300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts/sci

On my initial interview, the agent told me that agents on the protective detail require SCI. So I am guessing that all USSS Special Agents get cleared TS/SCI, but they won't get read in to SCI until they are on protective detail.

From my understanding SCI doesn't just pertain to intelligence matters. It pertains to all information that could be harmful to the United States if it falls in the wrong hands, or ears for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by danthony View Post
      Got my panel interview tomorrow. Wish me luck!
      good luck buddy!
      USSS 1811 SA Process
      07/09 - Applied
      10/09 - Scheduled TEA
      11/09 - TEA Exam
      12/09 - Initial
      12/09 - COE
      03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
      Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
      01/10 - Applied

Comment

How long after you submitted your SF 86 to getting your panel interview? I just submitted mine today and was curious when I could expect to hear anything from them.

Thanks.

Comment

• I was told on the day I left the initial, to go home and fill out the SF86. I was called about 2 days later to set up my panel. I guess if I have a successful panel the next step is the poly? anyone?
          Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

• Poly comes next, correct.

The SF-86 really has no bearing. I was told to bring mine to the panel so they hadn't seen it prior.

Comment

Good Luck!!
              USSS

5/2009 - Applied
              7/2009 - TEA
              7/2009 - Initial Interview
              8/2009 - Conditional Offer and Submitted Forms
              10/2009 - Panel Interview
              12/22/2009 - Epic Failure

Comment

• Ts/sci

Not an authority on USSS here either, but my guess is that the SCI access is granted primarily since an agent on a presidential/ vice-presidential detail will likely come into contact with SCI material quite often simply given their constant proximity to the protectee.

Comment

• Forgive my ignorance but what's the difference between the security interview and the poly exam?

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                  The security interview is first then the panel...good luck...both same day.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmcvet View Post
                    Forgive my ignorance but what's the difference between the security interview and the poly exam?
                    Security interview is a review of your SF86 and perhaps more digging into your life via oral interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmcvet View Post
                      Forgive my ignorance but what's the difference between the security interview and the poly exam?
                      They use the PSI to dig around your past to see if you have any DQing issues prior to moving you on to the polygraph...where they validate it.
                      Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Hey guys, does anyone know the average starting age of Special Agents? Is it common for SAs to start in their early to mid-30s? Also, are there a fair amount of former UD in SA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash25 View Post
                          Hey guys, does anyone know the average starting age of Special Agents? Is it common for SAs to start in their early to mid-30s? Also, are there a fair amount of former UD in SA?
                          I was told there is a sort of unwritten policy that SA's are almost always at least 27 years old. It's a maturity thing, not necessarily job experience.

I don't know about what job areas they pull from. When I took my TEA, everyone else was either military or LEO. I was the only non-LEO and non-military. But I made it.

Comment

• Hiring Panel

Does anyone know when the hring panel will be meeting in November?

Comment

• Originally posted by JHert View Post
                              Does anyone know when the hring panel will be meeting in November?
                              Not sure, but I hope it's soon! My process was completed this week. I was told that the local guys are meeting next week to discuss the budget, so who knows how things will play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdub1811 View Post
                                Not sure, but I hope it's soon! My process was completed this week. I was told that the local guys are meeting next week to discuss the budget, so who knows how things will play out.
                                It sounds like we are at the same stage of the process. I had my drug test two weeks ago today. So now it is that time to sit around and wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7408 users online. 369 members and 7039 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X