300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSU
    Just want to let everyone know that I got the call yesterday. I report to my FO at the end of April, and FLETC in May. Good luck to everyone.
    Grats PSU thats awsome. Im awaiting the call for the UD division and my BI was done the end of March. I am just waiting for the hiring board to give me the stamp. My home interview and my wiz test has been done for about three weeks. Still keeping my fingers crossed, I hope all goes well and I will be there soon. I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by goodthoughts; 04-13-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goodthoughts
      Grats PSU thats awsome. Im awaiting the call for the UD division and my BI was done the end of March. I am just waiting for the hiring board to give me the stamp. My home interview and my wiz test has been done for about three weeks. Still keeping my fingers crossed, I hope all goes well and I will be there soon. I wish you the best of luck.
      Thanks. From what I hear, UD is hiring quite a bit now. I am sure you will be getting the call soon.

Comment

I have my poly this Thursday. I've heard all the stories about people being 100% truthful and failing and what not. I've been told that I'll be given a "pre-test" to determine the questions, then asked 10 questions during 4 "interviews". Is this correct? I'm getting anxious about taking the test, excited that hopefully, the end is almost here. Any help would help ease me...

Comment

If I remember right, you are told the questions you will be asked before you are hooked up to the polygraph. There will be no surprises. Best advice is to tell the truth and everything should be o.k.

Comment

Originally posted by dgeaton8
            I have my poly this Thursday. I've heard all the stories about people being 100% truthful and failing and what not. I've been told that I'll be given a "pre-test" to determine the questions, then asked 10 questions during 4 "interviews". Is this correct? I'm getting anxious about taking the test, excited that hopefully, the end is almost here. Any help would help ease me...

Try not to be intimidated into changing your answers. USSS polys are the opposite of fun but if you stick with it, don't change or alter your answers you will be fine. My poly was the worst experience of my life with them but I passed. Good luck!

Comment

I've heard that it won't be a very enjoyable experience. I've been told by friends that have taken a poly for the Border Patrol that he was asked about any sex w/ animals to a friend in Customs who played mind games with him the whole time. Being honest won't be the problem, wondering what mind games are in store is the issue. I look forward to taking it, and more excited about getting it over with!

Comment

Just be honest with them. The polygraph is meant to test your integrity, not just find out about your background. If you lie about something small, even if it is not illegal, you'll fail. Clear your head after each question. If they ask you if your a terrorist and your thinking about an explosion, your probably going to show a strange response to the machine. So make sure your focused and your heads clear, and relax, whatevers gonna happen is gonna happen. The more you worry about it, the more nervous your going to be.

Comment

Does anyone have any reccomendations about the best way to "mentally prepare" my self for the poly. Saying I'm going to be able to clear my mind is one thing, doing it is another. Anyone have any techniques that worked for them?

Comment

Does anyone have any reccomendations about the best way to "mentally prepare" my self for the poly. Saying I'm going to be able to clear my mind is one thing, doing it is another. Anyone have any techniques that worked for them?
                    In the great words of costanza, "Its not a lie, if you believe it."

Comment

You cant prepare really, one thing I did do was try to keep my breathing slow and steady.

Comment

I have taken numerous polygraphs. My best advise is that you do not prepare at all. Please trust me, you are better off this way. If the examiner detects an physiological/psychological attempts to alter the results you will hear about it and likely fail or be re-tested. Get EVERYTHING off your chest before you get on the box. If you are telling the complete truth, there is nothing to be worried about. I have always tried to avoid researching the poly and followed the information above. To this day, I have never had a problem with a polygraph. If being nervous was a bad thing, I would have failed each and every one of them. Be honest and you will be fine. Best of luck.

Comment

I appreciate the advice. I'm going on the box Thursday, I'll keep ya posted. When will I be notified of the results? This being a USSS poly, it took 6 months to schedule this after my panel interview, any ideas?

Comment

The Agent who tested me told me that he was comforatable with my results, but it wasn't his decision. Your results are reviewed by a few other experts before you move on to the next step. It took about a month from when I was tested before I got a call.

Comment

Originally posted by turnerteke
                              The Agent who tested me told me that he was comforatable with my results, but it wasn't his decision. Your results are reviewed by a few other experts before you move on to the next step. It took about a month from when I was tested before I got a call.
                              Same here.

Comment

I was referring to some information that a friend had supplied to me about his experience during an interview in 1999. Could I be wrong about which agency? Probably. Does it really matter for the sake of the thread posted? Not really. Just trying to get some information from those who have gone through an experience that I have not. If your goal is to search threads for inaccurate information I guess you succeeded, congratulations!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9714 users online. 427 members and 9287 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X