Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kryszewl View Post
    I checked both websites and they are out of stock and the people that have it used are asking $150..they can get bent with that price..Is the learning express test book any good???
    I can mail you mine if you really want it. It's full of my scribbling throughout the practice tests, but if you think you want it regardless, PM me your address.
    Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

    Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

    Comment


    • Just got the call to be scheduled for the panel in November. Woo Hoo!!
      USSS SA:
      2/08 Applied
      7/08 Initial Interview
      5/09 TEA Exam
      11/09 Panel
      6/10 BQA Letter
      07/10 Reapplied

      USSS UD:
      11/10 Applied
      01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

      FBI:
      1/08 Applied
      1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
      1/09 Resubmitted Application
      2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
      5/09 Phase II - Passed
      5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
      9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
      10/09 BQA Letter

      USCP:
      05/10 Applied
      06/10 Received COE Letter
      10/10 POST Test - Passed

      Comment


      • Article that came out today:
        http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts950

        Comment


        • S/A Applicant Status Update 10/24/2009

          This week’s movement:
          Steven147 got The Call!
          BLaw81 passed the Panel.
          AgentHopeful03 has Panel scheduled.
          w8ing2hear has Initial scheduled.
          Indy44 has Poly scheduled.
          Emerson1811 has Initial scheduled.

          AT FLETC/JJRTC
          FPO in Philly: Applied 09/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 01/08, PANEL 01/08, POLY 02/08, MED 02/08, BI 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
          hawkeye81: Applied 12/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 03/08, PANEL 04/08, POLY 08/08, BI 09/08, MED 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
          Wilson: Applied 08/08, INITIAL 09/08, TEA 10/08, PANEL 12/08, POLY 02/09, MED 04/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screen 04/09, THE CALL 06/09 (Aug 09)
          Good_to_Go!: Applied 12/07, TEA 02/08, INITIAL 02/08, PANEL 03/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 07/09, Drug Screen 07/09, THE CALL 07/09 (Sep 09)
          18Dto1811: Applied 11/08, TEA 01/09, INITIAL 02/09, PANEL 02/09, POLY 03/09, MED 04/09, BI 05/09, Drug Screen 06/09, THE CALL 08/09 (Sep 09)
          MR_BOND: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 12/08, TEA 01/09, PANEL 02/09, MED 02/09, POLY 03/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screening 05/09, THE CALL 08/09 (Sep 09)
          CJSSA2B: Applied 08/07, TEA 10/07, INITIAL 11/07, PANEL 01/08, POLY 04/08, MED 04/08, BI 05/08, HI 05/08, THE CALL 09/09 (Oct 09)

          RECEIVED “THE CALL!” FLETC BOUND
          1811BigFella: Applied 10/08, INITIAL 02/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 06/09, HI 06/09, Drug Screen 06/09, THE CALL 09/09
          Steven147 Applied 08/08, INITIAL 10/08, TEA 11/08, PANEL 03/09, POLY 05/09, MED 08/09, BI 09/09, HI 09/09, Drug Screen 08/00, THE CALL 10/09 (Nov 09 FLETC)

          APPLICATION COMPLETE - WAITING ON “THE CALL”

          toda81: Applied: 08/08, INITIAL 01/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 05/09, POLY 07/09, MED 08/09, BI 09/09. HI 09/09

          POLYGRAPH/MEDICAL/BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
          calavera: INITIAL 11/08, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 06/09, MED 09/09, BI 09/09
          Bham SA Hopeful: Applied 11/08, TEA 05/09, INITIAL 05/09, PANEL 07/09, POLY 10/09
          MAD_DOG: Applied 02/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 05/09, POLY 09/09, MED 10/09

          COMPLETED PANEL INTERVIEW
          Kappa Cop: Applied 01/09, INITIAL 01/09, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09
          BLaw81: TEA 2006, Applied 02/09, INITIAL 03/09, PANEL 03/09 (now 10/09)
          brickster720: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 06/09, PANEL 08/09
          bulmer1: Applied 07/09, TEA 07/09, INITIAL 08/09, PANEL 09/09
          legalchic: Applied 06/09, TEA 08/09, INITIAL 08/09, PANEL 09/09
          LP5: Applied: 09/08, TEA 01/09, INITIAL 03/09, PANEL 04/09
          Indy44: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 07/09, PANEL 08/09, Poly scheduled 11/09

