300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AgentHopeful03 View Post
    Well after 7 months since my Panel, and 2.5 years since I applied, I got the dreaded BQA letter today. Im definately not giving up, they said I can reapply for the next announcement and my TEA scores can be rolled over. That should save a few months!! This is what I really want to do and can't wait to reapply. Let the waiting game start over!! Good luck to everyone!
    Wow! That's a long time not to receive word and after being in the process for 2.5 years!! Sorry to hear that, and good luck this time!

Comment

• It has been really slow on this forum for "The calls" going out lately. It might be there are a lot of people that just read the forum and do not post (like I used to). I was just wondering if anyone has gotten "The call" lately. If so, could you post so the rest of us that are waiting (and I am sure all going crazy like myself) could have some hope. Now I know what the others and been going through waiting, and some others on here have to look forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by WA1163 View Post
        It has been really slow on this forum for "The calls" going out lately. It might be there are a lot of people that just read the forum and do not post (like I used to). I was just wondering if anyone has gotten "The call" lately. If so, could you post so the rest of us that are waiting (and I am sure all going crazy like myself) could have some hope. Now I know what the others and been going through waiting, and some others on here have to look forward to.
        Thats true.. I haven't heard many calls lately. Just curious, how many people have made it through the process or waiting on the call? I've completed all the steps, but haven't heard if my packet has been submitted to the panel?!

Comment

• Been waiting since the end of December. 18 months and counting from the start.

Could it be my hair?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAD_DOG View Post
            Been waiting since the end of December. 18 months and counting from the start.

Could it be my hair?
            Lol the hair might play a role in it!!

That's a long time to wait, I feel for you! Did something happen to your packet? i.e. medical issues?

Comment

• edited and erased
              Last edited by when_is_code7; 08-31-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Deleted..........

Comment

• edited and erased
                  Last edited by when_is_code7; 08-31-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by when_is_code7 View Post
                    Wow. Let me get this straight. The FBI flew you half way across the country to do your Phase II. They pass you. Then you get hurt doing the PFT. You manage to heal and stay in good enough shape to score an outstanding 19 four months later and THEN they decide to send you a BQA?!!! You're a better man than I am for giving them a second chance. I hope the Service, ATF or the DEA picks you up first. Good luck.
                    So basically he has been blown off now by the FBI and the USSS. There are other agencies out there, but that still has got to really hurt. What is your background? LE experience, military, graduate degree?
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• edited and erased
                      Last edited by when_is_code7; 08-31-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Great post When Is Code 7.

I am in a similar situation. I appled right out of college and didn't even get a chance to go through the process. The ASAC was very honest and said you can get through the process, but when your file gets to the hiring panel, you will be denied. He told me to go to graduate school (Masters) and get a few years in LE. I did both and reapplied in 2009. My HI is coming next week and than I will have my time with the hiring panel. Hopefully, they see some kind of dedication for reapplying and allow me to get an offer. One thing I have learned through this process, as well as friends I know that have went through this process, is getting through the process is not everything, the Hiring Panel holds all the power.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLaw81 View Post
                          Great post When Is Code 7.

I am in a similar situation. I appled right out of college and didn't even get a chance to go through the process. The ASAC was very honest and said you can get through the process, but when your file gets to the hiring panel, you will be denied. He told me to go to graduate school (Masters) and get a few years in LE. I did both and reapplied in 2009. My HI is coming next week and than I will have my time with the hiring panel. Hopefully, they see some kind of dedication for reapplying and allow me to get an offer. One thing I have learned through this process, as well as friends I know that have went through this process, is getting through the process is not everything, the Hiring Panel holds all the power.
                          Good attitude.

Every hiring process is different and a little luck helps.

Worst thing that happens is a BQA email, if that is the worst thing in your life then life is pretty good.

Comment

• Now HQ can't even find my application! I reminded them that I took the poly a couple of months ago and they said, "Oh, let me transfer you".....straight to voicemail.
                            Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

• Originally posted by danthony View Post
                              Now HQ can't even find my application! I reminded them that I took the poly a couple of months ago and they said, "Oh, let me transfer you".....straight to voicemail.
                              HA. I know a UD guy who's file was lost 3 times, hope you made copies

Comment

• Another one bites the dust....

Well, got the ole BQA letter in the mail after 14 months in the process. I EOD for FAMS next week, so I guess I will put in some time there and then reapply to USSS after some time in the fed system. Perhaps that will help, not sure.

Best of luck to everyone still in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9065 users online. 311 members and 8754 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X