300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PeeOwed View Post
    Does he get plenty of OT pay or plenty of OT hours to work? I think I read a rationale somewhere as to why it's the case, but it went into labor law principles well over my head so I don't fully have my head wrapped around why 1811s w/ LEAP get OT pay. I thought LEAP in principle pretty much subjected you to "duty calls" demands much in the way an "on call" doctor is.
    He said he gets plenty of OT pay when he's out doing protection stuff. That said, what his definition of plenty is, I don't know.

Comment

• Initial interview went pretty well (I think). Signed my waivers for the drug test and polygraph and have to update some stuff since its been a year since applying. AIC was super nice guy and said he would be in touch so who knows!!
      Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

• Just got the email that I passed the TEA and they will contact me for next step. Perfect way to begin the weekend.
        Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• Originally posted by w8ing2hear View Post
          Just got the email that I passed the TEA and they will contact me for next step. Perfect way to begin the weekend.
          Congrats!

Comment

Just got the email that I passed the TEA and they will contact me for next step. Perfect way to begin the weekend.
            Congrats, and when did you take the TEA
            God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
            3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
            Applied: 6/22/09
            Exam: 7/24/2009
            SI/WA: 3/2/2010
            The Call: October 26, 2010
            PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Thanks! Took the test the same day you did.

Comment

Thanks! Took the test the same day you did.
                Well thats not good, considering I havent gotten a email yet, I probably failed the TEA. I knew I should had taken that day off instead of going to work at 4am then taking the TEA. She did tell me it will be about 2 weeks, and I took it 10/7
                God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                Applied: 6/22/09
                Exam: 7/24/2009
                SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                The Call: October 26, 2010
                PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I was told two weeks as well. The proximity of my FO to HQ might explain the faster turn-around time. Keep your chin up and if you don't hear by next Wednesday, give your FO contact a call. I don't see any reason one result (pass or fail) would get to you faster than the other. I'd wager that whenever they have the results, whatever they may be, they will be communicated simultaneously.

Comment

• For what it's worth, I never received any kind of written notice that I passed. I just called the office one day and she told me I passed. Nothing in the mail, no email....nada. Southeast FO.

Comment

• Received the call this morning to schedule my polygraph. October 27th it is.

Comment

• I received my TEA results in two days. I was very surprised. I took the test last Thursday and received an email saying that I passed on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHAMBA View Post
                          GraphicD,
                          I applied 11/08 under the old system for SA. Several weeks later i got the same generic rejection letter. I was confused because i did, in fact, meet all of the requirements (age,education, experience). So 1/09 i wrote a letter to the return address who sent the rejection letter and explained that i was actually qualified and asked for clarification. That same week i also put in an application for UD (again under the old system). About a week after that, the local FO called to schedule the Initial Interview (for the SA position). So i have no idea if it was all just a fluke, or if my letter greased any wheels, or what. But here i am today-and still in the process.

So my advice is, if you think that email might be an error, try to follow up on it to make sure.
                          Thanks Chamba. I received this notice via email, but i'll go ahead and give them a call and ask for clarification on why I was rejected.

Thanks again!

Comment

• The FO's should all switch to the new process where they tell you right then and there, then go immediately to the Initial. It saves months.

Comment

• I also never recieved written notice that I passed the TEA. I recieved a call from my f.o. telling me the score and that I was going to be contacted reference the next step. It did take me about a month to get the tea results, so if you took it on 10/7 don't be worried yet. I've found (though its hard to stomach sometimes) that no news is good news. I was actually very shocked when I passed the TEA. I left that day with a very bitter feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
                                Received the call this morning to schedule my polygraph. October 27th it is.
                                Bham how long did it take from your panel? I am waiting to hear about the poly as well and wanted to see what your time line was. They told me 30 -45 days to schedule your poly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10894 users online. 465 members and 10429 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X