Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The curve generally knocks people up I bet, as opposed to down. The USSS requires a 70. Say the ATF requires a curved 70. That means if the highest score is a 90, the cutoff will come down to a 60, so I bet that's how it pans out generally.

Comment

• Just got scheduled for my poly and I'm happy to know I'm still in the running!!! I was told not to do any research on the polygraph so I'm not even going to ask anyone for advice on this stage of the process. I'm going to get a hotel room, a good nights sleep, and a big breakfast.

Best of luck to all you guys and gals still in the process, we'll be in Georgia before you know it!

Comment

• Have my initial interview scheduled for Wednesday... any advice? I've read through most of the last several pages, but if there's anything anyone can think of that hasn't been said, I'm all ears! I was surprised they said I'd be there for 2 hours - is that the same for everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Emerson1811 View Post
          Have my initial interview scheduled for Wednesday... any advice? I've read through most of the last several pages, but if there's anything anyone can think of that hasn't been said, I'm all ears! I was surprised they said I'd be there for 2 hours - is that the same for everyone?
          Actually the initial interview is very informal. Really the only purpose of it is so that they can familiarize you with the rest of the application process and answer any questions u might have. The only thing you're really being judged on at this point is your physical appearance. So if you are fat or just show up looking like a slob, in general, it could obviously hurt you. Otherwise you have nothing to be worried about. Its more of an orientation than anything.

Comment

• S/A Applicant Status Update 10/24/2009

This week’s movement:
            Steven147 got The Call!
            BLaw81 passed the Panel.
            AgentHopeful03 has Panel scheduled.
            w8ing2hear has Initial scheduled.
            Indy44 has Poly scheduled.
            Emerson1811 has Initial scheduled.

AT FLETC/JJRTC
            FPO in Philly: Applied 09/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 01/08, PANEL 01/08, POLY 02/08, MED 02/08, BI 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
            hawkeye81: Applied 12/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 03/08, PANEL 04/08, POLY 08/08, BI 09/08, MED 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
            Wilson: Applied 08/08, INITIAL 09/08, TEA 10/08, PANEL 12/08, POLY 02/09, MED 04/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screen 04/09, THE CALL 06/09 (Aug 09)
            Good_to_Go!: Applied 12/07, TEA 02/08, INITIAL 02/08, PANEL 03/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 07/09, Drug Screen 07/09, THE CALL 07/09 (Sep 09)
            18Dto1811: Applied 11/08, TEA 01/09, INITIAL 02/09, PANEL 02/09, POLY 03/09, MED 04/09, BI 05/09, Drug Screen 06/09, THE CALL 08/09 (Sep 09)
            MR_BOND: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 12/08, TEA 01/09, PANEL 02/09, MED 02/09, POLY 03/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screening 05/09, THE CALL 08/09 (Sep 09)
            CJSSA2B: Applied 08/07, TEA 10/07, INITIAL 11/07, PANEL 01/08, POLY 04/08, MED 04/08, BI 05/08, HI 05/08, THE CALL 09/09 (Oct 09)

RECEIVED “THE CALL!” FLETC BOUND
            1811BigFella: Applied 10/08, INITIAL 02/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 06/09, HI 06/09, Drug Screen 06/09, THE CALL 09/09
            Steven147 Applied 08/08, INITIAL 10/08, TEA 11/08, PANEL 03/09, POLY 05/09, MED 08/09, BI 09/09, HI 09/09, Drug Screen 08/00, THE CALL 10/09 (Nov 09 FLETC)

APPLICATION COMPLETE - WAITING ON “THE CALL”

toda81: Applied: 08/08, INITIAL 01/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 05/09, POLY 07/09, MED 08/09, BI 09/09. HI 09/09

POLYGRAPH/MEDICAL/BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
            calavera: INITIAL 11/08, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 06/09, MED 09/09, BI 09/09
            Bham SA Hopeful: Applied 11/08, TEA 05/09, INITIAL 05/09, PANEL 07/09, POLY 10/09
            MAD_DOG: Applied 02/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 05/09, POLY 09/09, MED 10/09

