300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckeyeSA View Post
    I know I have probably said this before, and it's not easy to do, but seriously don't even think about the polygraph. Thinking about it, being nervous, psyching yourself out, are the absolute worst things you can do. Simple fact is you cannot prepare for it so why bother worrying? Show up and tell the truth. It's not rocket science.
    Well said. Good advice.
    USSS:
    07/09=Applied
    10/09=TEA
    12/09=Initial
    01/10=COE
    02/10=Panel
    02/11=Polygraph #1
    03/11=Polygraph #2

Comment

• nm deleted
      Last edited by G46; 01-31-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• nm deleted
        Last edited by G46; 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Everybody stresses about the poly, its a given. I'm just pointing out how useless it is to worry about it. The questions may suck and you have no idea whats coming, but you are in total control, you either tell the truth or you don't. It's that simple. Good luck to all of you that have reached that stage. It gets much easier once its over with and the process moves faster....i was scheduled for my medical within 48 hours of taking the poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckeyeSA View Post
            Everybody stresses about the poly, its a given. I'm just pointing out how useless it is to worry about it. The questions may suck and you have no idea whats coming, but you are in total control, you either tell the truth or you don't. It's that simple. Good luck to all of you that have reached that stage. It gets much easier once its over with and the process moves faster....i was scheduled for my medical within 48 hours of taking the poly.
            At this point, I really never expect to hear anything for at least 4 months between steps. April 1st will be my 1-year anniversary for the USSS process. Anyone have a tissue for the tears?

Comment

• This might sound dumb, but what constitutes the "initial interview"? I had an interview with the head of station in January. It lasted about 30 minutes , with a bunch of forms to fill out, but I considered it more like a pre-interview. Haven't heard a thing since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElNueve View Post
                This might sound dumb, but what constitutes the "initial interview"? I had an interview with the head of station in January. It lasted about 30 minutes , with a bunch of forms to fill out, but I considered it more like a pre-interview. Haven't heard a thing since then.
                That is the initial interview. The panel is the "formal" interview, and the intial is more of a screening and/or informational session.

Comment

• Applied-3/1/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Greek57 View Post
                    Applied-3/1/10
                    If true, hire date-3/1/13

Comment

• Originally posted by formerusssnusmc View Post
                      If true, hire date-3/1/13
                      nice 'usmc.....arent we always waiting for something though.
                      Last edited by Greek57; 03-02-2010, 11:12 AM. Reason: no long need Arco book

Comment

• I might apply for this current announcement. Of all the 1811 positions though, this one seems like the least desirable to me.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Apply to them all.. you can turn em down later if you want..

Comment

• Question about FLETC and JJRTC...

Are SA trainees paid LEAP and locality during training?

I know at FLETC the have a chow hall, but what about JJRTC? If not do you get a per diem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy44 View Post
                              Question about FLETC and JJRTC...

Are SA trainees paid LEAP and locality during training?

I know at FLETC the have a chow hall, but what about JJRTC? If not do you get a per diem?
                              FLETC pays you $3/day per diem for incidentals. Food is provided so you're expected to eat there.

I *heard* that JJRTC provides full per diem since there are no food facilities on-site. Save as much of it as you can... do you really need like $30/day worth of food? (Maybe you do; in which case, lose some weight)

Comment

• Originally posted by xynder View Post
                                FLETC pays you $3/day per diem for incidentals. Food is provided so you're expected to eat there.

I *heard* that JJRTC provides full per diem since there are no food facilities on-site. Save as much of it as you can... do you really need like $30/day worth of food? (Maybe you do; in which case, lose some weight)
                                What about the regular salary? Do they pay locality and LEAP during training?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4548 users online. 243 members and 4305 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X