300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kid_dynamite View Post
    First time posting... great site with lots of solid information. I'm scheduled to take the TEA on 17 NOV. My question is related to the math. I've read on here that the math section is most comparable to the GRE/GMAT type math questions. I have been studying the ARCO, Treasury Enforcement Agent (11th edition) study guide. It seems like all the example math questions in here are: ratio, percentage, tax related, fractions, etc. I don't see much variation or questions about: sqaure root, radius, area, etc. I have less than 1 month to study and I just don't want to waste any time studying math questions that won't be on the TEA exam. I would greatly appreciate any advice from those who have taken the exam. Thanks.
    If you use math of any sort during your regular life, you shouldn't have a problem. Just brush up on simple fractions and percentage calculations. I would say that it is much easier than the GRE/GMAT. So if you've taken those two, you should have zero problem.

Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by kid_dynamite View Post
      First time posting... great site with lots of solid information. I'm scheduled to take the TEA on 17 NOV. My question is related to the math. I've read on here that the math section is most comparable to the GRE/GMAT type math questions. I have been studying the ARCO, Treasury Enforcement Agent (11th edition) study guide. It seems like all the example math questions in here are: ratio, percentage, tax related, fractions, etc. I don't see much variation or questions about: sqaure root, radius, area, etc. I have less than 1 month to study and I just don't want to waste any time studying math questions that won't be on the TEA exam. I would greatly appreciate any advice from those who have taken the exam. Thanks.
      Studying the ARCO book in its entirety will prepare you well for the exam. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by w8ing2hear View Post
        The ARCO is pretty much spot-on for the types of math questions on the exam. Read back through this thread for more info and opinions. Good luck!
        I appreciate the replies. I've actually spent quite a bit of time reading through this thread... which is what lead me to my post. There have been quite a few previous replies saying that the math was much harder/different than what is found in the ARCO book. After reading these more recent responses, though, I will use ARCO as my primary study means. Thanks.

Comment

• vision requirements

If you have 20/200 uncorrected vision, Is LASIK surgery the only way to correct your vision to pass the vision requirement? I read somewhere that if you're able to successfully wear contact lenses for 1 year and still maintain 20/20 corrected, then you'll pass the vision test. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Comment

• Possess visual acuity no worse than 20/60 uncorrected, correctable to 20/20 in each eye
            Note: Lasik, ALK, RK and PRK are acceptable corrective eye surgeries for special agent applicants. Applicants will be considered eligible for the special agent position provided specific visual tests are passed three months after Lasik surgery and one year after all other surgeries.

Pretty self-explanatory. 20/60 uncorrected at worst.

Comment

• ?

Can anyone advise if new hires get LEAP and/or cola at FLETC and Beltsville?

Comment

• I need some help....who does not right!!!! I am scheduled to take the Treasury agent exam on 4 NOV in nashville, Tn. I am trying to get ahold of the Arco study guide. The stores are sold out because Arco is releasing a new version of it the end of November. Does anyone have one to sell me or be a sport and just mail me one..I will pay for the shipping up front. I would really appreciate it.

USSS
                Applied 10/15/09
                TAE: Scheduled 11/04/09
                Last edited by kryszewl; 10-20-2009, 11:03 AM. Reason: Mispelled words
                "Take A Knee, Face Out, and Drink Water"

Comment

• Originally posted by kdub1811 View Post
                  Thats a good question. I start next month and would like to know the answer as well. I've searched here as well as other forums and found different answers.

Comment

• No LEAP at FLETC, not sure about Beltsville.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdub1811 View Post
                      I know that you DO receive locality pay during training in Glynco and DC, but I'm pretty sure you do not receive LEAP. Kind of evens out though because you aren't paying for living expenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by kryszewl View Post
                        I need some help....who does not right!!!! I am scheduled to take the Treasury agent exam on 4 NOV in nashville, Tn. I am trying to get ahold of the Arco study guide. The stores are sold out because Arco is releasing a new version of it the end of November. Does anyone have one to sell me or be a sport and just mail me one..I will pay for the shipping up front. I would really appreciate it.

USSS
                        Applied 10/15/09
                        Check amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com. i've had really good luck with barnes and noble. you can usually get new and used books from them and they are usually in really good condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by kryszewl View Post
                          I need some help....who does not right!!!! I am scheduled to take the Treasury agent exam on 4 NOV in nashville, Tn. I am trying to get ahold of the Arco study guide. The stores are sold out because Arco is releasing a new version of it the end of November. Does anyone have one to sell me or be a sport and just mail me one..I will pay for the shipping up front. I would really appreciate it.

USSS
                          Applied 10/15/09
                          I agree with the other poster. Try Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble. Really, the hardest part was the math to me when I passed the TEA back in August. It's a pretty hard test, but very doable if you brush up on your math skills.

I've mailed in all my forms, and I'm now awaiting a panel date.

Good luck.
                          Big Brother is watching

Comment

• The SA I spoke with mentioned that trainees in the academy now DO get LEAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortcop View Post
                              I know that you DO receive locality pay during training in Glynco and DC, but I'm pretty sure you do not receive LEAP. Kind of evens out though because you aren't paying for living expenses.
                              You mean aside from still paying for your apartment lease or home mortgage back home...
                              Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• Just got the word I passed the TEA. Now i can quit crying myself to sleep at night!!!!!!! Now let the selling begin
                                God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                                3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                                Applied: 6/22/09
                                Exam: 7/24/2009
                                SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                                The Call: October 26, 2010
                                PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10168 users online. 330 members and 9838 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X