300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usa Jobs

Just got email notice that Secret service is taking apps through the end of March. I know it isn't directly related but has anyone heard any interesting info on the hiring panel?

Comment

Originally posted by xynder View Post
      FLETC pays you $3/day per diem for incidentals. Food is provided so you're expected to eat there.

I *heard* that JJRTC provides full per diem since there are no food facilities on-site. Save as much of it as you can... do you really need like $30/day worth of food? (Maybe you do; in which case, lose some weight)
      Fletc and JJRTC pay includes base/leap/locality. Fletc is up to $5/day and you get per diem at JJRTC. There are no food facilities....packed lunches every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdub1811 View Post
        Fletc and JJRTC pay includes base/leap/locality. Fletc is up to $5/day and you get per diem at JJRTC. There are no food facilities....packed lunches every day.
        Wow, nice that they pay LEAP and locality from the beginning.

Comment

• 5 weeks and counting since poly without so much as a whisper. WILLIAM TOM FRANK!
          Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

• Originally posted by danthony View Post
            5 weeks and counting since poly without so much as a whisper. WILLIAM TOM FRANK!
            Another 3-4 months would be standard for my timeline. I had panel about 4 weeks ago, but if I heard back before the 4-month mark, I would probably pass out.

Comment

• I have come to the conclusion the SA process is like sailing...moments of boredom of waiting around followed by moments of terror. Hopefully we will get some movement in March.
              Month 5 since HI

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I was told somewhere along the line that you don't get LEAP until you report to your first FO. I've never heard one way or the other about locality pay at FLETC/JJRTC though.

Comment

• I've got a friend I work with that went through the DEA process which took 5 years before he was going to get hired (process long, then hiring freeze, then process changed and he had to redo etc), had to take the PT test 7 times and ended up failing it the first time he took it and the last time by 2 situps (they allow you to fail it once but twice you get DQ'd). I always think of that when I get discouraged about not hearing anything. The fact that I've been doing things in the process within the same year that I applied make me pretty impressed with the Secret Service's hiring process.
                  USSS:
                  07/09=Applied
                  10/09=TEA
                  12/09=Initial
                  01/10=COE
                  02/10=Panel
                  02/11=Polygraph #1
                  03/11=Polygraph #2

Comment

• Originally posted by cd123cpd View Post
                    I've got a friend I work with that went through the DEA process which took 5 years before he was going to get hired (process long, then hiring freeze, then process changed and he had to redo etc), had to take the PT test 7 times and ended up failing it the first time he took it and the last time by 2 situps (they allow you to fail it once but twice you get DQ'd). I always think of that when I get discouraged about not hearing anything. The fact that I've been doing things in the process within the same year that I applied make me pretty impressed with the Secret Service's hiring process.
                    I hope he also had other prospects? I would say that his is a "worst case" scenario. Sheesh, couldn't imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAD_DOG View Post
                      Just got email notice that Secret service is taking apps through the end of March. I know it isn't directly related but has anyone heard any interesting info on the hiring panel?
                      Nothing here as much as it pains me.

Comment

• I've made a few inquiries too re: hiring panel...total stonewall.
                        Certainly seems like the panel did not meet in February.
                        I was originally told it USUALLY meets once per month.
                        Other board I check is basically dead...

Comment

• nm deleted
                          Last edited by G46; 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• nm deleted
                            Last edited by G46; 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAD_DOG View Post
                              One of my contacts at the FO I am applying through told me that they thought a hiring panel was going to meet sometime at the end of March, maybe the 3rd or 4th week. However, they also said that this was unofficial information and could not promise it to be true. Hopefully they are right and we will see some more movement very soon!
                              FLETC Bound !

Comment

• Originally posted by G46 View Post
                                Question for the guys that had their polygraph rather quickly after their panel. Are you at a large FO with multiple polygraphers or are you at a small FO with only 1 or 0 polygraphers? Thanks.
                                I am processing through a smaller office and it took approx. 6 weeks from panel to poly. They had to bring in an polygrapher from another office since they did not have any resident ones there. However, they did say that they were very shorthanded at that position and sometimes it can take a little longer to bring someone in.
                                FLETC Bound !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11395 users online. 392 members and 11003 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X