300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJSSA2B View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone! For those of you getting ready to head to FLETC make sure you are running a minimum of 3 miles a day and at least one 6 mile run a week. Take care of your injuries, don't cheat yourselves on the pull ups because you will just be wasting your energy. PT is being stressed more than anything right now with USSS so do your pushups, sit-ups, and pull-ups correctly now so it's muscle memory that takes over during the test. FLETC will not get you in shape; you have to work out on your own. FLETC is not bad at all, especially if you are in the Taj without a roommate . Be a team player when you get down there with reports, ORT, and academics (study groups). Your reputation starts in FLETC and will stay with you for the rest of your career. Don’t be the know it all, be humble, don’t be the guy that says “When I was with… this is how we did it”. FLETC is where you make your friends for the duration of your career, hang out with everyone, have tough skin, take full advantage of the time in FLETC to become a team. I know a lot of this is redundant but it is important. If anyone has questions you can PM me but I won’t be on here every day. Good luck to everyone, my 2 year wait was worth it!
    How fast a pace with the 3 and 6 mile. Neither should be a problem depending on the pace.
    USMS REGION 2
    Information Session= March, 2009(Washington, DC)
    Interview= June, 2009(Crystal City, VA)
    Conditional offer= July, 2009
    B.I./E-QIP Submitted= July, 2009
    B.I. Personal Interview=September, 2009
    Medical Part 1&2= July 2009 (Rolla, Mo.)
    Drug test= August, 2009
    FIT= November 23, 2009 -PASSED
    FLETC= Feb 17, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtjdd View Post
      How fast a pace with the 3 and 6 mile. Neither should be a problem depending on the pace.
      I do three miles at 6-6:30 pace. I do six miles at 7:30-8:00 minute pace.
      Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
        I do three miles at 6-6:30 pace. I do six miles at 7:30-8:00 minute pace.
        Impressive. You will be @ the front of the line I am sure! Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2themax45 View Post
          Impressive. You will be @ the front of the line I am sure! Good luck.
          Maybe, but those sawed-off types will make up for it in the other events. Distance running is just my thing...being 6'4+ helps.
          Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Got a giant packet of paperwork to fill out.
            USSS 1811 SA Process
            07/09 - Applied
            10/09 - Scheduled TEA
            11/09 - TEA Exam
            12/09 - Initial
            12/09 - COE
            03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
            Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
            01/10 - Applied

Comment

• Originally posted by williamske View Post
              Got a giant packet of paperwork to fill out.
              They sent me a cd with the paperwork on it. I just called to notify them I was finished with the Packet and I was told to keep it and bring it along with the cd to the panel. She said my process is about to be assigned to an agent to set up the panel
              God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
              3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
              Applied: 6/22/09
              Exam: 7/24/2009
              SI/WA: 3/2/2010
              The Call: October 26, 2010
              PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• When I did mine JLAC that's how it went. I brought it all in, signed it in front of them, then did all my other j***. Good luck. My panel was cake, but I've heard others has been more stressful.

Regardless, the BEX is definitely much more intimidating so you will be good to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                  When I did mine JLAC that's how it went. I brought it all in, signed it in front of them, then did all my other j***. Good luck. My panel was cake, but I've heard others has been more stressful.

Regardless, the BEX is definitely much more intimidating so you will be good to go!
                  I have heard the same. Its not too much preparing for this panel atleast, besides the normal way you would prepare for an interview
                  God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                  3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                  Applied: 6/22/09
                  Exam: 7/24/2009
                  SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                  The Call: October 26, 2010
                  PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                    They sent me a cd with the paperwork on it. I just called to notify them I was finished with the Packet and I was told to keep it and bring it along with the cd to the panel. She said my process is about to be assigned to an agent to set up the panel
                    It is amazing how different each FO does it. I was handed the CD on my way out the door and told to mail them in along with the CD. My last contact with the FO said my package was with a supervisor who was trying to scrounge up enough agents for a panel (small FO).