          COMPLETED INITIAL INTERVIEW
          AgentHopeful03: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 07/08, TEA 05/09, Panel scheduled 11/09
          ViIIager: Applied 05/09, TEA 08/09, INITIAL 09/09
          G46: Applied 07/09, TEA 09/09, INITIAL 10/09
          Stokes_N: Applied 07/09, TEA 08/09, INITIAL 09/09

          COMPLETED TEA EXAM
          Future1811: Applied 03/09, TEA 09/09
          joe58: Applied 07/09, TEA 08/09
          Emerson1811: Applied 07/09, TEA 09/09, Initial scheduled 10/09
          w8ing2hear: Applied 08/09, TEA 10/09, Initial scheduled 11/09

          APPLIED
          Shadowdrop: Applied 05/09
          siggyfreud: Applied 10/10
          williamske: Applied 07/09, TEA scheduled 11/09

          If you would like to be added to the list, PM me with your full timeline to date. If your timeline needs to be updated PM me with your updates.

          *= New to the list.
          (Date) = Class Date
          Last edited by w8ing2hear; 10-23-2009, 07:44 PM.
          Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

          Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

          Comment


          • Originally posted by legalchic View Post
            Article that came out today:
            http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts950
            Hmmm...an interesting article. I'm not quite sure how or if to read into it. Anyone with thoughts?

            Comment


            • post deleted
              Last edited by soflafed; 10-31-2011, 03:22 AM. Reason: delete

              Comment


              • Originally posted by soflafed View Post
                The training at FLETC is a joke. It's not Navy Seal BUDS training. You should show up in shape, however, so you don't look like a soup sandwich. Studying for the tests will almost do you no good because the retards they have making up the questions, try to make riddles out of the relatively straight forward topics. But study anyway, most of the academics are pretty good. A former USSS agent teaches 4th amendment and he's good. I found the tactical training to be ridiculous at times with tactics like clearing a stairwell by walking up the stairs backward while your partner follows you, holding on to your belt. I'm no swat geek, but, have never heard of anything like this and though it dangerous and inpractical in real applications.
                And then there's RTC where you'll learn party planning from the best. The PT does step up, but it's not bad.
                I think two things could color your perception of the training's difficulty:

                One - how long ago you went through it, as they have supposedly stepped it up a lot in 2009 compared to 2006-2008.
                Two - what you are used to as far as a daily workout/PT routine and thus what you would or wouldn't find challenging or difficult. Someone coming into this after being in the military is likely not going to find it as challenging as someone who is either a civilian who just stays in shape for health's sake, or a local LEO that perhaps only needs to meet lesser PT requirements.

                I would like to hear your reply. Thanks.
                Last edited by w8ing2hear; 10-22-2009, 08:18 AM.
                Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

                Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

                Comment


                • Originally posted by soflafed View Post
                  I found the tactical training to be ridiculous at times with tactics like clearing a stairwell by walking up the stairs backward while your partner follows you, holding on to your belt. I'm no swat geek, but, have never heard of anything like this and though it dangerous and inpractical in real applications.
                  And then there's RTC where you'll learn party planning from the best. The PT does step up, but it's not bad.
                  The advantage to clearing a stairwell walking backwards (really, more sideways than backwards is how we did it) is that you don't have an overhead blind spot for someone to shoot down on you. I can tell you from experience when I was clearing buildings in Fallujah...you never, ever, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER want to not have the top of the stairs covered with a weapon. You could probably get away with it if you were going in 12 deep and had guys on the ground covering it, but we usually didn't go into houses rolling more than 4 deep because they had a tendency to go BOOM with booby traps...and 4 dead Marines > 12 dead Marines.

                  It is what it is. Go up a stairwell in a hostile environment with the top of your head exposed and blind at your own peril.
                  Big Brother is watching

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
                    The advantage to clearing a stairwell walking backwards (really, more sideways than backwards is how we did it) is that you don't have an overhead blind spot for someone to shoot down on you. I can tell you from experience when I was clearing buildings in Fallujah...you never, ever, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER want to not have the top of the stairs covered with a weapon. You could probably get away with it if you were going in 12 deep and had guys on the ground covering it, but we usually didn't go into houses rolling more than 4 deep because they had a tendency to go BOOM with booby traps...and 4 dead Marines > 12 dead Marines.

                    It is what it is. Go up a stairwell in a hostile environment with the top of your head exposed and blind at your own peril.
                    Very true, without getting into "house clearing" details, the only way to clear overhead "opened" top stairwells with landings. Also speaking from a great deal of experience, both in training and real world!

