Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 out of 37 applicants are on this forum from one test, nifty. thanks good to go. Atliens study and get back into it, I had my app for a year before I finally tested, so I had lots of time to prepare(and then forget everything I studied for). GTG, I did get the cdrom, did they tell you when you could expect to hear anything? I wasnt feeling the love from mine, but he did say that he didnt see any problem with my background. I will be out of the richmond office, not sure if it makes a difference. As to the wait, I am of the belief that once youre done, there is no point to worrying, it cant change anything. I also felt good about the test. And tell me you werent psyched seeing the video shooting mp5's and high speed driving? Sweet! So if anyone got aa idea of the time we should here something I would like to know. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by df2338 View Post
      3 out of 37 applicants are on this forum from one test, nifty. thanks good to go. Atliens study and get back into it, I had my app for a year before I finally tested, so I had lots of time to prepare(and then forget everything I studied for). GTG, I did get the cdrom, did they tell you when you could expect to hear anything? I wasnt feeling the love from mine, but he did say that he didnt see any problem with my background. I will be out of the richmond office, not sure if it makes a difference. As to the wait, I am of the belief that once youre done, there is no point to worrying, it cant change anything. I also felt good about the test. And tell me you werent psyched seeing the video shooting mp5's and high speed driving? Sweet! So if anyone got aa idea of the time we should here something I would like to know. Thanks.
      DF,

The SA that interviewed me said to expect a call within two-three weeks. I'm not finished with all the paperwork yet so I'm not chomping at the bit...yet!

Richmond, huh? Keep me posted as to how that process goes for you.

Yeah, I have to say that the training video put a perma-grin on my face, I have been thinking about it for a week now. Can't wait!

Good luck to you...

Comment

• Hmm, I didnt get any timeline from my guy. Of course he didnt tell what was on the cd either I will have to call and see if I cant return this paperwork to Roanoke, if its simple as an agent witnessing it, would save me a 6 hour drive. Its killing me that I have an office 10 minutes from me but they cant do anything. Good luck to you and keep us updated. I am hearing from others that with the campaign, to expect 14 months to hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by df2338 View Post
          Hmm, I didnt get any timeline from my guy. Of course he didnt tell what was on the cd either I will have to call and see if I cant return this paperwork to Roanoke, if its simple as an agent witnessing it, would save me a 6 hour drive. Its killing me that I have an office 10 minutes from me but they cant do anything. Good luck to you and keep us updated. I am hearing from others that with the campaign, to expect 14 months to hire.
          DF,

I feel for you, Charlotte is only a two hour drive for me... Hopefully you can get a Panel there in Roanoke.

I will post when I hear from someone. Fourteen months is a long time, I am anxious now as it is; but I have to remember, it is a marathon...

Comment

• thanks for all the advice guys, greatly appreciated and sure did bring my stress level down a bit!

Comment

• Quick question, kind of anxious now that everyone is talking about Cd roms:

I had the TEA and Initial Interview (II) on the same day. I passed the TEA and recieved the score during the beginning of Feb. Should I also have gotten a CD Rom at the end of the II or did anyone have a different experience?
              Last edited by Tachibana; 02-22-2008, 08:21 PM.
              Standing by to stand by

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxx
                Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
                  Quick question, kind of anxious now that everyone is talking about Cd roms:

I had the TEA and Initial Interview (II) on the same day. I passed the TEA and recieved the score during the beginning of Feb. Should I also have gotten a CD Rom at the end of the II or did anyone have a different experience?
                  Have you been scheduled for a panel interview?

The CD Roms contain the forms that are needed for the panel interview to be conducted. However, a hard copy of the forms can also be sent to you instead of the CD-Rom, it mainly depends if the F.O. has CD-Roms to send out.
                  Last edited by jimdvs; 02-22-2008, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimdvs View Post
                    Have you been scheduled for a panel interview?
                    Not yet, the agent conducting the II stated that someone will contact me (at least thats what I hope he said), but nothing about a panel interview.

Thanks LawDog99 thats a relief.
                    Standing by to stand by

Comment

• Panel Interview this Thursday! Any tips? Can't wait.

Comment

• From what I'm told they ask you a bunch of scenario questions and gauge your response.

Not so much as right/wrong, but the ability to form a cohesive, structured opinion (and stick with it under questioning)

Comment

• Look each agent in the eye when speaking with them. Think about your answers BEFORE you give them. Make sure your suit and tie are pressed and looking sharp. USSS unlike any other agency I have dealt with prides itself on the professional appearance by it's agents and your evaluation starts the moment you walk in the door. Like it was said, they will ask you some situational questions and make sure you understand all of the scenario before you answer. Also helps to try to think a little in how an agent might react or answer in the questions. Also, I remember in mine they asked some personal questions like "tell us a little about yourself", "What are your strong points and weak points and why"....etc. Like ROS has stated several times, use the STAR method and have that in mind when asked a pertient question. If you have been through any type of job interview before, most of the questions will not deviate much from the norm. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
                          Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be known as the children of God."

Comment

• GTG. Its a 6 hour round trip for me, as D.C. would be also. Have you completed you sf-86, and are the other forms needed later? only going back 7 years doesnt seem so bad, I plan to put it all on there anyways. I looked at the star method also, I will have to think about it, since im not a great interviewer. I dont think that the things ive done are a major accomplishment, but others might on paper.

Comment

• Good luck Mcall and Df, anyone from NYC scheduled for a panel yet?
                              Standing by to stand by

Comment

• Thanks for the reply's!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11711 users online. 455 members and 11256 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X