Some get COEs, some don't. Most confusing. Oh well. Good luck everyone!
                    Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Has anyone been contacted or does anyone know about the October 2009 vacancy? I applied in early October (it closed 10/28) and I still have not heard anything about the TEA exam and I was just wondering if anyone else who applied has. I saw on other people's timelines on here that it only took a month for their TEA so I'm curious. As well, I applied for the UD position at the same time and I have already taken and passed the POST.

Happy New Year to all, I hope those of you on here get "the call" soon!
                      Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
                      Applied: 7/14/10
                      Exam: 8/18/10
                      Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
                      TSL 1: 9/10/10
                      TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
                      Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
                      Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
                      Drug Test: 2/3/11
                      B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
                      TSU: 7/21/11
                      Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
                      EOD: 8/15/11
                      Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by SAAS13 View Post
                        Has anyone been contacted or does anyone know about the October 2009 vacancy? I applied in early October (it closed 10/28) and I still have not heard anything about the TEA exam and I was just wondering if anyone else who applied has. I saw on other people's timelines on here that it only took a month for their TEA so I'm curious. As well, I applied for the UD position at the same time and I have already taken and passed the POST.

Happy New Year to all, I hope those of you on here get "the call" soon!
                        I have your answer because I am in the same shoes.

If you apply to UD, and go for POST they will NOT schedule you for TEA. My recruiting coordinator has directly informed me that these processes are mutually exclusive.

Stinks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mx1111 View Post
                          I have your answer because I am in the same shoes.

If you apply to UD, and go for POST they will NOT schedule you for TEA. My recruiting coordinator has directly informed me that these processes are mutually exclusive.

Stinks!
                          Crap! I only applied for the UD in case I did not get the SA job. Ugh. Thanks for letting me know though
                          Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
                          Applied: 7/14/10
                          Exam: 8/18/10
                          Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
                          TSL 1: 9/10/10
                          TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
                          Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
                          Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
                          Drug Test: 2/3/11
                          B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
                          TSU: 7/21/11
                          Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
                          EOD: 8/15/11
                          Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by SAAS13 View Post
                            Crap! I only applied for the UD in case I did not get the SA job. Ugh. Thanks for letting me know though
                            Always apply for USSS 1811 first. If it does not work out THEN apply for Uniformed Division if that's what you want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2themax45 View Post
                              Always apply for USSS 1811 first. If it does not work out THEN apply for Uniformed Division if that's what you want to do.
                              When I applied to USSS, I applied for the UD and SA positions at the same time. I received a call inviting me to take the POST exam. I then asked if I can be considered for both positions at the same time, and they told me no. Long story short, I declined the UD POST invitation and sent a formal email requesting to withdrawal my application but stated in the email that I would like to be further considered for the SA position. The next day, I received a call from USS for the SA position. I would call them and ask to formally withdrawal your application from the UD position, but remind them you would like to be further considered for the SA position.
                              USSS 1811 SA Process
                              07/09 - Applied
                              10/09 - Scheduled TEA
                              11/09 - TEA Exam
                              12/09 - Initial
                              12/09 - COE
                              03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
                              Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
                              01/10 - Applied

Comment

• Originally posted by williamske View Post
                                When I applied to USSS, I applied for the UD and SA positions at the same time. I received a call inviting me to take the POST exam. I then asked if I can be considered for both positions at the same time, and they told me no. Long story short, I declined the UD POST invitation and sent a formal email requesting to withdrawal my application but stated in the email that I would like to be further considered for the SA position. The next day, I received a call from USS for the SA position. I would call them and ask to formally withdrawal your application from the UD position, but remind them you would like to be further considered for the SA position.
                                He might want to see if they closed out the last announcement for the SA position without his name on the list first. Since there is no current SA announcement, I'd make sure that I wouldn't be cutting myself off completely until the next announcement.
                                Big Brother is watching

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12643 users online. 402 members and 12241 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X