Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello

    Hey guys, I am about to turn in my application next week. Anyone here been through this process more than once?? Thanks

    Comment


    • I just submitted my first application as well about a week ago. Waiting for the first callback. Anybody here who has been through the process have any tips as far as suits go? I'm curious should I dish out five to six hundred for a real nice one, or just go to Mens Wearhouse and get a decent one? I've read that appearance is everything, but I don't want to show up and have them thinking I put too much into it.

      Anyone?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rjpowe2 View Post
        I just submitted my first application as well about a week ago. Waiting for the first callback. Anybody here who has been through the process have any tips as far as suits go? I'm curious should I dish out five to six hundred for a real nice one, or just go to Mens Wearhouse and get a decent one? I've read that appearance is everything, but I don't want to show up and have them thinking I put too much into it.

        Anyone?
        It does not matter how much you pay for a suit. Don't go 1970s. A black or navy blue will do just fine. I wore a black suit with a white shirt and maroon tie. Keep it simple. Have a fresh haircut and shave. Remember, you make the suit, the suit does not make you. Good luck

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ksig View Post
          It does not matter how much you pay for a suit. Don't go 1970s. A black or navy blue will do just fine. I wore a black suit with a white shirt and maroon tie. Keep it simple. Have a fresh haircut and shave. Remember, you make the suit, the suit does not make you. Good luck
          Cool...thanks a bunch.

          Comment


          • I found a nice $550 suit on sale at department store for $150 (I was surprised too). Got a haircut 1 or 2 days prior. Nice shave the morning before. Gave myself plenty of time to arrive.

            Actually arrived about an hour and a half early since I anticipated much worse traffic and parking. Went next door and had lunch at a hotel. Went upstairs 15 minutes before my appointment and waited patiently for the SAIC for recruiting to be available.

            The agent complemented me on my appearance and timeliness.

            Comment


            • Just got the word today passed Panel interview! Told next step is physical/drug test. Just wondering how long did it take for others to get a date for this after they passed panel. Any reply's would be greatly appreciated.

              -Thanks
              September 25: Turned in Application
              October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
              December 20: TEA (Passed)
              March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
              Medical/Drug test ?

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=mcall80;1172654]Just got the word today passed Panel interview! Told next step is physical/drug test. Just wondering how long did it take for others to get a date for this after they passed panel. Any reply's would be greatly appreciated.

                -Thanks
                September 25: Turned in Application
                October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
                December 20: TEA (Passed)
                March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
                Medical/Drug test ?[/QUOTE

                It took about 2 weeks after my panel interview. If everything goes of with the physical it should take up to 2 weeks for the polygraph. After the polygraph its starts to slow down. I waited 2 months to hear that I passed the poly. Once they start your background it flies by. The part that takes the longest is waiting for the call. I am on my third month waiting for the call. Good luck on the remaining parts.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
                  Just got the word today passed Panel interview! Told next step is physical/drug test. Just wondering how long did it take for others to get a date for this after they passed panel. Any reply's would be greatly appreciated.

                  -Thanks
                  September 25: Turned in Application
                  October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
                  December 20: TEA (Passed)
                  March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
                  Medical/Drug test ?

                  It should happen any day now. A third party person will contact you to set up your physical. Once you complete your physical and everything is ok, it should take about two weeks for you polygraph. After your polygraph is completed, it might take up to two months to hear anything back. My background was completed in less than two weeks. The longest wait time is for THE CALL. I am on my third month waiting for the call. Good luck in the process.

                  Comment


                  • Thanks KSIG, good luck to you also!! Got a call today to schedule my Medical/Drug screening!

                    September 25: Turned in Application
                    October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
                    December 20: TEA (Passed)
                    March 19: Panel Interview (Passed)
                    Medical/Drug test: (Received date April 21)
                    Last edited by mcall80; 04-04-2008, 12:24 PM.

                    Comment


                    • xxxxxxxxxx
                      Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:48 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ksig View Post
                        It should happen any day now. A third party person will contact you to set up your physical. Once you complete your physical and everything is ok, it should take about two weeks for you polygraph. After your polygraph is completed, it might take up to two months to hear anything back. My background was completed in less than two weeks. The longest wait time is for THE CALL. I am on my third month waiting for the call. Good luck in the process.
                        First time poster, long time stalker of this site. Wanted to tell ksig that I am in the same location and situation. My drug screen was last week of Jan 08 and have not got "the call" yet. I was told only very few do not get job offer at this point. Best of luck buddy.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 97BearKat View Post
                          First time poster, long time stalker of this site. Wanted to tell ksig that I am in the same location and situation. My drug screen was last week of Jan 08 and have not got "the call" yet. I was told only very few do not get job offer at this point. Best of luck buddy.
                          What field office are you processing out of?

                          Comment


                          • I may have missed this but...are all the steps done out of the field office? I.E. medical? I am sure that poly and panel are, but for those of us hours away, do they use any doctor or one local to the field office? Just wondering, 3 hour trip and days off work etc. Thanks

                            Comment


                            • xxxxxxxxxx
                              Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:47 PM.

                              Comment


                              • FLETC, etc...

                                Greetings all. I am pretty much done with the application process; just waiting on the call. I had my in-home interview last week. My questions are as follows:

                                1) How often does FLETC begin a new class? As needed? Quarterly? etc...
                                2) How much notice can I expect from the time I get the call until I am to report to FLETC?
                                3) What is a typical day at FLETC like?
                                4) At what point can I expect to be formally tested on the PT requirments? Is that something that is done right off the bat, or is that something that is done at the end of the academy?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5393 users online. 289 members and 5104 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X