300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm deleted
    Last edited by G46; 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by G46 View Post
      I did, I was just wondering if HQ had to review it and send it back before I got the panel. I'm just trying to get a time-frame.
      No, it will not go to HQ first before the panel interview. The office recruiter will review the paperwork and if everything falls within their hiring parameters they will schedule you for a panel.

Comment

• nm deleted
        Last edited by G46; 01-31-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
          If you had medical after your poly you are good. No worries. Just hang in there.
          This is not accurate. The poly and the medical are not necessarily connected. You can have the poly under review and be in the medical process at the same time. The best indicator for a completed and approved poly is the background investigator contacting you for office visit information (basically letting you know that they are about to contact your current supervisor). The poly and the background investigation are connected. The medical is a separate animal all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSSA2B View Post
            This is not accurate. The poly and the medical are not necessarily connected. You can have the poly under review and be in the medical process at the same time. The best indicator for a completed and approved poly is the background investigator contacting you for office visit information (basically letting you know that they are about to contact your current supervisor). The poly and the background investigation are connected. The medical is a separate animal all together.

My fault then. I guess this depends on your FO. In WFO, medical comes only after a completed and passed poly.

Comment

• Study Prep Help

Good Morning Everyone!

Back in September, I filled out my application. My questions is, when do you find out if you have been “invited” to take the test, and then, how much time does that give a person to study?? From reading some of the resent posts, it seems like the Service gives a person short notice.

I believe the service announcement that I applied for estimated the test date being on or around November.

Also, I see that people have been using the ARCO book to study? If so, which ARCO book are you purchasing and is that the best resource???

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Comment

My fault then. I guess this depends on your FO. In WFO, medical comes only after a completed and passed poly.
                Not true, this is not an FO procedure. Once you pass the panel interview HQ takes over all scheduling. Poly, BI, and medical are all scheduled through HQ not the FO.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavenLeigh View Post
                  Good Morning Everyone!

Back in September, I filled out my application. My questions is, when do you find out if you have been “invited” to take the test, and then, how much time does that give a person to study?? From reading some of the resent posts, it seems like the Service gives a person short notice.

I believe the service announcement that I applied for estimated the test date being on or around November.

Also, I see that people have been using the ARCO book to study? If so, which ARCO book are you purchasing and is that the best resource???

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
                  It’s a good idea to start studying once you submitted your application. The “Master the Treasury Enforcement Agent Exam” by Arco is a good study source.

Comment

• WFO is at HQ, no? I was told this information regarding Poly/Medical directly from my recruiting contact.
                    Last edited by 1811orBust; 10-09-2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• I am new to this forum, but have been viewing posts for a couple months. I am also in the SA process, and had a couple of questions for anyone that could assist me.

1. After you have been hired and you report to your FO before you EOD, what is it that you do for the time that you are at the FO? Also, the time that you spend there (FO) are you required to find lodging or does the government take care of that?

2. When you are in training, whether it be at Fletc or JJRTC, are you allowed to bring cell phones and computers with you? I was unsure if it was based like military training or a little more laid back. Also, during training, do you have the weekends off or is it 7 days a week?

Comment

• Thank You CJSSA2B

Originally posted by CJSSA2B View Post
                        It’s a good idea to start studying once you submitted your application. The “Master the Treasury Enforcement Agent Exam” by Arco is a good study source.
                        Thank you very much CJSSA2B!!!! I will go on Amazon.com and get me a copy!

Comment

WFO is at HQ, no? I was told this information regarding Poly/Medical directly from my recruiting contact.
                          No, HQ and WFO are two separate entities in two different buildings with two different missions. They are both in DC but they are not co-located. WFO is not HQ. HQ handles all scheduling after the panel interview not the FO’s.

Comment

• How does the Service look upon public profile pages such as a Facebook? Keeping in mind there is nothing on mine that I'd be ashamed of anyone seeing. It's mostly used to keep in touch with friends who either live elsewhere, or whom I don't really wish to contact via phone .

Comment

• Originally posted by siggyfreud View Post
                              How does the Service look upon public profile pages such as a Facebook? Keeping in mind there is nothing on mine that I'd be ashamed of anyone seeing. It's mostly used to keep in touch with friends who either live elsewhere, or whom I don't really wish to contact via phone .
                              I was never asked about the topic during my process. My opinion.....its a great way to network with old friends and family. I have one and use it often. I think the key is being smart about it. Don't post things that you will regret posting. don't put pictures on it that are questionable. Keep it clean and you should be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                                Bingo.

Common sense and good judgement go a long way. I have mine set up that people can't post on my wall and monitor for any nonsense.

You need to protect your "online personality", if you haven't spoke to someone in 10+ years since highschool, good chance they are not your "friend"...just my opinion.

I have several former and current USSS people on my account, it a great tool to stay in touch but just need to be carefull.
                                Sounds good. I try and keep a close eye on my account. Like I said, mostly its used for friends who are at a distnace, but I do get the occasional "wasn't highschool the best time of your life" type messages from people I couldn't care less about.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5702 users online. 367 members and 5335 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X