300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping! How do you like working there? I've heard nothing but good things from the agents I have spoken with because they deal with such a wide range of protection and cases. Has that been your experience as well? What is the worst thing about the WFO?
    It's a good organization with quality people. WFO is a GREAT office. You'll stay busy there, and you'll get a lot of experience, especially protection.
    "...the complacency of fools will destroy them." Proverbs 1:32

Comment

• Man VT04, your timeline is smoking! Im out of richmond, but WFO gets it im sure, they are the biggest office in the area. Here is wht I dont understand, if you go to WFO for phase II, why would they put you there for your initial assignment? I had heard it was cali or NYC most likely?

Comment

• Offices

Originally posted by df2338 View Post
        Man VT04, your timeline is smoking! Im out of richmond, but WFO gets it im sure, they are the biggest office in the area. Here is wht I dont understand, if you go to WFO for phase II, why would they put you there for your initial assignment? I had heard it was cali or NYC most likely?
        I'm moving - hope it keeps up like this. You don't go to the WFO for Phase II, you go to Beltsville, MD for 15 weeks after FLETC. You are about 20 minutes north of DC at the Rowley Training Center. I was told the offices new agents are typically offered are: NYC, San Fran, LA, Miami, Chicago, and DC. If you have a preference they will try to make it work for you because they want happy agents that plan on making the USSS a lifestyle. That was what made the biggest impression on me during my panel, the Service is not a job/career, they emphasized that it is a lifestyle.

Why don't you try to change your office from Richmond to DC?

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxx
          Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• I grew up on the far north side. I wouldn't want to go back because I hate all the snow and cold.

Comment

I'm moving - hope it keeps up like this. You don't go to the WFO for Phase II, you go to Beltsville, MD for 15 weeks after FLETC. You are about 20 minutes north of DC at the Rowley Training Center. I was told the offices new agents are typically offered are: NYC, San Fran, LA, Miami, Chicago, and DC. If you have a preference they will try to make it work for you because they want happy agents that plan on making the USSS a lifestyle. That was what made the biggest impression on me during my panel, the Service is not a job/career, they emphasized that it is a lifestyle.

Why don't you try to change your office from Richmond to DC?
              It's NOT that they care about "happy agents", believe me.

The USSS doesn't pay for your first move - like the FBI and some of the others - so to "help out" a little, they try to place you somewhat close to home. Exactly what "close to home" means is still up in the air. The only options they're really giving to guys in the field are LA, NYC, & San Fran, because they always seem to need bodies in those offices. WFO is filling up with guys leaving the details who are getting 2nd assignments in DC, so there are limited openings there. If you're hired in the southeast (AL, GA, MS, etc.), Miami is a possiblity, and if you're hired in the midwest (IA, OH, IL, etc.) you might get Chicago.

Good luck with the hiring process. We need some more bodies!
              "...the complacency of fools will destroy them." Proverbs 1:32

Comment

• Hearing

Can somebody post some information regarding the hearing requirements. Has anybody had to re-test? Were the standards stated on the follow-up letter or did it just say a re-test was required. I am within OPM standards but not sure if those are the ones used. Any information would be appreciated.

Comment

• I am new to this forum but have a question for those of you that are in the process. I passed my poly 2 weeks ago and have yet to be contacted about my BI. Can anyone let me know how long it took for the BI to begin after they cleared the poly? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc03 View Post
                    Can somebody post some information regarding the hearing requirements. Has anybody had to re-test? Were the standards stated on the follow-up letter or did it just say a re-test was required. I am within OPM standards but not sure if those are the ones used. Any information would be appreciated.
                    I had to re-test and it did not state the standard in the letter. I just said to get an audiology exam and submit the results. It could be different under different circumstances but that is what happened to me.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxx
                      Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Congrats!!

Originally posted by LawDog99 View Post
                        I finally got the call and will be going to FLETC this August. I have a few questions for those of you who are in the know:

How does federal retirement work?

Are there education benefits? For example, will the Government pay for me to further my education?

Are there any loan forgiveness programs of any sort? Part of my loans from law school include federal stafford loans.
                        Way to go! Did you get the Chicago FO?

Comment

• Just talked to my FO and they said I'm getting a medical letter in the mail; it was sent out today. The Dr. who did my exam said I'm fine; the bloodwork all came back within spec's; passed both my eye exam and hearing exam.

What else is there for them to need a review on?? Do they make you go back to a USSS physician, or do you have to see a doctor out of your own pocket?

Thanks guys.

Comment

Just talked to my FO and they said I'm getting a medical letter in the mail; it was sent out today. The Dr. who did my exam said I'm fine; the bloodwork all came back within spec's; passed both my eye exam and hearing exam.

What else is there for them to need a review on?? Do they make you go back to a USSS physician, or do you have to see a doctor out of your own pocket?

Thanks guys.
                            Typically the doctor doing the exam is not familiar with USSS standards, he simply administers the physical. The USSS doctor will make the determination if you are within standards or if follow-ups are required. The letter will advise you of your status. If follow ups are required it will be on your own dime with your own doctor and you will submit results back to USSS doctor.

Comment

• Hello Forum,

I've been lurking around the forum and others for months now and finally decided to post. Here is my timeline with USSS.

Initial Interview 9/2007
                              TEA 10/07
                              PANEL 03/08
                              MEDICAL 04/08
                              POLY 5/08
                              Last edited by Mik11; 08-22-2008, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc03 View Post
                                Typically the doctor doing the exam is not familiar with USSS standards, he simply administers the physical. The USSS doctor will make the determination if you are within standards or if follow-ups are required. The letter will advise you of your status. If follow ups are required it will be on your own dime with your own doctor and you will submit results back to USSS doctor.
                                You are correct. Got the letter today and I have to go see an orthopedist for a shoulder dislocation from 9 years ago. They want a full write-up and X-rays from a new doctor and they are giving me 30 days to get them in. Guess what I'm doing on Monday.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14724 users online. 436 members and 14288 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X