Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
    I don't remember if we had different test numbers or not...seems like I remember being told they are looking for 34 correct answers, they said nothing about a curve.

    Any who, I passed, so I'm not going to question the system
    +1

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
      +1
      The lady at the FO sent me an email last week saying she processed my paperwork and that they would be call when they had an open day for a panel.

      I still don't have my COE though.
      Big Brother is watching

      Comment


      • You don't need the COE. It's not a big deal. Just follow their instructions and roll with it. The panel isn't a big deal. You will be fine.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
          You don't need the COE. It's not a big deal. Just follow their instructions and roll with it. The panel isn't a big deal. You will be fine.
          That is what I've heard. I suppose I just want that warm and fuzzy feeling inside
          Big Brother is watching

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
            The lady at the FO sent me an email last week saying she processed my paperwork and that they would be call when they had an open day for a panel.

            I still don't have my COE though.
            No biggie! Don't worry about it. When I got mine she seemed surprised that I had received it as early as I had. If you do receive a COE make sure to let her know ASAP. I do remember her saying she needed the COE to schedule the panel but that may have changed now. All in all it took about a month and a half from my initial to get the invite to the panel. One of the agents will call you to schedule your panel when they have two in the office that are assigned the task of doing it. They will most likely also bring in a 3rd to sit on the panel, but he/she will probably be from some other location or quite possibly a contracted former agent.

            Comment


            • Mine was 3 agents. The senior agent in charge, a mid-level/senior agent, and a fairly new agent.

              It was more like a conversation than anything else. It's hardly stressful so just roll with the process .

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cdog81 View Post
                TS/SCI
                Hi Cdog81 - How are you sure that it is TS/SCI and not just TS. I thought TS/SCI was only for intelligence community. As far as I know USSS is not a part of Intelligence Community. Did someone from HR or SS tell you?

                Thanks,

                Comment


                • It says on the vacancy it's TS/SCI. They wouldn't do lifestyle poly's for a TS SC. Hell, they likely wouldn't even do a counterintel. poly for a TS.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by usss_hope View Post
                    Hi Cdog81 - How are you sure that it is TS/SCI and not just TS. I thought TS/SCI was only for intelligence community. As far as I know USSS is not a part of Intelligence Community. Did someone from HR or SS tell you?

                    Thanks,
                    Woohoo! Something I know about! I have an active TS/SCI, and I am indeed an intelligence guy. The "SCI" in the "TS/SCI" (Sensitive Compartmented Information) is not a clearance, it is an eligibility for access. If you are eligible for SCI, then the organization you work for can allow you access to their SCI information. There are many different types of SCI, which I will not go into here on this forum.

                    I'm sure at some point in time, the USSS will need access to intelligence information that requires SCI access...so I'm sure that the eligibility is there. I'm not an authoritative source on the Secret Service, but it makes sense seeing as how federal law enforcement works with/through the IC on foreign issues.
                    Big Brother is watching

                    Comment


                    • Best part jarhead: They will redo the entire BI because the USSS (like every other agency) is overly anal and not streamlined. Therefore we waste millions per year redoing BI's that have already been done.... Good times.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                        Best part jarhead: They will redo the entire BI because the USSS (like every other agency) is overly anal and not streamlined. Therefore we waste millions per year redoing BI's that have already been done.... Good times.
                        It was explained to me as it being an issue of them having to do a suitability investigation anyway...so they just do the whole thing over again. But having an active and recently adjudicated TS/SCI will make certain boxes easier to check off and speed it up a little bit since a lot of the leg work has already been done.

                        Not that any of this speeds along the adjudication process from what I read on these boards for timelines
                        Big Brother is watching

                        Comment


                        • Thanks for the responses. I was wondering what is taking them so long. I had a FULL BI done for another job with CBP (very recent 2 months) and looks like they did all the stuff again like calling friends/neighbors etc. I had my poly on 8/25 and waiting on final result. Its not SA position though. Its IT Specialist.

                          Comment


                          • I have a TS now, and I was positive reading the vacancy that USSS Agents get a TS/SCI level clearance. I have to go to areas that are SCI all the time for background investigations, but its always funny when they have to yell unclear, stop what they are doing, and sound the alarms and flashing lights.
                            USSS

                            5/2009 - Applied
                            7/2009 - TEA
                            7/2009 - Initial Interview
                            8/2009 - Conditional Offer and Submitted Forms
                            10/2009 - Panel Interview
                            12/22/2009 - Epic Failure

                            Comment


                            • Got my panel interview tomorrow. Wish me luck!
                              Fear the darkness, for I am in it

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cdog81 View Post
                                I have a TS now, and I was positive reading the vacancy that USSS Agents get a TS/SCI level clearance. I have to go to areas that are SCI all the time for background investigations, but its always funny when they have to yell unclear, stop what they are doing, and sound the alarms and flashing lights.
                                Yep. Kind of gets annoying when you are in the middle of doing something and the PA starts the "uncleared in the SCIF" and the red lights start blinking and you have to lock your screen.

                                =
                                Big Brother is watching

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8665 users online. 414 members and 8251 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X