Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the panel was a joke. They have their 21 questions they ask, and with the exception of a few, they are pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers and hope for panel agents who are laid back. I've heard stories of super serious panels, but mine was more like a 4-way conversation.

On another note, I noticed there isn't a current USSS SA vacancy open. They done for a while or just in-between October/November vacancies?
    Last edited by 1811orBust; 10-30-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• They just closed an opening on the 28th, and I think they generally wait a week or so before opening the next one.

Comment

• I got my SF 86. However, everytime I save it to my computer to work at it again at a later time, the form won't let me write information. Does anybody have this same problem? Do I complete the SF 86 at one sitting (not very easy task)?

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmcvet View Post
          I got my SF 86. However, everytime I save it to my computer to work at it again at a later time, the form won't let me write information. Does anybody have this same problem? Do I complete the SF 86 at one sitting (not very easy task)?

If you were given the the SF-86 separately and for some reason it is corrupt and not saving, you can download a new fillable PDF version here: http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

If it is part of the new electronic packet containing everything (SF-86, SF-86A, medical forms, etc), then I would email your FO and see about getting another.

Make sure you are using Adobe Reader / Acrobat to fill it out as well - it doesn't seem to work right in Preview.app on Macs.

Comment

I got my SF 86. However, everytime I save it to my computer to work at it again at a later time, the form won't let me write information. Does anybody have this same problem? Do I complete the SF 86 at one sitting (not very easy task)?

Print the pages you finish
            God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
            3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
            Applied: 6/22/09
            Exam: 7/24/2009
            SI/WA: 3/2/2010
            The Call: October 26, 2010
            PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Sf 86

Originally posted by usmcvet View Post

What I did was fill out a few pages and then print them out. And then the next time I had a few minutes I would fill out a few more pages and print those pages out. It breaks it up so you don't have to do it all at one time.

Comment

• Thanks for the responses guys. So, I guess it is universal that unless you do it all in one sitting, or print filled out pages, you're pretty much screwed. Not a problem, though, I'll just keep saving everytime I finish a section. I don't have a printer at home. Like I said, not a problem.

Does anybody know what the reasoning is on why they made it so you cannot save and continue writing at a later time? I thought that would make sense, but maybe there is a reason for it, like a security related reason.

Thanks again for all your replies.

Originally posted by kdub1811 View Post
                What I did was fill out a few pages and then print them out. And then the next time I had a few minutes I would fill out a few more pages and print those pages out. It breaks it up so you don't have to do it all at one time.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. So, I guess it is universal that unless you do it all in one sitting, or print filled out pages, you're pretty much screwed. Not a problem, though, I'll just keep saving everytime I finish a section. I don't have a printer at home. Like I said, not a problem.

Does anybody know what the reasoning is on why they made it so you cannot save and continue writing at a later time? I thought that would make sense, but maybe there is a reason for it, like a security related reason.

Thanks again for all your replies.
                  You would be able to save your copies like you want if you are willing to shell out $300 for the full version of Adobe Acrobat

What I would do, is print out a hard copy (when you get a chance) and fill it in with pencil, then only do the final typed copy when you can sit down and bang it out in a single session. Keep your copy too...you'll need it to fill in the e-Qip form
                  Big Brother is watching

Comment

• SF-86, e-Qip??? What type level of clearance do you get for USSS SA?

Comment

• Originally posted by swotivated View Post
                      SF-86, e-Qip??? What type level of clearance do you get for USSS SA?
                      TS/SCI
                      USSS

5/2009 - Applied
                      7/2009 - TEA
                      7/2009 - Initial Interview
                      8/2009 - Conditional Offer and Submitted Forms
                      10/2009 - Panel Interview
                      12/22/2009 - Epic Failure

Comment

• I just realized the TEA invite email says to call for a test prebrief. My test is tomorrow the field office is not open so my call was fowared to DC. DC guy said just show up for the test because he doesn't know what prebriefing the email is referring to.

Is the prebreifing important? Test is at 8:30am and it says to call between 9-1pm. So I can't even call the morning of. I just think its weird HR is not picking up because I received my invite call on a Sunday.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
                        USSS 1811 SA Process
                        07/09 - Applied
                        10/09 - Scheduled TEA
                        11/09 - TEA Exam
                        12/09 - Initial
                        12/09 - COE
                        03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
                        Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
                        01/10 - Applied

Comment

• Never heard of a pre-brief. There is nothing for you to do other than to show up and take the test.
                          Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• Originally posted by w8ing2hear View Post
                            Never heard of a pre-brief. There is nothing for you to do other than to show up and take the test.
                            Me either. I didn't get a call either...I got an email invite. I'm not sure what there is to brief. Test is pretty straight forward. Study your math.
                            Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Tea

My invite instructed me to call and confirm that I was taking the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by ontheway View Post
                                My invite instructed me to call and confirm that I was taking the test.
                                +1
                                God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                                3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                                Applied: 6/22/09
                                Exam: 7/24/2009
                                SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                                The Call: October 26, 2010
                                PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6912 users online. 280 members and 6632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X