300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
    He might want to see if they closed out the last announcement for the SA position without his name on the list first. Since there is no current SA announcement, I'd make sure that I wouldn't be cutting myself off completely until the next announcement.
    Well, I sent them an e-mail yesterday afternoon regarding this matter and this morning I received an e-mail stating that I am qualified for the position, as well as many other people, but was withdrawn from consideration because of the small amount of vacancies. I wish I would have known about this because I did apply for the 1811 first and decided to just apply for the UD afterward as well to give myself another opportunity. Oh well, it is frustrating but thankfully I'm only 21. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
    Applied: 7/14/10
    Exam: 8/18/10
    Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
    TSL 1: 9/10/10
    TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
    Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
    Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
    Drug Test: 2/3/11
    B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
    TSU: 7/21/11
    Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
    EOD: 8/15/11
    Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• If you have a college degree, which I assume you do, go become a military officer. Four years as a military officer (especially intel) and you're good to do anything in the Federal Government.

If USSS SA is your ultimate goal, I would do that instead of trying to use UD to get your foot on the door. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by SAAS13 View Post
      Well, I sent them an e-mail yesterday afternoon regarding this matter and this morning I received an e-mail stating that I am qualified for the position, as well as many other people, but was withdrawn from consideration because of the small amount of vacancies. I wish I would have known about this because I did apply for the 1811 first and decided to just apply for the UD afterward as well to give myself another opportunity. Oh well, it is frustrating but thankfully I'm only 21. Thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

• I looked on USAJOBS yesterday, and for a short time they had the opening for USSS SA listed. I looked again today and it had disappeared.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
          Being only 21 makes it harder for SA, you might meet min quals but you comp is much harder.

UD is more entry level compared to SA, you will need to bring something special to get hired at 21-24. Not trying to ruin 2010, just being honest bro.

Good luck
          I am 24 yrs old. USSS see's something in me. But agree, the competition is tough.
          USSS 1811 SA Process
          07/09 - Applied
          10/09 - Scheduled TEA
          11/09 - TEA Exam
          12/09 - Initial
          12/09 - COE
          03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
          Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
          01/10 - Applied

Comment

• FWIW, I got that same email, SAAS13, and I'm 29 and have just shy of seven years of private-sector career experience. I wasn't given the chance to get to the Panel where I could speak to my accomplishments, KSAs, etc, or answer the situational questions, which I sort of looked forward to (because I knew I'd have more to prove having no LEO or military experience). So don't feel too bad.
            Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
              Now you get a sticker!

Just kidding, its not a hard/fast rule but 1811 gigs are not entry level so w/o prior military/LE/language skills/IT/etc is rare you will keep moving on in the process.

Just think about the amount of people that apply for SA gigs, the comp is insane. That is why you can't take the BQA letter as a big FU, sometimes there are better people out there. It just means gain additional skills and reapply, no big deal
              The only reason I am posting this is to give some of the younger guys on this forum some encouragement. I am 23 with no LE or military experience and was initially told that it would be a long shot for me to get the SA position. However, they have pushed me through pretty quickly and I am now waiting on The Call. Even though being young may lower your chances, still give it a shot, because who really knows what they are looking for in a candidate at any given moment.
              Last edited by Student_to_1811; 01-01-2010, 10:52 AM.
              FLETC Bound !

Comment

• I totally understand exactly what you are saying and I knew it going into it. Actually, when I called to reserve my spot for the POST, the ASAIC told me that USSS doesn't normally hire someone as young as me because most of them quit/get fired or don't make it through the training. I know that even with two bachelor's degrees it would be hard but I just wish I would have known about the whole not being able to apply for both positions at the same time thing. Regardless, I am going to keep trying and I don't want my age to bring me down. I'm going to pursue the UD side of this and see what happens. And I don't take offense to anything anyone said, but I'm not a "bro." =)

Good luck to you Student_to_1811, I hope you make it!

Comment

• re:

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                  Good point.

Worst they can say is no, reapply in 2-3 years. My point was, just because you meet min quals there are still several hurdles.
                  It really depends on the field office. A college degree technically qualifies you for SA position. However, it does not always make you among the best qualified applicants. There are people with Uniformed Division with law degree's and graduate degree's who were told they lacked military or LEO experience. Then there are people with the same back ground or even less who make it through 1811 process. This is why it's always best to attempt the 1811 route first.
                  Congrats to you student to 1811, that is awesome!

Comment

• Has anyone ever heard of someone getting a BQA letter/notification after they completed the process and were waiting for the call?

Happy New Year

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLArchangel View Post
                      Has anyone ever heard of someone getting a BQA letter/notification after they completed the process and were waiting for the call?

Happy New Year
                      Yes. A friend of mine who graduated from school last December (2008) made it all of the way through the process and got the letter instead of the call. Needless to say, he was stunned and very upset. He did not have applications in anywhere else, either. His dad works with my dad and that is how I found out, so I do not know the reason.

Comment

• Does anyone have the website that has links to all the downloadable forms in WORD format? States the forms must be types.
                        USSS 1811 SA Process
                        07/09 - Applied
                        10/09 - Scheduled TEA
                        11/09 - TEA Exam
                        12/09 - Initial
                        12/09 - COE
                        03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
                        Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
                        01/10 - Applied

Comment

• Originally posted by williamske View Post
                          Does anyone have the website that has links to all the downloadable forms in WORD format? States the forms must be types.
                          Call your FO and ask for the CD. All the forms on my CD were fillable.
                          Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
                            Call your FO and ask for the CD. All the forms on my CD were fillable.
                            Some of the medical forms werent fillable
                            God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                            3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                            Applied: 6/22/09
                            Exam: 7/24/2009
                            SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                            The Call: October 26, 2010
                            PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• pm

Originally posted by williamske View Post
                              Does anyone have the website that has links to all the downloadable forms in WORD format? States the forms must be types.

sending pm to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                                Some of the medical forms werent fillable
                                You act like I don't work for a Fed agency with high-speed full versons of Adobe
                                Big Brother is watching

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3394 users online. 194 members and 3200 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X