300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. That's why they keep sending us to the hottest spots after the Army can't get the job done!
    My point exactly, the Army does the fighting, and the Marines go police up our spent amunition...lol
    God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
    3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
    Applied: 6/22/09
    Exam: 7/24/2009
    SI/WA: 3/2/2010
    The Call: October 26, 2010
    PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh yeah...well send my regards to the 82nd for allowing Anbar in general, and Fallujah in particular, to go to s#!^ enough that we had to come back and fix it. The Army would probably look better in their uniforms, but they took after French artisans and decided to wear berets. Don't Ask, Don't Tell, indeed. Keep it army strong, hooah.
      LOL. That has to be one of the funniest posts I have seen on here. Hahahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
        My point exactly, the Army does the fighting, and the Marines go police up our spent amunition...lol
        “We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?” - General John W. Vassey, U.S. Army

Game, Set, Match. Holla atcha boy! LOL

People are going to start to think we really dont like each other.
        Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by jarhead_fbi_sa View Post
          “we have two companies of marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?” - general john w. Vassey, u.s. Army

game, set, match. Holla atcha boy! Lol

people are going to start to think we really dont like each other.
          lol go army
          God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
          3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
          Applied: 6/22/09
          Exam: 7/24/2009
          SI/WA: 3/2/2010
          The Call: October 26, 2010
          PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Just out of curiosity for any USSS SA's that might be wandering around these forums, do they have some specific brand of sunglasses that you all wear on protection details? Also do we have to learn to never smile? I smile sometimes by accident when I am nervous and I'm wondering if that will be seen as a negative.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
              Just out of curiosity for any USSS SA's that might be wandering around these forums, do they have some specific brand of sunglasses that you all wear on protection details? Also do we have to learn to never smile? I smile sometimes by accident when I am nervous and I'm wondering if that will be seen as a negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                Just out of curiosity for any USSS SA's that might be wandering around these forums, do they have some specific brand of sunglasses that you all wear on protection details? Also do we have to learn to never smile? I smile sometimes by accident when I am nervous and I'm wondering if that will be seen as a negative.
                Yes, you are required to wear the same glasses that "Maverick" wore in Top Gun.
                And yes, you must pass the 30 minute final test of stoneface with your instructor at JJRTC, and if you smile you are fired on the spot.

Couldn't resist, sorry...

Just kidding though. I'm sure if the glasses are up to ANSI standards and maybe some agency approval to make sure they do not block your vision much, they are OK.
                And smiling shows signs of weakness or vulnerability. I wouldn't worry about it though, unless you actually laughed about my jokes above.

Comment

• Is someone with a B.A. competitive enough to become 1811 or do you need a graduate degree now? Also, what is a journey 12?
                  Last edited by jbrad; 05-28-2010, 12:31 AM.
                  I eat success for breakfast...with skim milk

Comment

• deleted..............
                    Last edited by when_is_code7; 08-31-2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• deleted................
                      Last edited by when_is_code7; 08-31-2010, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by axle20 View Post
                        Yes, you are required to wear the same glasses that "Maverick" wore in Top Gun.
                        And yes, you must pass the 30 minute final test of stoneface with your instructor at JJRTC, and if you smile you are fired on the spot.
                        LOL very good!

Comment

• Originally posted by when_is_code7 View Post
                          Holy crap! I just went back and looked at your timeline. Three months from online app to BI. You must be like a former Navy SEAL with a masters degree in computer engineering and Farsi. Good for you. Glad you're on the side of the good guys.
                          I bet he speaks a critical language...just a hunch
                          Big Brother is watching

Comment

affirmative.
                            FBI SA
                            Feb. 2010 - Online Application
                            Feb. 2010 - Phase I
                            Apr. 2010 - Language Test
                            Apr. 2010 - Phase II
                            May 2010 - PSI, Med, Poly, PFT, BI
                            Sep 2010 - Got "the call"

Comment

• Originally posted by MrVirus View Post
                              affirmative.
                              I took Russian in college. I'm pretty good at communicating my side of the conversation and I can read Russian well...but I can't keep up with the pace of native speakers in a conversation. I'm from Alabama, so you need to speak slowly and drag your vowels out for me to understand

So in other words, I "know" Russian, but my proficiency is for crap. Not too many native speakers (or any speakers) around here for me to practice with. I've been bugging my command to send me to DLI, but they don't want to pay for it.
                              Big Brother is watching

Comment

If you really want to work for the FBI, I STRONGLY suggest some form of intensive language program this summer.

Most universities offer programs in Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, etc.

It doesn't matter if its credit/non-credit, just need to score good enough on test. If you pass, you will FLY through the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3983 users online. 196 members and 3787 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X