300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
    Well, got the ole BQA letter in the mail after 14 months in the process. I EOD for FAMS next week, so I guess I will put in some time there and then reapply to USSS after some time in the fed system. Perhaps that will help, not sure.

Best of luck to everyone still in the process.
    That sucks bro...but you got on with FAMS, so you got your foot in the door. I'm still on the outside looking in.
    Big Brother is watching

Comment

• edited and erased
      Last edited by when_is_code7; 08-30-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, but you are still sitting pretty. Keep your head up, you are starting in a great career. Hopefully I will be there soon. Good luck to you bro!!

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
        Well, got the ole BQA letter in the mail after 14 months in the process. I EOD for FAMS next week, so I guess I will put in some time there and then reapply to USSS after some time in the fed system. Perhaps that will help, not sure.

Comment

• A lot of good people getting the axe here lately. Don't know whether to wait for a polygraph or a letter after this week...
          USSS:
          07/09=Applied
          10/09=TEA
          12/09=Initial
          01/10=COE
          02/10=Panel
          02/11=Polygraph #1
          03/11=Polygraph #2

Comment

Good luck and stay safe flyer.

cd123cpd-go put a down payment on a house and make really big plans like a new baby......and BOOM you'll get "the Call" for sure.

Comment

Man that really sucks! Sorry to hear that, but I know you will do well with FAMS and that will surely open doors up.

Comment

• In case anyone is wondering, the second time is no more fun than the first time in the hot seat.
                Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
                  In case anyone is wondering, the second time is no more fun than the first time in the hot seat.
                  Well im right behind u, got mines coming up, after it was cancelled the first time I was suppose to sit in the hot seat again
                  God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                  3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                  Applied: 6/22/09
                  Exam: 7/24/2009
                  SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                  The Call: October 26, 2010
                  PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• HI is tomorrow, any advice? More specifically, is it more for my wife or do they interview me as well? Should I continue to wear a suit. Every encounter I have had I wear a suit and was wondering if I should tomorrow. I have heard mixed answers but am leaning towards wearing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLaw81 View Post
                      HI is tomorrow, any advice? More specifically, is it more for my wife or do they interview me as well? Should I continue to wear a suit. Every encounter I have had I wear a suit and was wondering if I should tomorrow. I have heard mixed answers but am leaning towards wearing it.
                      They will be in suits and I wore one a few years ago for UD HI. It was informal and more for my wife, it was only 45 mins total.

Offer some water/coffee and relax.

Good luck.

Comment

• edited and erased
                        Last edited by when_is_code7; 08-30-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                          So basically he has been blown off now by the FBI and the USSS. There are other agencies out there, but that still has got to really hurt. What is your background? LE experience, military, graduate degree?

I unfortunately dont have LE experience or military, just bachlors degree and 10+ years business experience. Was seriously considering getting my masters in DHS recently as several colleges within a few hour driving distance offer it. Might help my chances, not sure how much weight the USSS would put on it but couldnt hurt.

I do feel kicked in the butt but it has only made me realize just how passionate I am to be a USSS SA. Im getting back up and brushing off the dirt.......checking USAjobs.com everyday for the new announcement to be up for the USSS. Hopefully next time around it wont take 2.5 years to get an answer. I will post up on here as soon as I see the next announcement.
                          USSS SA:
                          2/08 Applied
                          7/08 Initial Interview
                          5/09 TEA Exam
                          11/09 Panel
                          6/10 BQA Letter
                          07/10 Reapplied

USSS UD:
                          11/10 Applied
                          01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

FBI:
                          1/08 Applied
                          1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
                          1/09 Resubmitted Application
                          2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
                          5/09 Phase II - Passed
                          5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
                          9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
                          10/09 BQA Letter

USCP:
                          05/10 Applied
                          06/10 Received COE Letter
                          10/10 POST Test - Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentHopeful03 View Post
                            I unfortunately dont have LE experience or military, just bachlors degree and 10+ years business experience. Was seriously considering getting my masters in DHS recently as several colleges within a few hour driving distance offer it. Might help my chances, not sure how much weight the USSS would put on it but couldnt hurt.

I do feel kicked in the butt but it has only made me realize just how passionate I am to be a USSS SA. Im getting back up and brushing off the dirt.......checking USAjobs.com everyday for the new announcement to be up for the USSS. Hopefully next time around it wont take 2.5 years to get an answer. I will post up on here as soon as I see the next announcement.
                            Sorry to hear that you have gone through so much trouble trying to become an 1811. I didn't even make it to Phase 1 when I applied for FBI, so don't feel bad. I too search usajobs daily in search of entry level 1811 positions, but they are few and far between. Even already working for the feds, it isn't any easier for me. Anyway good luck.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Just got off the hot seat for the 2nd time
                              God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                              3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                              Applied: 6/22/09
                              Exam: 7/24/2009
                              SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                              The Call: October 26, 2010
                              PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                                Just got off the hot seat for the 2nd time
                                Any better than the first time?

Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13049 users online. 493 members and 12556 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X