Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doctor

    Originally posted by VT04 View Post
    You are correct. Got the letter today and I have to go see an orthopedist for a shoulder dislocation from 9 years ago. They want a full write-up and X-rays from a new doctor and they are giving me 30 days to get them in. Guess what I'm doing on Monday.....
    It's standard for the Service. I destroyed my shoulder in college wrestling and had total reconstructive with a doctor that works for the TN Titans. They still wanted all the charts and files and write ups, but in the end, as long as you can fight and shoot, your good to go...
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by supertrooperdhs View Post
      It's standard for the Service. I destroyed my shoulder in college wrestling and had total reconstructive with a doctor that works for the TN Titans. They still wanted all the charts and files and write ups, but in the end, as long as you can fight and shoot, your good to go...
      Outstanding. Glad this won't DQ me. It makes sense that if they are going to spend all this time/money on training you they don't want your shoulder to snap during DT training.

      Comment


      • Just wondering how long did it take for others to here back about their poly results? I am confident that I passed but I just want it confirmed. Does an agent call, or do you recieve a letter? Also once you are officially notifed of your results how long does it take until the background investigation starts? Any info would be great.
        Thanks!

        September 25: Turned in Application
        October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
        December 20: TEA (Passed)
        March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
        May 21: Medical (Passed)
        June 18: Polygraph (waiting on results)
        Last edited by mcall80; 07-08-2008, 11:22 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by supertrooperdhs View Post
          It's standard for the Service. I destroyed my shoulder in college wrestling and had total reconstructive with a doctor that works for the TN Titans. They still wanted all the charts and files and write ups, but in the end, as long as you can fight and shoot, your good to go...
          Do they require this for all injuries?

          I had two pretty severe sprains (ripped apart ligaments) in my left wrist (skiing @ 15 y/o) and right foot (paintball @ 19 y/o). No surgery, no pain or disability now in either, except that I can bend my wrist in ways nature never intended if I want.

          Am I going to have to chase down medical records for these and try to get a physician to evaluate them?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by a cashew View Post
            Do they require this for all injuries?

            I had two pretty severe sprains (ripped apart ligaments) in my left wrist (skiing @ 15 y/o) and right foot (paintball @ 19 y/o). No surgery, no pain or disability now in either, except that I can bend my wrist in ways nature never intended if I want.

            Am I going to have to chase down medical records for these and try to get a physician to evaluate them?
            I would imagine for anything like that they are going to require you to see someone. Like I said above, it was 9 years ago I dislocated my shoulder and despite going through the physical and getting the OK from the GOV doctor, I had to go see my own doctor for a second opinion. I wouldn't go spend the money until they tell you to though.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
              Just wondering how long did it take for others to here back about their poly results? I am confident that I passed but I just want it confirmed. Does an agent call, or do you recieve a letter? Also once you are officially notifed of your results how long does it take until the background investigation starts? Any info would be great.
              Thanks!

              September 25: Turned in Application
              October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
              December 20: TEA (Passed)
              March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
              May 21: Medical (Passed)
              June 18: Polygraph (waiting on results)
              Mcall 80,

              I had my poly at the end of May and have not received a call that my BI was starting or a secong poly will be needed. I've been told that no news is good news. From the looks of other applicants timeline it could take anywhere from a month or two.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mik11 View Post
                Mcall 80,

                I had my poly at the end of May and have not received a call that my BI was starting or a secong poly will be needed. I've been told that no news is good news. From the looks of other applicants timeline it could take anywhere from a month or two.
                I am in the exact same boat. I actually took a second poly and was told I was good to go. I cleared the Poly at the end of May and have been waiting on the word ever since.

                Comment


                • Does anyone know what the odds are of getting picked up once you have cleared all the steps?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by airasslt1865 View Post
                    I am in the exact same boat. I actually took a second poly and was told I was good to go. I cleared the Poly at the end of May and have been waiting on the word ever since.
                    What was the wait time to be scheduled for the second poly? Did they contact you within the month?

                    Comment


                    • It was about two weeks. It was also in another city.

                      Comment


                      • What is the whiz quiz?

                        Comment


                        • Initial application April
                          Initial interview April
                          TEA June-passed 90%, thought I might have failed

                          Comment


                          • whiz quiz is the drug screen

                            Comment


                            • Guys,

                              Has anyone on here try to apply with a AA degree and work experience? I'm in the process for my BA but i do have about 17 years of investigation (retail security and Corp security levels). I'm not getting younger, my 35th birthday was yesterday, so i wanted to start the process. I guess the only thing they could say is no..

                              Thanks everyone.

                              Comment


                              • ok lots of posts here so sorry if i am asking something that someone said 100 posts ago, but i just went to a carrer fair about the secret service uniform division and special agent. I am 22 years old just meet the requirements by December (i.e. bachelor's degree,etc). But I figure their is probably a ton of LEO's with BA's applying and Im wondering if I am just better off only applying to the uniform division as my only work experience has been part time jobs in high school and college. Am I making the right move? I mean odds are they don't hire too many SA's right out of college. I was thinking I might like the UD and besides that it may at least get my foot in the door. thanks for any advice

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14628 users online. 416 members and 14212 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X