Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a little clarification...no concrete info that hiring panel did NOT meet...but got an indication that it may be another day or even more if it did.
    Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

• No contact

I had my panel, fingerprinting, and situational essay back in early November. Got the COE on new Years, but nothing since. What is going on it's been like 5 months now.................

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd_west_coast View Post
        I had my panel, fingerprinting, and situational essay back in early November. Got the COE on new Years, but nothing since. What is going on it's been like 5 months now.................
        Nothing special or abnormal about your situation. I've had an average of 4-5 months between every step of the process. It's the federal gov't with lots of bureacracy. Hang in there with the rest of us.....

Comment

• I thought I was the exception Up until the Panel, they had me back every month.......things were moving so fast, too bad they didnt last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd_west_coast View Post
            I thought I was the exception Up until the Panel, they had me back every month.......things were moving so fast, too bad they didnt last.
            Haha. I hear ya. Some folks have had some blazingly quick timelines....then there's the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by williamske View Post
              Haha - I know what you mean I guess I worded that incorrectly. I was basically trying to point out as what I view as 'weak points' in myself as an applicant. No prior LE experience or combat training. But I am willing to learn. I was just waking up when I wrote that comment.
              I have no LE experience, and I highly doubt my combat experience outside of working PSDs is even relevant to the USSS. I don't think they need me calling in artillery and CAS

Plenty of people get hired with out either skillset.

With that being said....you better hit the gym harder. You can't train to be 6'4 220lbs, so maybe you can be my control tactics partner. Don't hurt me
              Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Jarhead - I believe the benefit of the USSS is the ability to carry...
                USSS 1811 SA Process
                07/09 - Applied
                10/09 - Scheduled TEA
                11/09 - TEA Exam
                12/09 - Initial
                12/09 - COE
                03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
                Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
                01/10 - Applied

Comment

• Got my letter today saying they want me to take the TEA test.

Just have to call them tomorrow. Guess I'm in for a long process.

I'm just worried about the vision test really.

Comment

• Originally posted by williamske View Post
                    Jarhead - I believe the benefit of the USSS is the ability to carry...
                    You gotta get to it first

Seriously though, don't worry about the male-female stuff. Do your thing and you'll be fine.
                    Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt88m View Post
                      Got my letter today saying they want me to take the TEA test.

Just have to call them tomorrow. Guess I'm in for a long process.

I'm just worried about the vision test really.
                      At this point, you got plenty of time to get a Lasik job done if it would help you.

Comment

• Tea

i'm going to take the TEA in april. is it worth preparing for or can i manage just go in cold turkey? i apologize if this has been discussed at length someplace.
                        Secret Service SA
                        Applied 1/10
                        TEA 4/10
                        Initial 5/10
                        Panel 10/10
                        Poly 12/10
                        Poly #2 2/11
                        Medical 4/11
                        Background 4/11
                        HI 5/11
                        DS 5/11
                        Background update 10/12
                        Poly #3 1/13
                        Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
                        The Call ????

Comment

• Yes prepare for it. Its not a walk in the park and reviewing will definitely help. I took the TEA today for USSS and it was only myself and one other person. There was supposed to be a third but they were a no show. I never had such a small test group but they said it were the only qualified enough applicants to be asked to take the test but not sure if it was that test date or out all the apps they received.

Comment

• hire calls

Anyone heard of anyone getting a call yet this week? Or, anyone get confirmation that the hiring panel did in fact meet last Friday?

Comment

• You will know when the hiring panel meets. This board lights up.
                              USSS 1811 SA Process
                              07/09 - Applied
                              10/09 - Scheduled TEA
                              11/09 - TEA Exam
                              12/09 - Initial
                              12/09 - COE
                              03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
                              Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
                              01/10 - Applied

Comment

• Subscribing to this thread for sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13871 users online. 397 members and 13474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X