COMPLETED PANEL INTERVIEW
            Kappa Cop: Applied 01/09, INITIAL 01/09, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09
            BLaw81: TEA 2006, Applied 02/09, INITIAL 03/09, PANEL 03/09 (now 10/09)
            brickster720: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 06/09, PANEL 08/09
            bulmer1: Applied 07/09, TEA 07/09, INITIAL 08/09, PANEL 09/09
            legalchic: Applied 06/09, TEA 08/09, INITIAL 08/09, PANEL 09/09
            LP5: Applied: 09/08, TEA 01/09, INITIAL 03/09, PANEL 04/09
            Indy44: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 07/09, PANEL 08/09, Poly scheduled 11/09

COMPLETED INITIAL INTERVIEW
            AgentHopeful03: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 07/08, TEA 05/09, Panel scheduled 11/09
            ViIIager: Applied 05/09, TEA 08/09, INITIAL 09/09
            G46: Applied 07/09, TEA 09/09, INITIAL 10/09
            Stokes_N: Applied 07/09, TEA 08/09, INITIAL 09/09

COMPLETED TEA EXAM
            Future1811: Applied 03/09, TEA 09/09
            joe58: Applied 07/09, TEA 08/09
            Emerson1811: Applied 07/09, TEA 09/09, Initial scheduled 10/09
            w8ing2hear: Applied 08/09, TEA 10/09, Initial scheduled 11/09

APPLIED
            Shadowdrop: Applied 05/09
            siggyfreud: Applied 10/10
            williamske: Applied 07/09, TEA scheduled 11/09

If you would like to be added to the list, PM me with your full timeline to date. If your timeline needs to be updated PM me with your updates.

*= New to the list.
            (Date) = Class Date
            Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• Emerson, the best advice I can give you (I'm finished with the process and fletc bound) is to be completely honest, being humble and not thinking you are gods gift to the federal government will help you out. Do not try to prepare yourself for the polygraph, (aside from a good nights sleep) don't read or look for any information. Just go and be honest. Wear a suit when you deal with people in the f.o. And keep working on getting in the best shape possible. Just be patient, as the process is very long and sometimes slow. And further, be careful what you listen to on message boards. If you are going to take advice or experiences seriously, be sure to know who you are taking it from. THere are lots of people who think they know the process in and out, the requirements in and out, yet have not even been through the process themselves.

Comment

• Wondering if i'm still being looked at or just waiting for the thin letter. Had the poly a little over two months ago and still have not heard a thing from anyone. The poly seemed to go as good as a poly could go i guess, just wondering if anyone has waited this long after the poly to hear back.

Comment

• In my last office I was involved in a buy/bust or search warrant at least once a week. Here in NC it's not that fast paced, but we average about 2 to 3 a month. I could be invovled in a lot more if I was willing to coordinate a TF again. We only use our SRT for large scale takedowns that a local ATF office can't handle for manpower reasons. I know DEA does their fair share of buy/bust and search warrants too. The USSS could do a lot more tactical operations but they just don't have the time or committment from upper mgmt due to the protection mission.

Originally posted by shortcop View Post
                  But really, how many jobs, Federal or otherwise, allow you to do that? Most agencies use tact teams for entries, so unless you are on a tact team, I just don't see it happening that often.

Comment

Last edited by w8ing2hear; 10-24-2009, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for all the great advice everyone! Hopefully I don't look like a slob in my suit! Are there any "exercises" during the initial? Like a writing sample or anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Emerson1811 View Post
                        Thanks for all the great advice everyone! Hopefully I don't look like a slob in my suit! Are there any "exercises" during the initial? Like a writing sample or anything?
                        I didn't have any exercises in the initial. It is purely informational and the supervisor who conducts the interview will do most of the talking. You will watch a few brief videos, then they will cut you loose. Just go with a fair knowledge of the roles of the usss and a few good questions and I'm sure you will do fine there. Your writing will be evaluated by the ksa's, and you will do a writing exercise when you do your panel interview. (or sometime thereabout)

Comment

• FLETC Question

So a few of us are going to be headed to FLETC shortly...can anyone gives us an idea of what the days are like? Is there a set schedule or does it change day-to-day? How long are the days? What is the physical training like? I'm close to the max points for the physical test now, but will we be running 5 miles a day with 500 push-ups and sit-ups and all that? How much Advil should I bring

I'm mostly worried about PT. When I run now, at about 2 miles my left knee starts to hurt. So if we're running a lot more than that, it might mean trouble for me.

Comment

• I'd like to know the answer to that as well... what's a typical day/week at FLETC CITP like? And at RTC?