                    Comment


                    • For anyone else who might be wondering, Secret Service HR told me that USAJOBS doesn't usually reflect the proper status of the additional documents. If you have any doubts, call the number listed on the job vacancy. The first time I called I was put on hold for 25 mins and eventually had to go. The second time the guy was quick and helpful.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gtsosniper View Post
                        Very true, without getting into "house clearing" details, the only way to clear overhead "opened" top stairwells with landings. Also speaking from a great deal of experience, both in training and real world!
                        My favorite house clearings were the ones where you took immediate fire upon approach...back out, and put an M1A2 maingun round or three through the house.

                        The least favorite being the houses with crawl spaces, and the turds shooting through the floor as you walked over.

                        And when all is said and done...training is nice and all, but even the most well layed out plan turns to crap when you start taking fire.

                        I kind of hope that if I get hired by the USSS, training is as close as I get to clearing another building.
                        Last edited by Jarhead_FBI_SA; 10-22-2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: oops
                        Big Brother is watching

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
                          My favorite house clearings were the ones where you took immediate fire upon approach...back out, and put an M1A2 maingun round or three through the house.

                          The least favorite being the houses with crawl spaces, and the turds shooting through the floor as you walked over.

                          And when all is said and done...training is nice and all, but even the most well layed out plan turns to crap when you start taking fire.

                          I kind of hope that if I get hired by the USSS, training is as far as close as I get to clearing another building.
                          Considering the Service isn't exactly kicking doors in Fallujah, you should be good to go. Although they probably don't get Abrams support when they do kick doors.

                          Thanks for your service in the Marines, btw.
                          Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

                          Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by w8ing2hear View Post
                            I think two things could color your perception of the training's difficulty:

                            One - how long ago you went through it, as they have supposedly stepped it up a lot in 2009 compared to 2006-2008.
                            Two - what you are used to as far as a daily workout/PT routine and thus what you would or wouldn't find challenging or difficult. Someone coming into this after being in the military is likely not going to find it as challenging as someone who is either a civilian who just stays in shape for health's sake, or a local LEO that perhaps only needs to meet lesser PT requirements.

                            I would like to hear your reply. Thanks.
                            Well I can say this. I am about 5'6", 145 lbs soaking wet. In decent shape- could probably bang out 50 pushups right now if I had to and run the 1.5 mile in less than 11 minutes. Without knowing either of those two things, the SA who did my initial told me that, from looking at me, he didn't think I'd have any trouble at all with FLETC and that, while Rowley was harder, I should be able to handle that as well. I still expect it to be challenging, but I'm pretty confident that I can keep up.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by shortcop View Post
                              Well I can say this. I am about 5'6", 145 lbs soaking wet. In decent shape- could probably bang out 50 pushups right now if I had to and run the 1.5 mile in less than 11 minutes. Without knowing either of those two things, the SA who did my initial told me that, from looking at me, he didn't think I'd have any trouble at all with FLETC and that, while Rowley was harder, I should be able to handle that as well. I still expect it to be challenging, but I'm pretty confident that I can keep up.
                              I'm 6'4 220, with no shoes, socks, underwear, and holding no air in my lungs.

                              I despise running so much that I run the 1.5 in ~9:30 just to get it over with, and be thankful that I am no longer in the Marines where the 1.5 mile mark is just the turnaround point!

                              Some people like to run...I'm not one of them. I run out of necessity because I like to eat...a lot.

                              My biggest fear throughout any and all of my military training was getting hurt. I read in the SA announcement that failure to pass USSS training on the first try is grounds for dismissal. I don't know how true that is, and if it accounts for injuries...but that would be my biggest issue with possibly not making it through training.
                              Big Brother is watching

                              Comment


                              • In regard to the TEA...

                                Exactly how long are your scores good for? Is there even a set time period?

                                The reason I ask is, I applied to the USSS last September and took the TEA in February 2009. I passed the test and was advised that the next step was the Security Interview. However, due to a family emergency, I withdrew my application prior to the security interview. I later received a notice in June (dated June 15th, 2009) advising me that I had passed the TEA exam with a score of 88. I have since reapplied to the current vacancy, which states that the next TEA exam will be administered in early December.

                                So will my scores still be considered valid? I'm obviously willing to take it again if I have to, it will just be a minor annoyance. I've heard through the grape vine that the TEA exam scores are only good for 6 months. That seems kind of silly to me as I seriously doubt the exam has changed much since I last took it.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7419 users online. 219 members and 7200 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X