300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Any activity? I know many are waiting on panel interviews, anybody on east coast having any movement? Dang these elections

Comment

• Hey all,

I have an initial interview tomorrow. Any words of advice?
        CBPO- Hawaii
        Written: 07/31/08
        TO: 09/23/08
        Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
        Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
        Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
        Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
        VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
        BI: Completed (2/19/09)
        Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
        Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
        TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
          Hey all,

I have an initial interview tomorrow. Any words of advice?
          Wear a suit and shine your shoes.

Be yourself and be honest.

Smile.

Know about the USSS mission and what the job entails.

Ask some pertinent questions.

Comment

• No activity here

There's not been any activity in the Southeast! My process was completed exactly 6 weeks ago today and I have not heard anything since then. Hopefully soon! Stinkin' elections!

Comment

• nothing since Feb
              Standing by to stand by

Comment

• Originally posted by changeisgood View Post
                How did everyone submit their application? Did you mail it to the local field office or take it yourself? If you took it yourself how did you present it? Should I put it in a legal envelope or what?
                Manila envelope with something on it like "Attention: USSS Criminal Investigator Recruiting" and the job# from USAJOBS.com

Comment

• Waiting on an academy date here in Texas

Comment

• Got a letter in the mail today stating that I was missing my SSN in my package. The weird thing is that I was disqualified 4 months ago because I didn't make the vision requirement.

Shows movement though in the west for those out here.

Comment

• Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
                      MCALL80 or SHSUROBERT

I have to get my Lasik done then I will send in my application, was wondering if you purchased the TEA Exam study guide and if you did, was it helpful? Also did you find the math portion the toughest?
                      FormerUSAF,
                      I used the Arco book. Studied it for a good month and passed. I passed it for the ATF and USSS used my results so I did not have to take it again. The math is tough but jut get through it the study book will help. If I were you just send in your application you can get lasik afterwards. When I had my physical there were two other applicants that were told that they will need to get lasik to continue on. They were not disqulaified in the beginning phase and got to knock out the initial interview,TEA, and the Panel. Now they need to get lasik and do the physical over and continue on. I went through the DC field office maybe its different in other field offices. Just get the ball rolling, I have a family member that is an agent and he said now is the time to apply they are lookng to hire alot this physical year.
                      Last edited by mcall80; 06-03-2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Must be different with each field office with the lasik procedure. I was told I couldn't even start the process by the SAIC until I had lasik than wait three months to be reevaluated by the doc to be within the 20/60 requirement. The reason he stated, "to save time and money" on their end. It would be nice to start the process than do the procedure in the mean time. But its the Gov. so who the H*** knows!!

Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
                        FormerUSAF,
                        I used the Arco book. Studied it for a good month and passed. I passed it for the ATF and USSS used my results so I did not have to take it again. The math is tough but jut get through it the study book will help. If I were you just send in your application you can get lasik afterwards. When I had my physical there were two other applicants that were told that they will need to get lasik to continue on. They were not disqulaified in the beginning phase and got to knock out the initial interview,TEA, and the Panel. Now they need to get lasik and do the physical over and continue on. I went through the DC field office maybe its different in other field offices. Just get the ball rolling, I have a family member that is an agent and he said now is the time to apply they are lookng to hire alot this physical year.

Comment

• Just finished my initial interview yesterday. The agent stated that he is going to send the results to HQ and the next step is to just wait for a response. Browsing through some posts, I noticed that some agents actually provided interviewees with an actual TEA date right after the interview. Do offices do things differently?
                          CBPO- Hawaii
                          Written: 07/31/08
                          TO: 09/23/08
                          Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                          Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                          Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                          Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                          VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                          BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                          Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                          Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                          TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• To the applicants who had to have the lasik procedure, did you know you had vision problems prior to doing the physical? Did you wear glasses or contacts? Was anyone who didn't already have glasses or contacts told their vision wasn't good enough to pass the physical?

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxx
                              Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent_punisher View Post
                                hey Former USAF,

I am actually in the same boat as you. I also need Lasik surgery. I just completed my panel interview and is waiting for the results. I am gonna go have my eye examine to see if I am a good candidate for Lasik in June. So far, I've passed the initial interview, tea exam, and recently took the panel. I don't understand why they need perfect vision =( . No one has really been able to explain this to me. gluck
                                agent punisher,

So they did start you prior to getting your Lasik done? I am at 20/100 one eye and 20/60 in the other but corrected to 20/20 both eyes. I am going to email my application today then and continue to study for the TEA. Also do they let you schuedule your initial interview or is a hard date set by them, because I am Field Training for a department and don't need any conflicts.
                                "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
                                German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10730 users online. 231 members and 10499 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X