you think waiting for the panel interview is hard--try waiting for the results!

I hope you get it and pass!

Comment

Last edited by Jarhead1302; 02-22-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWU View Post
                      I had mine and didn't hear anything for about a month. Then I called in. Don't call them a week after anything, but if its been at least a month since you've talked to them and they didn't tell you to wait say 2 months, I think you'll be fine calling them. Best luck.
                      Yeah, that interview was back in March. I figured I didn't get a call-back because I wasn't competitive enough. The SAR told me I'd be up against lawyers, veteran state troopers, military, etc. Maybe I'll give em' a call...

Comment

• I had my poly and did not hear any results for almost 2-months. I then called my field office that I am processing out of and was told that I passed. My BI has now started.

My two cents is it doesn't hurt to call. I have called every step of the way (except TEA I passed with ATF) and got my results by calling.

September 25: Turned in Application
                        October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
                        December 20: TEA (Passed)
                        March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
                        May 21: Medical (Passed)
                        June 18: Polygraph (Passed)
                        August 10: BI Started (Waiting)
                        Last edited by mcall80; 08-18-2008, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• I was PM another member on here about the BI. Can anyone answer this, Does the USSS do a regular background check on candidates wen they get hired, and the TS clearance comes later? I have a relative who is an agent assigned to WFO in investigations and has been assigned to stand on posts for the president from time to time. He said once he got hired the TS clearance came a year later into his career. Is this normally what happens? Any info would be great!

-Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
                            I was PM another member on here about the BI. Can anyone answer this, Does the USSS do a regular background check on candidates wen they get hired, and the TS clearance comes later? I have a relative who is an agent assigned to WFO in investigations and has been assigned to stand on posts for the president from time to time. He said once he got hired the TS clearance came a year later into his career. Is this normally what happens? Any info would be great!

-Thanks
                            That surprises me--the fact that they'd let a green agent get close to the president without a completed BI. I've heard of this "academy class now, completing the BI later" business in theory but never heard of it in anyone's specific case.

Comment

• I got some fedback from my BI (retired USSS agent) last night he went to my department and interviewed several officers in my unit and officials as well. I got a chance to talk to my BI for quite some time and I asked him about the TS clearance. He said the BI they conduct pre employment is a stepping stone for the TS clearance and you would not be hired if there was any question that you would not be able to obtain a TS clearance. He told me that most new hirees obtain the TS clearance towards the end of FLETC or a couple months after graduation. But he said others it may take up to a year (especially prior military when they have lived oversees during different tours.)

Comment

• Ts

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:39 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12041 users online. 482 members and 11559 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X