Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DubyaB View Post
    DC is always in need of people. Any of the larger FO's seem to make it on the first offer list. Ones I have seen incl. Miami, Atlanta, Boston, Philly, and Chicago. They techically can offer you any FO that has a need for a warm body because new SA's get assigned to the FO where I am (med. sized city) quite regularly when slots open up due to SA's transferring or leaving for one reason or another. I have also seen new hires assigned to very, very small offices, so who knows what method there is to their madness!!
    I think USSS borrows the dart throwing drunk monkey FBI & DEA use to assign new SA's their duty locations.
    Dubya, any idea on how long it is once you are assigned a FO that you can try to transfer to a different one? BTW, thanks for your contributions to this thread....it's a big help to a lot us.
    "The wicked flee when no man pursueth, But the righteous are bold as a lion."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by policesc1 View Post
      Thanks Dubya. I am waiting for them to set up my Panel Interview. They sure do like to teach you a lesson in patience, don't they?
      policesc1,

      When and where did you take the TEA? Charlotte?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TallyPD302 View Post
        Dubya, any idea on how long it is once you are assigned a FO that you can try to transfer to a different one? BTW, thanks for your contributions to this thread....it's a big help to a lot us.
        Unless it has changed and I didnt know about it, you are "supposed" to stay in your first office 4-5 years and then go to a Protection Detail. For whatever reason, the wait is much longer now to get assigned to a PD, more like 8-9 years. Im sure some have gone sooner and some have gone later, but from all my USSS buddies that seems to be the avg. I do not believe you can transfer out of your first office just for the sake of going somewhere else unless you have a hardship reason or some exigent circumstances. Any other current USSS SA on here might be able to elaborate a little further.
        Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be known as the children of God."

        Comment


        • DubyaB, the recruiter i saw last week said between 6 to 9 years until you're put on a protection detail.

          Comment


          • Guys, thanks for the info.
            "The wicked flee when no man pursueth, But the righteous are bold as a lion."

            Comment


            • Anyone here familiar with the scope of the BI? At the initial he made it seem like it'd be insanely thorough, every place i've ever lived, etc etc

              but i doubt that anyone where i lived when i was in college for 3 to 4 years knows me, especially with the turnover in housing (new students in, old students graduating/leaving) theres prolly noone there who even knew me.

              plus theres a couple jobs i've worked where i don't even know if they're still in business

              Comment


              • Hey all,
                Can anyone tell me exactly where the the pre-employment drug screen falls in the process? I got a call this today from Washington to schedule my pre-employment drug screen. I didn't think that would occur until after the BI was done. To my knowledge, my BI has not been done... Any thoughts would be appreciated.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                  Anyone here familiar with the scope of the BI? At the initial he made it seem like it'd be insanely thorough, every place i've ever lived, etc etc

                  but i doubt that anyone where i lived when i was in college for 3 to 4 years knows me, especially with the turnover in housing (new students in, old students graduating/leaving) theres prolly noone there who even knew me.

                  plus theres a couple jobs i've worked where i don't even know if they're still in business
                  Insanely thorough? Yes, back to birth.
                  And I wouldn't sweat the references too much. Hopefully you made the investigators job some what easier by listing up-to-date contact information on your refs. If they hit a snag, the ROE allows them to call you for amplifying info.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by delta59 View Post
                    Hey all,
                    Can anyone tell me exactly where the the pre-employment drug screen falls in the process? I got a call this today from Washington to schedule my pre-employment drug screen. I didn't think that would occur until after the BI was done. To my knowledge, my BI has not been done... Any thoughts would be appreciated.
                    The steps aren't necessarily lockstepped together. Some parts run concurrent to others. Just be glad you were called in for the drug test....you're moving on!

                    Comment


                    • Career Fitness???

                      Hello all, I have just begun the process, and will be going to my initial interview on Wednesday, 3/19. I've been lurking around this thread for a couple of days and have a few questions for anyone in the know.
                      First - does anyone have any idea what the physical fitness standards are in order to graduate from the Rowley training center? In that same vein, does the USSS require a physical fitness test throughout Agents careers?
                      The reason I ask is because I want to show up on the first day of training, should I make it that far, already able to pass the fitness test. I would like to know what type of activities I need to gear my current workouts towards. Additionally, I believe that career fitness is important in LE, specifically protective details, but have never heard of any other federal agency requiring fitness standards be met post academy. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

                      Comment


                      • Thanks Up_On_Base!

                        Comment


                        • Message Deleted
                          Last edited by policesc1; 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Push-Ups, Pull-Ups, etc...

                            Can someone who has "been there, done that" shed some light on this one for me? How exactly do they expect you to do the push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, etc. Push-ups down onto a fist? Pull-ups from a dead hang? Etc? Etc? I'd like to prepare the right way and be able to do it right the first time. Any input and further details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

                            Comment


                            • Good example of a push up (ignore partner helping to keep added weight stabilized on the person's back)



                              "Pull ups" are always conducted from dead hang, up and then back down



                              The best way to prepare for pushups/pullups/situps... doing lots of them.
                              Last edited by a cashew; 03-18-2008, 06:20 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                                Good example of a push up (ignore partner helping to keep added weight stabilized on the person's back)



                                "Pull ups" are always conducted from dead hang, up and then back down



                                The best way to prepare for pushups/pullups/situps... doing lots of them.
                                Wow, I didn't expect a graphic answer. Thanks so much! That's pretty much what I've been doing is lots and lots of them!
                                Last edited by delta59; 03-18-2008, 06:31 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 13026 users online. 492 members and 12534 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X