300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cmm491 View Post
    In regards to the BI... when looking at your immediate family, how much will their actions affect me? I am the youngest of 3 and my older brothers have made some mistakes in their lives. The middle one had a couple DUI's. I am not so much worried about him. It is my oldest brother that I am worried about, he has been in trouble with the law since he was a teenager. yes, felonies are involved. i can sum him up right now with repeatingly violating his parole.

I have learned from their mistakes and it is actually their mistakes that made me want to make a difference in life. i am what you would call the "angel" of the 3. how detrimental would they be to me passing my BI?

(i dont plan on applying for SA until at least a few years from now due to lack of exp. mentioned in a previous post in this thread, just somethign that has been on my mind)
    Actions on the part of your immediate family can cast a shadow on your BI, but it is not an automatic DQ by any means. Alot of us have had family members do some idiotic things and it has not stopped us. Myself included. You will have to take the steps necessary to step out of the shadow that your brothers have cast on you and prove that you are the "angel" of the group and that their bad choices have not influenced you for the worse. Be honest and up front with any questions and be prepared to show how their actions have inspired you to go in a completely different direction.
    Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be known as the children of God."

Comment

• Does anybody know of someone that has gotten the call?

Comment

• Does anyone know how the TEA is graded? I've read conflicting information in an old forum. I took the TEA test for the USSS SA exam, there was only 75 questions. Do I need to have 52.5 correct, 70%, in order to pass this exam. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• I can speak for ALDDA in that he was offered 3 west coast cities and he accepted one of them. I wont reveal the city he chose without his approval, but it was one I had never seen offered to a new hire and I think he will love it! Glad to see a local boy done good!! I think he set a world record in processing with USSS and they got a good one in Aldda! Best of luck to him!!
          Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be known as the children of God."

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaB View Post
            I can speak for ALDDA in that he was offered 3 west coast cities and he accepted one of them. I wont reveal the city he chose without his approval, but it was one I had never seen offered to a new hire and I think he will love it! Glad to see a local boy done good!! I think he set a world record in processing with USSS and they got a good one in Aldda! Best of luck to him!!
            Is there anybody I could call besides my FO's recruiter. I have been trying to talk to him for the last two months. When the agents conducted my home interview, they stated it could take up to two months. I guess I'm just being anxious. Any insight would be grateful.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent_punisher View Post
              Does anyone know how the TEA is graded? I've read conflicting information in an old forum. I took the TEA test for the USSS SA exam, there was only 75 questions. Do I need to have 52.5 correct, 70%, in order to pass this exam. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
              All you need to make is 70% or better.

Comment

• O.K. so I Just talked to my SAIC and was told my Vision was just short of the requirement (20/60).
                Lasik here I come...

Comment

• Message Deleted
                  Last edited by policesc1; 05-27-2008, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• had my initial interview today. lasted about an hour and a half. recruiter went through my application packet, took down some notes and i signed some paperwork. he gave me the run down on the job, the travel/mobility required. watched 2 videos (one on the history of the secret service and another on JJRTC).

recruiter said i should hear back in a month about a panel interview.

process so far:

TEA (12/07 for ATF)
                    Application (Mid 12/07)
                    Initial Interview (3/08)

Comment

• Regarding the "thanks but no thanks letter", does anyone know the timing of its issue between stages; ie it seems that a period of a month or two is normal between each stage IT, Panel, Medical etc. Would a letter of rejection be sent early on between each stage?
                      Standing by to stand by

Comment

• anyone know if you can roll over new york state retirement in to FERS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
                          Regarding the "thanks but no thanks letter", does anyone know the timing of its issue between stages; ie it seems that a period of a month or two is normal between each stage IT, Panel, Medical etc. Would a letter of rejection be sent early on between each stage?

No rhyme or reason as to when it is issued. Just depends on how quickly decisions are made and then processed through the system. Just don't over analyze it and try to live life as normal! lol yeah...right! easier said than done, I know!!

Comment

• Originally posted by policesc1 View Post
                            Besides NY, LA, and SF... What are 3 or 4 other options you have heard of new recruits being offered? Thanks.
                            DC is always in need of people. Any of the larger FO's seem to make it on the first offer list. Ones I have seen incl. Miami, Atlanta, Boston, Philly, and Chicago. They techically can offer you any FO that has a need for a warm body because new SA's get assigned to the FO where I am (med. sized city) quite regularly when slots open up due to SA's transferring or leaving for one reason or another. I have also seen new hires assigned to very, very small offices, so who knows what method there is to their madness!!
                            I think USSS borrows the dart throwing drunk monkey FBI & DEA use to assign new SA's their duty locations.

Comment

• Message Deleted
                              Last edited by policesc1; 05-27-2008, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• I have a PhD. in patience from the fed process!!
                                Last edited by DubyaB; 03-15-2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11152 users online. 479 members and 10673 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X