Particularly the PT, but also how the PT fits into the overall schedule of the day/week. Is it every day? Is it more than once per day? How intensive is it? Obviously don't describe details if that's classified, but what are we going to face in general.

I just did a self-test this morning of sit/push/pull-ups and plan to run this afternoon. I can hit the push/sit/pull-up test numbers just fine and should hit Fair or Good on the run, but my body is not at all used to being pushed hard every day with intense aerobic workouts and would likely break down in that sort of environment.

No matter how strongly I might want to be an agent (very much so), it would not be wise to quit a current career/job and go off to FLETC and RTC training only to wash out from injury because the PT was excessive. No matter how well I interview, no matter how clean my background, or how adept at learning new things and studying and passing the fitness tests and learning the protection skills - for someone who's in good health and can get 12-14 points if tested today, but isn't built for repeated extended endurance/aerobic exercise, can they wash you out for not keeping up during PT even though you can test just fine?

The more we can know in advance as to what to expect, especially physically, would be very much appreciated, not only for preparing oneself but also for deciding whether or not this is a realistic endeavor and career change. I know the job itself is what I would like to do; my concern is getting through the training.

Comment

• Originally posted by w8ing2hear View Post
                              I'd like to know the answer to that as well... what's a typical day/week at FLETC CITP like? And at RTC?

Particularly the PT, but also how the PT fits into the overall schedule of the day/week. Is it every day? Is it more than once per day? How intensive is it? Obviously don't describe details if that's classified, but what are we going to face in general.

I just did a self-test this morning of sit/push/pull-ups and plan to run this afternoon. I can hit the push/sit/pull-up test numbers just fine and should hit Fair or Good on the run, but my body is not at all used to being pushed hard every day with intense aerobic workouts and would likely break down in that sort of environment.

No matter how strongly I might want to be an agent (very much so), it would not be wise to quit a current career/job and go off to FLETC and RTC training only to wash out from injury because the PT was excessive. No matter how well I interview, no matter how clean my background, or how adept at learning new things and studying and passing the fitness tests and learning the protection skills - for someone who's in good health and can get 12-14 points if tested today, but isn't built for repeated extended endurance/aerobic exercise, can they wash you out for not keeping up during PT even though you can test just fine?

The more we can know in advance as to what to expect, especially physically, would be very much appreciated, not only for preparing oneself but also for deciding whether or not this is a realistic endeavor and career change. I know the job itself is what I would like to do; my concern is getting through the training.
                              One thing I learned in the military is that your body can take it, its your mind you have to worry about. Once you get into your mind that you cant do it and its too painful, thats when your body begin to shut down. I know im no where in shape, well atleast to the shape I was in the military. One thing I do know and learned in the military is that you can run any distance if your mind keep the attitude that you can do this. When I run now, lol I stop about every 5 mins and walk because I let my mind tell me im tired. The only reason I let my mind shut down my body now is because im running just to be running, and I know once I need to run, I will, and can run. All I can tell you is, try it today, go running, and just keep the attitude in your head that you can do this, and watch the difference. Also another good practice I learned was to breath every 5 steps, and keep your head up while running to circulate clean oxygen
                              God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                              3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                              Applied: 6/22/09
                              Exam: 7/24/2009
                              SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                              The Call: October 26, 2010
                              PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• +1

Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                                One thing I learned in the military is that your body can take it, its your mind you have to worry about. Once you get into your mind that you cant do it and its too painful, thats when your body begin to shut down. I know im no where in shape, well atleast to the shape I was in the military. One thing I do know and learned in the military is that you can run any distance if your mind keep the attitude that you can do this. When I run now, lol I stop about every 5 mins and walk because I let my mind tell me im tired. The only reason I let my mind shut down my body now is because im running just to be running, and I know once I need to run, I will, and can run. All I can tell you is, try it today, go running, and just keep the attitude in your head that you can do this, and watch the difference. Also another good practice I learned was to breath every 5 steps, and keep your head up while running to circulate clean oxygen

Good advice! I'm the same way. I hate to even run 2 miles. I ran up to 5 miles at a time when I was in my academy for local LEO, and now I hit the 15 minute mark and I feel like I'm completely beat. You just have to stick with it and fight thru the walls. Just know its not going to change over night. You'll be surprised what your body will do when the pressure's on!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9722 users online. 363 members and 9359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X