300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delta59 View Post
    Greetings all. I am pretty much done with the application process; just waiting on the call. I had my in-home interview last week. My questions are as follows:

1) How often does FLETC begin a new class? As needed? Quarterly? etc...
    2) How much notice can I expect from the time I get the call until I am to report to FLETC?
    3) What is a typical day at FLETC like?
    4) At what point can I expect to be formally tested on the PT requirments? Is that something that is done right off the bat, or is that something that is done at the end of the academy?
    1)I don't know how often classes begin, your recruiter should know that.

2)I was told that I would be able to give my current employer a two week notice. My recruiter also said that I would report to my closest Field Office until a FLETC class begins.

3)I went to FLETC for the BOP and a typical day was 8 hours of training. After 4pm, you could do what you wanted. Weekends were yours.

4)Before you head to FLETC, you will go to Maryland for one week. During that week they will start the PT test to see were everyone is. You will leave from Maryland and go strait to FLETC.

I am hoping to be on the April 8th hiring panel. Good luck in the process.

Comment

• "I am pretty much done with the application process; just waiting on the call. I had my in-home interview last week."

Delta,

Could you elaborate on your timeline (application date, TEA date, etc)?

Also, what FO did you apply to?

Thanks!
      Last edited by Good_to_go!; 04-07-2008, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good_to_go! View Post
        "I am pretty much done with the application process; just waiting on the call. I had my in-home interview last week."

Delta,

Could you elaborate on your timeline (application date, TEA date, etc)?

Also, what FO did you apply to?

Thanks!
        My apologies for the delayed response. My timeline is below.

Application Submitted August 2007
        Initial Interview October 2007
        TEA Exam November 2007
        Conditional Offer of Employment November 2007
        Panel Interview December 2007
        Drug Test/Physical December 2007
        Polygraph Exam February 2008
        Pre-Employment Drug Screen March 2008
        Background Investigation Started March 2008
        In-home Interview April 2008
        Background Investigation Complete April 2008

Comment

• Here's my timeline:

Application Submitted - December 2006
          Initial Interview- May 2007
          TEA Exam - June 2007
          Panel Interview - September 2007
          Drug Test/ Physical - October 2007
          Polygraph Exam - November 2007
          Background Investigation started January 2008
          In-Home Interview - January 14, 2008
          Pre-employment Drug Screen - January 17, 2008
          Background completed and mailed to Washington - January 18, 2008
          Waiting on "THE CALL" - Everyday

Comment

• Thanks to both...

KSIG and Delta,

Thanks to both of you for the timeline; it helps alot. I have been waiting for almost two months to hear back about my Panel (date and time), so I was getting a little anxious.

It looks as if the consistent theme for both of you is that after Panel, things get pretty fast-paced; I'm looking forward to that...

Good luck to both of you, I get pumped up every time I see someone post good news...

Comment

• I am waiting for the panel interview as well. I've waited only a month though. Does everyone that went through the process had 20/40 vision uncorrected or did they have to get surgery?

Comment

• Wow the process must have come to a complete stop for everyone. No posts for 10 days. I suppose that's what happens when the Pope and Dalai Lama visit during an unprecedented election year. Remember to stay motivated and continue living your life while you wait.

Punisher, to answer your question, I had the surgery (PRK). And the way it worked for me was that I had to have an independent Dr (ie my family Dr) verify there were no problems with the surgery via a quick exam. He then had to fill out and sign a short form provided by the Service which I then sent back to HQ.

Good luck.

Comment

• I haven't heard a word since my in-home interview. That was almost a month ago. From all indication, everything went fine in the BI. Anyone know when there is another hiring panel? Hopefully it won't be much longer!

Comment

• Originally posted by delta59 View Post
                    I haven't heard a word since my in-home interview. That was almost a month ago. From all indication, everything went fine in the BI. Anyone know when there is another hiring panel? Hopefully it won't be much longer!
                    Rumor has it that there will be another hiring panel in May. My recruiter told me that there is one every month. I had my in home interview in Jan. There are a few of us who are still waiting for the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksig View Post
                      Rumor has it that there will be another hiring panel in May. My recruiter told me that there is one every month. I had my in home interview in Jan. There are a few of us who are still waiting for the call.
                      I didn't think they met that often. For some reason I thought they met quarterly. Hopefully they will meet soon! I'm getting a little anxious wondering where in the world I'll end up....

Comment

• I hand delivered an application for uniformed division to my field office on the 18th, got a call yesterday that I was qualified for the special agent position and should resubmit the parts that are different for SA and bring those in at my initial interview. Pretty quick response. I also have received an email from the CIA for the SPO position to set up an interview in May. My question is if I am offered the SPO spot should I take it and continue on with the USSS? Also is the Uniformed Division easier to get hired on, and is the process quicker?

Comment

• The initial is next monday.

Comment

• Thanks Moto for your reply. I was wondering why no one had mentioned that they had eye surgery to meet the vision requirement. I thought maybe I was the only one with poor vision. How long was the wait for you to retest after your PRK? I was thinking about Lasik surgery, if I pass the panel. No word about that yet.

Comment

• Hey, I am new to this thread. Can someone tell me what the physical fitness test are like for the USSS SA?

Comment

• Location?

From some of you folks that would know...

Where are some of the most likely places that I can expect to be assigned once offered a position? How good is the SS being right now at keeping folks somewhere in the same region they come from? I live in the Southeast, and would like to stay somewhere in the region. How likely is this? I am really hoping NOT to get something like NY. I'd take it without hesitation, but I'd sure hate to end up there! What are some recent experiences?

Somebody, everybody, give me some feedback!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10880 users online. 366 members and 10514 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X