Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I been viewing this forum for some time now and figured that it was time that I contributed to it as well. My timeline for USSS SA is as follows:
    Applied: 6/09
    TEA: 7/09
    Initial Interview: 8/09
    Panel Interview: 8/09
    Poly: 10/09
    Medical: 11/09
    FLETC Bound !

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
      Fast timeline...congrats
      was thinking the exact same thing
      God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
      3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
      Applied: 6/22/09
      Exam: 7/24/2009
      SI/WA: 3/2/2010
      The Call: October 26, 2010
      PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I turned in my SF-86 paperwork Oct 28, was called Oct 29 to schedule a panel for Nov 2 so it can go very fast. AFter the panel they told me "no news is good news" at this point so I'm assuming that's because it takes awhile to get scheduled for a poly. I still haven't heard anything so not sure yet, just keeping my fingers crossed. I wasn't very confident about the panel interview though so I wouldn't be surprised if I got cut from the process here. A lot of people on here said their panel was conversational and not stressful at all. Complete OPPOSITE of my panel. It was so formal and serious I think I was more nervous than I would have been. I just couldn't get into a rhythm with them but it seemed like that was the point.

Anyway, I've been working with a personal trainer but couldn't find an exact physical requirement packet for SS (like I have for DEA, FBI etc.) Could someone point me in the right direction? I just want to have some hard numbers to give my trainer that I can work towards. PM me if so.
        ICE SA:
        Tested: 07/29/09
        Passed: 08/10/09
        Submitted resume/transcripts: 08/23/09
        Panel interview and written assessement: 08/11/2010
        Passed interview/written: 09/16/2010
        Tentative Selection letter: 09/29/2010
        Medical: 11/12/2010
        Background cleared : 11/16/2010
        Medical follow up: 01/05/2011
        Medically cleared/Entered T&S: 03/14/2011
        GAME OVER - 06/04/2011

HSI SA
        Applied- 6/10/2011
        NOR- 6/24/2011; Rating: GS-9, 83

Comment

• Male age group 20-29
          Push-ups in 1 minute: 55
          Sit-ups in 1 minute: 47
          Chin-ups: 11
          1.5 Mile Run: 10:16 (minimum 14:13)

Male age group 30-39
          Push-ups in 1 minute: 50
          Sit-ups in 1 minute: 43
          Chin-ups: 10
          1.5 Mile Run: 10:47 (minimum 14:52)
          Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• Originally posted by w8ing2hear View Post
            Male age group 20-29
            Push-ups in 1 minute: 55
            Sit-ups in 1 minute: 47
            Chin-ups: 11
            1.5 Mile Run: 10:16 (minimum 14:13)

Male age group 30-39
            Push-ups in 1 minute: 50
            Sit-ups in 1 minute: 43
            Chin-ups: 10
            1.5 Mile Run: 10:47 (minimum 14:52)

Are those the mins or the max's for the 30-39 age group?

Comment

• Originally posted by Student_to_1811 View Post
              Hey guys, I been viewing this forum for some time now and figured that it was time that I contributed to it as well. My timeline for USSS SA is as follows:
              Applied: 6/09
              TEA: 7/09
              Initial Interview: 8/09
              Panel Interview: 8/09
              Poly: 10/09
              Medical: 11/09
              WOW! Consider yourself very lucky!

Comment

• Hey guys,
                What happens if you fail a polygraph? Do you get a letter specifically stating that you failed or do you get a letter stating that there were better qualified applicants?

Comment

• college degree question

Hey everyone, I am curently in the process for the UD, but I am about 3 semesters away from my 4 year college degree. Can you apply for the Agent position before you graduate with your degree? If so how early? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SPDSNIPER View Post
                    Hey everyone, I am curently in the process for the UD, but I am about 3 semesters away from my 4 year college degree. Can you apply for the Agent position before you graduate with your degree? If so how early? Thanks in advance!!
                    I applied to the SA position 6 months before finishing my master's degree and have moved through the process very quickly. However, I will receive my degree before any job offers were to come my way (if I am offered a position at all). If you are 3 semesters away from graduating, you may get put in a situation where you would get to the end of the application process and still be a full semester or more away from graduating, putting you in a difficult position. It makes sense though that your degree would have to be finished before they offer you a position, since it is required. I would check with your local FO and see what they would recommend.
                    FLETC Bound !

Comment

• true, thanks

Comment

• COE Question:

There seems to be a wide disparity of when/if you get a COE. Some people have gotten a COE following their initial interview, and some have gone through the panel and polygraph before ever getting one.

I have not gotten a COE, but I was given all the paperwork to fill out and mail in and told they would be in contact soon about my panel. Is this entirely up to the FO, or does HQ send out the COEs?
                        Big Brother is watching

Comment

• My understanding is that HQ is involved at every step and determines whether or not you go on to the next step. This means the COE would come from them, as would the BQA.
                          Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• The COE should come after the TEA/Initial. My TEA and initial were all on the same day. Then I got the COE.

Honestly, why does it even matter? Pass the steps, get an offer. The COE is worthless anyway. It's just a way to keep candidates calm while the long process draws out. The FOE is all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                              The COE should come after the TEA/Initial. My TEA and initial were all on the same day. Then I got the COE.

Honestly, why does it even matter? Pass the steps, get an offer. The COE is worthless anyway. It's just a way to keep candidates calm while the long process draws out. The FOE is all that matters.
                              Yes. And I like that calm feeling

I suppose I just like to know that I'm still in the running vice sitting here wondering. The gentleman that did my initial strongly indicated that I was going to get a panel interview, but I just like my warm and fuzzies.
                              Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Is it possible to get sent the SF 86 after the Initial, but still not get to go to the panel?

It's been over a week since I submitted my SF 86. I know that is still early, but it seems that people here have been getting word for the panel in a matter of days.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12268 users online. 491 members and 11777 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X