Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by w8ing2hear; 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM.
    Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• Originally posted by Student_to_1811 View Post
      I intially applied almost exactly six months before completing my master's degree and was told that I as long as I complete the degree that would be ok.
      Sounds good, thanks bro

Comment

• I'm not coming from an LE background so I'd like to know if anyone could suggest some books that they have read during their LE careers that had a good impact on them. I'm sure that there will be plenty of readings on the law at FLETC and RTC but I'd like to get general info on LE procedure, interrogation, investigation, lessons learned, etc. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by calavera View Post
          I'm not coming from an LE background so I'd like to know if anyone could suggest some books that they have read during their LE careers that had a good impact on them. I'm sure that there will be plenty of readings on the law at FLETC and RTC but I'd like to get general info on LE procedure, interrogation, investigation, lessons learned, etc. Any thoughts?
          Just find a criminal justice student and buy some of their old school books llike criminal investigations, criminal law, etc
          God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
          3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
          Applied: 6/22/09
          Exam: 7/24/2009
          SI/WA: 3/2/2010
          The Call: October 26, 2010
          PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone knows if calls have gone out or if anyone has been called for the FLETC dates in January or February?

Comment

• My guess is the calls will go out today or tomorrow for the next academy dates.

Comment

• hmm.....

Originally posted by axle20 View Post
                My guess is the calls will go out today or tomorrow for the next academy dates.
                I like your optimism! Is that just a guess, or do you have some good intel??? I hope you're right though!

Comment

• I know 2 people that got the call last month on the 15th. So I am basing it on that. Of course, I am trying not to get my hopes up too high. Because I am weary to assume anything in this process!

Comment

• Got the call yesterday that my medical is scheduled for 12/08/09

Comment

• Forgot to mention something from my initial. The agent asked me am I in the hiring process with anyone else. I was honest and told him yes and the entire interview kinda changed. He went to telling me that the USSS will not be getting into a bidding war, and asked me if another agency offered me a position, will I take it. I told him yes because if I turn down the offer, the USSS can send me a thin letter the next day. He continued on to telling me that before I decide on the other agencies, I really need to look into them more, basically telling me that he can not give me the job now, but my chances of getting on with USSS is good. He went on to tell me about how USSS agents can request more pay if they feel as if they are under paid. He also notified me that USSS is one of the only federal agencies that pay overtime to their agents. If the agents work more than their alloted 2 hours a day, that is overtime, but it has to be a week notice, which is the only downside to that.
                      God Bless America

ICE 1811
                      PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                        Forgot to mention something from my initial. The agent asked me am I in the hiring process with anyone else. I was honest and told him yes and the entire interview kinda changed. He went to telling me that the USSS will not be getting into a bidding war, and asked me if another agency offered me a position, will I take it. I told him yes because if I turn down the offer, the USSS can send me a thin letter the next day. He continued on to telling me that before I decide on the other agencies, I really need to look into them more, basically telling me that he can not give me the job now, but my chances of getting on with USSS is good. He went on to tell me about how USSS agents can request more pay if they feel as if they are under paid. He also notified me that USSS is one of the only federal agencies that pay overtime to their agents. If the agents work more than their alloted 2 hours a day, that is overtime, but it has to be a week notice, which is the only downside to that.
                        did you interview in Raleigh?
                        Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

• Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                          Forgot to mention something from my initial. The agent asked me am I in the hiring process with anyone else. I was honest and told him yes and the entire interview kinda changed. He went to telling me that the USSS will not be getting into a bidding war, and asked me if another agency offered me a position, will I take it. I told him yes because if I turn down the offer, the USSS can send me a thin letter the next day. He continued on to telling me that before I decide on the other agencies, I really need to look into them more, basically telling me that he can not give me the job now, but my chances of getting on with USSS is good. He went on to tell me about how USSS agents can request more pay if they feel as if they are under paid. He also notified me that USSS is one of the only federal agencies that pay overtime to their agents. If the agents work more than their alloted 2 hours a day, that is overtime, but it has to be a week notice, which is the only downside to that.
                          I wish mine had told me that....so I could have said, WELL HURRY THE HECK UP THEN!
                          Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by danthony View Post
                            did you interview in Raleigh?
                            Yes Sir, I interviewed in Raleigh
                            God Bless America

ICE 1811
                            PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey everyone,
                              I am new to this forum and have been Going through the hiring process out of Springfield,IL.Here are my timelines:
                              Applied 08/09
                              TEA:10/09
                              Initial:Today 11/17/09
                              Panelending scheduling
                              My initial went really well and wasn't at all like a formal interview.What kind of questions should i expect from the panel?
                              Also why some people have the TEA after their initial and some before?just curiuos. Appreciate you guys's help

Comment

• Originally posted by mzahmatk View Post
                                Hey everyone,
                                I am new to this forum and have been Going through the hiring process out of Springfield,IL.Here are my timelines:
                                Applied 08/09
                                TEA:10/09
                                Initial:Today 11/17/09
                                Panelending scheduling
                                My initial went really well and wasn't at all like a formal interview.What kind of questions should i expect from the panel?
                                Also why some people have the TEA after their initial and some before?just curiuos. Appreciate you guys's help
                                Based on the new process that has just been in effect about 6 months, everyone should have to take the TEA first (and pass) before they are granted the initial interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9900 users online. 375 members and 9525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X