300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by df2338 View Post
    GTG. Its a 6 hour round trip for me, as D.C. would be also. Have you completed you sf-86, and are the other forms needed later? only going back 7 years doesnt seem so bad, I plan to put it all on there anyways. I looked at the star method also, I will have to think about it, since im not a great interviewer. I dont think that the things ive done are a major accomplishment, but others might on paper.
    A key in not only interviewing for federal law enforcement, but any job is to not sell your accomplishments short!! Yes, they might look good on paper, but you will have to take it another step and verbalize what you have done in your experieces and education. Don't embellish your achievements, rather find ways to make them show your personality, potential and how it would serve that agency. It's very much a sale job with your interview and you have to convince them to invest ALOT of money in you to continue the process. Aim high and don't settle for no!!!
    Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be known as the children of God."

Comment

• I believe the entire exam. My partner said he guessed on just about every math question, but still passed.

Comment

• Yes, 70% total on the whole exam. I took too long on some of the math and literally did the ol A..A...B...B..C...on the remaining answers just to finish and somehow I passed!! If you had to pass the math section to pass the test, not many of us would make it I have a feeling!!
        Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be known as the children of God."

Comment

• Originally posted by df2338 View Post
          GTG. Its a 6 hour round trip for me, as D.C. would be also. Have you completed you sf-86, and are the other forms needed later? only going back 7 years doesnt seem so bad, I plan to put it all on there anyways. I looked at the star method also, I will have to think about it, since im not a great interviewer. I dont think that the things ive done are a major accomplishment, but others might on paper.
          DF,

Sorry for not responding sooner, been very busy...
          Yep, SF-86 is done, finally; and I did go ahead and pick through the Medical forms as well. Just figured I would take initiative and get it done in case they asked for it...

I'm with you, I had a very difficult time "selling" myself on the KSA's; don't like talking about myself, you know? Anyway, I'll try to do the same during Panel.

Speaking of Panel, I've heard from friends that situational ethics is a big part of it.

Good luck and keep me posted!

Comment

• I am on my 15 month in the process. I am waiting for the call. I completed my Pre-employment drug test on Jan. 17th. Does anybody know when the next hiring panel is going to meet? I am curious if they met in Feb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
              Anyone hear that the USSS might make changes to training format for SA's?

The rumor I heard was everything will be done "in house" like FBI/DEA/USPIS and stop sending people to FLETC in the future. Not sure if it's true, but I know this is something the Service would like to do.

Interesting...
              The USSS has been trying to pull UD and SA training out of FLETC since the Treasury days. I understand they are again trying to make a push to do this. They may have a better shot at it now more than ever because I believe their training is now accredited through Johns Hopkins Univ. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

• I personally think taking training away from FLETC would be a mistake, coming from someone with no investigative experience. I found FLETC training and the trainers much more upbeat and excited about teaching new agents, whereas the trainers at JJRTC were very boring and it just looked like they were punching a ticket to get a 14 spot. I learned much more at FLETC than JJRTC and the combined PT/CT class ORT was much more intense than anything in Beltsville.

Comment

• Got the call for the USSS SA position! It's off to FLETC for me in April. Good luck to everyone waiting in the process.

Comment

• Congrats Aldda!! Another Bama boy done good!!

Comment

• Hey aldda, who contacted you? Was it your field office or Washington?

Comment

• Aldda, which field offices did they offer?

Comment

• Congrats on getting the job!
                          "The wicked flee when no man pursueth, But the righteous are bold as a lion."

Comment

• i have my initial scheduled for next week

i've already taken the TEA (For ATF in 12/07)

any advice?

Comment

• Have a one to two minute bio about yourself prepared. As soon as I sat down with the ASAC who did my initial, he stated to me "Tell me about yourself". Concenstrate your current activities, such as work related and future goals.

Comment

• In regards to the BI... when looking at your immediate family, how much will their actions affect me? I am the youngest of 3 and my older brothers have made some mistakes in their lives. The middle one had a couple DUI's. I am not so much worried about him. It is my oldest brother that I am worried about, he has been in trouble with the law since he was a teenager. yes, felonies are involved. i can sum him up right now with repeatingly violating his parole.

I have learned from their mistakes and it is actually their mistakes that made me want to make a difference in life. i am what you would call the "angel" of the 3. how detrimental would they be to me passing my BI?

(i dont plan on applying for SA until at least a few years from now due to lack of exp. mentioned in a previous post in this thread, just somethign that has been on my mind)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8653 users online. 456 members and 8197 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X