Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you actually go back thru the pages over the last 1.5 years you will see that everyone who has taken over "the list" has gotten "the call" very shortly there after.

Comment

• Chadliey,

I'm a total pragmatist. The list is simply for good karma and a quicker trip through the process!

That said, if you average my wait time between steps, I'm at about eight months each. That should put me in Fletc sometime around April of 2015. At least I'll still be under 37!

Comment

• Originally posted by chadliey View Post
        everyone who has taken over "the list" has gotten "the call" very shortly there after.
        Morecowbell's turn!!!!!!

Maybe Frank can put cowbell's name as co-author or something

Comment

• Original message deleted
          Last edited by morecowbell; 03-04-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RANC View Post
            So if there are only a couple of dozen of us on this forum, where are the rest of the folks? This seems to be the most comprehensive forum that I've found. I would think it would have so many people that it's hard to keep track of them all.
            Yeah, I assumed there would be a lot more of us as well. I mean USSS is constantly testing and has announcements up every other month, yet there are very few people in the process on this website.

Look at the ICE 1811 thread though. They haven't given a test or had an announcement in over a year, yet they have a huge list of people who have made it through the entire process and are at fletc, and they have a bunch of people who are going through the process now. The only thing I can think is that USSS hires a lot fewer people than ICE, and the process is much slower than the one for ICE.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
              Yeah, I assumed there would be a lot more of us as well. I mean USSS is constantly testing and has announcements up every other month, yet there are very few people in the process on this website.

Look at the ICE 1811 thread though. They haven't given a test or had an announcement in over a year, yet they have a huge list of people who have made it through the entire process and are at fletc, and they have a bunch of people who are going through the process now. The only thing I can think is that USSS hires a lot fewer people than ICE, and the process is much slower than the one for ICE.
              ICE send 24 Agents to each CITP class, and the USSS might send 24 for every 5th class. On a side note, you can add me on the USSS process list if you like, but God Willing I will make it through training with ICE. I think I applied 7/09, Initial 9/09, Panel 1/10, 1st Poly 4/10, 2nd poly 5/10, medical 7/10, BI 7/10, HI: 8/10
              God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
              3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
              Applied: 6/22/09
              Exam: 7/24/2009
              SI/WA: 3/2/2010
              The Call: October 26, 2010
              PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                ICE send 24 Agents to each CITP class, and the USSS might send 24 for every 5th class. On a side note, you can add me on the USSS process list if you like, but God Willing I will make it through training with ICE. I think I applied 7/09, Initial 9/09, Panel 1/10, 1st Poly 4/10, 2nd poly 5/10, medical 7/10, BI 7/10, HI: 8/10
                You might be completely through your training and on the job before USSS even calls you, if they call you. Wouldn't it be funny if you received the thin letter from USSS after you complete your training with ICE
                What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Enjoy FLETC . Went through with ICE guys myself. It's a good organization. HUGE statutory authority and therefore lots of different cases to get involved in.

That said, you may want to start referring to it as it's new name - Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) . Good luck.

Comment

• I've noticed each FO has its own way and timeline for the process. NOW the application process has changed.. is this the norm and is the best thing to do is apply then forget about it? Congrats to the new hires.
                    Last edited by PHSeaBee; 11-13-2010, 12:52 PM. Reason: Im an idiot.. old post

Comment

• post deleted
                      Last edited by soflafed; 10-31-2011, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• {_}|{_}|{_}|{_}
                        Last edited by Greek57; 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by soflafed View Post
                          If you want to be an investigator, go with DHS CID. If you want to be a gun toting party planner, and chouffeur/door man go USSS. It's simple, folks who stay with USSS have no investigative aspirations.
                          If you want to be an adult baby sitter, go BOP. If USSS calls, I won't turn the offer down.
                          Last edited by TheKansan; 11-15-2010, 04:38 AM.
                          What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by soflafed View Post
                            If you want to be a gun toting party planner, and chouffeur/door man go USSS. It's simple, folks who stay with USSS have no investigative aspirations.
                            So is that your opinion or is that the general consensus across the USSS?

Comment

• I have been offered a position with TSA part-time. I am currently working a full time job and might have to turn down the position since the shifts dont coincide with work schedule and there orientation and OJC can take 3 weeks and I dont know a job that is going to give you 3 weeks off for you to go to another job. Since TSA is with Homeland Security do you think it can hurt my chances if I turn down the offer? Meaning do they talk amongst agencies within Homeland Security? and If do take the job offer should I report that to my FO since I will be considered a Federal Employee?

SN: All this could be so less confusing if I would just get 'THE CALL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by steelcurtain View Post
                                I have been offered a position with TSA part-time. I am currently working a full time job and might have to turn down the position since the shifts dont coincide with work schedule and there orientation and OJC can take 3 weeks and I dont know a job that is going to give you 3 weeks off for you to go to another job. Since TSA is with Homeland Security do you think it can hurt my chances if I turn down the offer? Meaning do they talk amongst agencies within Homeland Security? and If do take the job offer should I report that to my FO since I will be considered a Federal Employee?

SN: All this could be so less confusing if I would just get 'THE CALL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Don't screw up your full time job for any TSO position, especially not a part-time one. I highly doubt that USSS cares about the hiring process for TSOs. DHS is a very large department and the two agencies are not connected at all.
                                What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10702 users online. 240 members and 10462 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X