300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Good_to_go! View Post
    Can anyone elaborate on the firearms qualifying (during the first couple of weeks of employment, while at Beltsville) for a newly hired Special Agent? I was able to find info about the physical requirements but I can't seem to find anything about how to prepare for the shooting (specifically distance, sequence, etc.).

Thanks!
    The best way you can prepare is to not prepare. When you get there just listen to what the firearms instructors tell you, watch their demonstrations and then employ what they teach and you will do well. If you try to train beforehand you will probably train differently than the way they will teach you and this will make it harder for you to adjust to their shooting style.

Comment

• Medical is done! (though I feel like the Dr. should have at least asked for my phone number after all that)

Poly, BI, home visit and whiz quiz left to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by forresde1 View Post
        All of this discussion aside. It has been established that investigative agent will receive a vehicle with gas.

Back on track. Does anyone know what cars are being issued to these investigative agents?

Maybe the next person in the forum who goes in for an interview can go ahead and ask that question cause it would be really interesting to know. Especially with rising gas prices.
        I've had a Chevy Lumina, Chevy Blazer, Pontiac Grand-Am, Chevy Monte Carlo, and a Buick ??? (I can't even remember what it was). Don't worry about gas prices. If you get a car (which you will while in Investigations), you'll use a government gas card to put gas in it. That won't come out of your pocket.

The issued vehicles vary from office to office. Obviously, it will be American-made, but we've got everything in the field from Ford Mustangs to Chevy Suburbans. I've even seen a few Mazda 6's (I guess they're American enough). Most of the "g-rides" have less than 60K miles, but that's getting stretched a little further due to budget. With gas being what it is these days, I'd take anything I didn't have to fill up on my own dime! You lose your government car when you go to protection.
        "...the complacency of fools will destroy them." Proverbs 1:32

Comment

• There's a "secret" reason to not work for the Treasury Department (hint: that department includes the IRS, possibly the world's least benevolent government agency -- tax collectors, repent, and ye shall be forgiven).

Comment

• Originally posted by federale083 View Post
            I've had a Chevy Lumina, Chevy Blazer, Pontiac Grand-Am, Chevy Monte Carlo, and a Buick ??? (I can't even remember what it was). Don't worry about gas prices. If you get a car (which you will while in Investigations), you'll use a government gas card to put gas in it. That won't come out of your pocket.

The issued vehicles vary from office to office. Obviously, it will be American-made, but we've got everything in the field from Ford Mustangs to Chevy Suburbans. I've even seen a few Mazda 6's (I guess they're American enough). Most of the "g-rides" have less than 60K miles, but that's getting stretched a little further due to budget. With gas being what it is these days, I'd take anything I didn't have to fill up on my own dime! You lose your government car when you go to protection.
            Federale083, Do know if they have slowed down on sending people to the academy? I have been waiting for two months for a report date. Any information and advice would be helpful.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxx
              Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Had my poly yesterday. The examiner said my results were in the range that they needed to be in. Thats about all she said. Best of luck to everyone!!

September 25: Turned in Application
                October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
                December 20: TEA (Passed)
                March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
                May 21: Medical (Passed)
                June 18: Polygraph (waiting on results)

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                  There's a "secret" reason to not work for the Treasury Department (hint: that department includes the IRS, possibly the world's least benevolent government agency -- tax collectors, repent, and ye shall be forgiven).
                  We left Treasury several years ago. We're under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) now.

Comment

• Deleted (Repeat)...damn computer!
                    Last edited by federale083; 06-20-2008, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• Deleted (Repeat #2) - Sorry!
                      Last edited by federale083; 06-20-2008, 03:08 AM. Reason: Repeat #2

Comment

• Originally posted by ksig View Post
                        Federale083, Do know if they have slowed down on sending people to the academy? I have been waiting for two months for a report date. Any information and advice would be helpful.
                        Not that I know of. In fact, I think they've tried to speed up the whole process due to the campaign. If you've finished the process and are only waiting for an academy date, it may be because there are already multiple classes in training.

Comment

• VT04, you going through richmond...could i see your timeline?

Comment

• Timeline

Originally posted by df2338 View Post
                            VT04, you going through richmond...could i see your timeline?
                            Applied FEB 2008
                            Initial Interview MAR 2008
                            TEA 4/25/08
                            NOR 5/1/08 Scored an 85
                            Panel 6/3/08
                            Medical 6/16/08

I'm processing out of the WFO and that is my first choice of locations. During my personal security interview I was told if I make it all the way through and am selected that I can request and recieve the WFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
                              Applied FEB 2008
                              Initial Interview MAR 2008
                              TEA 4/25/08
                              NOR 5/1/08 Scored an 85
                              Panel 6/3/08
                              Medical 6/16/08

I'm processing out of the WFO and that is my first choice of locations. During my personal security interview I was told if I make it all the way through and am selected that I can request and recieve the WFO.
                              Yea, I don't think you'd have ANY problem getting WFO!

Comment

• That's what I'm hoping! How do you like working there? I've heard nothing but good things from the agents I have spoken with because they deal with such a wide range of protection and cases. Has that been your experience as well? What is the worst thing about the WFO?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13751 users online. 469 members and 13282 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X