Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cdog, you have just as much of a shot as any other applicant. The physical stuff will come with time. If you are good on pull-ups and sit-ups and your run is good then dont sweat the push-ups, they will come with time. Start working on them now. A good way to build them up is to determine what your max amount is. Then subtract a few from that. So say you have a max of 25, cut it down to 20 and do 5 sets of them. Do this every morning and in the evening and over time and each week add a little to it. Maybe in week 2 you can bump it up to say 22 per set and so on. Within about 6 weeks you will have doubled your max from when you started. I would suggest that everyone who is heading to the USSS focus on core exercises and on their running. They are real big on plyometrics and core focused training.

Comment

• Well, just got the call about the Polygraph next thursday...I know I am going to tell the truth, I have nothign to hide, but for some reason I am nervous, especially with the fact I am going to be there for 4-6 hours!!!! Any advice from anyone who has done this part will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• pt

So I guess it makes me pretty vulnerable posting this but I did a little test run for the 1.5 mile today on the track. I was disappointed with my time (14:15) but at least its a starting point. I'm going to do the 5k training to improve my time. The running is my only worry. I'm pretty solid with pushups/situps/pullups, but lugging a 6'2"/240 lbs body down the road is my downfall. But like you guys said, the only way to improve is to hit the pavement hard!

Comment

• poly

Originally posted by bulmer1 View Post
          Well, just got the call about the Polygraph next thursday...I know I am going to tell the truth, I have nothing to hide, but for some reason I am nervous, especially with the fact I am going to be there for 4-6 hours!!!! Any advice from anyone who has done this part will be greatly appreciated!
          Don't research it on the web because they will ask you about it. Be honest no matter what. The less you know the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by bulmer1 View Post
            Well, just got the call about the Polygraph next thursday...I know I am going to tell the truth, I have nothign to hide, but for some reason I am nervous, especially with the fact I am going to be there for 4-6 hours!!!! Any advice from anyone who has done this part will be greatly appreciated!
            Good luck! I have a buddy that did one for the NSA, and he went in and slumped down in the chair, really relaxed himself, though I'm not sure the paleographer liked that.
            USSS

5/2009 - Applied
            7/2009 - TEA
            7/2009 - Initial Interview
            8/2009 - Conditional Offer and Submitted Forms
            10/2009 - Panel Interview
            12/22/2009 - Epic Failure

Comment

• Today marks exactly 9 weeks since the panel and i have still heard nothing. I don't know if i passed/failed...i don't know anything about the poly...

I called one of the girls at the FO last week and she said she didn't know anything and just keep waiting. I know about the UN and all that stuff last month...but has anyone else had to wait this long after the panel?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHAMBA View Post
                Today marks exactly 9 weeks since the panel and i have still heard nothing. I don't know if i passed/failed...i don't know anything about the poly...

I called one of the girls at the FO last week and she said she didn't know anything and just keep waiting. I know about the UN and all that stuff last month...but has anyone else had to wait this long after the panel?
                CHAMBA,
                I have been waiting over 24 weeks. My panel was in April and I haven't heard anything since. I have been told the same thing from my FO - be patient and hang in there. Needless to say I am feeling both frustrated and annoyed at this point.

Comment

Last edited by brickster720; 04-12-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Wow. That really sucks. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• I need some advise - Learnatest website

Worth buying the practice tests?
                      USSS 1811 SA Process
                      07/09 - Applied
                      10/09 - Scheduled TEA
                      11/09 - TEA Exam
                      12/09 - Initial
                      12/09 - COE
                      03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
                      Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
                      01/10 - Applied

Comment

• Originally posted by williamske View Post
                        I need some advise - Learnatest website

Get the ARCO book.
                        Big Brother is watching

Comment

I need some advise - Learnatest website

Get the Arco Book. You can probably find it in your local library, I did. Good Luck.
                          USSS

5/2009 - Applied
                          7/2009 - TEA
                          7/2009 - Initial Interview
                          8/2009 - Conditional Offer and Submitted Forms
                          10/2009 - Panel Interview
                          12/22/2009 - Epic Failure

Comment

• I got the ARCO from my library. I have basically gone through it already and I am looking for more practice questions. My verbal reasoning section timing is off.
                            USSS 1811 SA Process
                            07/09 - Applied
                            10/09 - Scheduled TEA
                            11/09 - TEA Exam
                            12/09 - Initial
                            12/09 - COE
                            03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
                            Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
                            01/10 - Applied

Comment

I got the ARCO from my library. I have basically gone through it already and I am looking for more practice questions. My verbal reasoning section timing is off.
                              The ARCO book was harder than the TEA, IMO.
                              Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by MAD_DOG View Post
                                Don't research it on the web because they will ask you about it. Be honest no matter what. The less you know the better.
                                +1 on this. I just had mine yesterday!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9929 users online. 378 members and 9551 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X