300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kdub1811 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm also new to the forum. I applied last November and I'm pretty good ways into the process. I took my poly about a month ago and my medical about 2 weeks ago. All I have left is my background! I'm anxiously waiting on that call saying they are starting my background. I have a BA in Criminal Justice and I am currently in local LE, and have been for 7 years.

As for signing the forms.....I signed a few of mine. Some of them are date sensitive, meaning that they have to be used within a certain time period or they are no good. At my panel I had to resign and date a few forms for my credit checks. Hopfully with the UN stuff coming to an end we will have lots of movement soon!! Best of luck to all! And Im no 1811 or anything, but I can offer some incite on what to expect with the process if anyone has any questions. Feel free to ask because I still have plenty of my own!!
    Sounds like we are pretty close in timeline. I started last November as well and have been waiting on my poly for the last two months. I was told last week by my FO that most recruiting activities went on hold while the UNGA & G-20 were going on. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
      Sounds like we are pretty close in timeline. I started last November as well and have been waiting on my poly for the last two months. I was told last week by my FO that most recruiting activities went on hold while the UNGA & G-20 were going on. Welcome to the forum.
      Its funny how some of us started the process at similar times and we are at completely different steps. I have learned that most of this is probably due to different FO's getting to applicants when they have the chance to. A friend of mine is also in the same process and we were neck and neck in the process until July. His local FO has stalled and mine has been moving pretty steady. Hopefully things will take off soon and we'll be hanging out in FLETC!!

Comment

• Originally posted by G46 View Post
        Right after I posted this message I got a phone call to schedule my initial for Oct 1st. I guess that is pretty fast. Is it cool to ask what I should expect from this interview?
        G46 which FO office are you interviewing out of? I am in Miami and have been sitting on my panel since 3/09. I have been contacted as recent as a month and half ago advising me I am still in the process and will be contacted soon for the next step.

Comment

• nm deleted
          Last edited by G46; 01-31-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Anxious/Nervous

Hi All,

Just recently joined the forum. I've been following this thread from some time now, and I would like to introduce myself.

I'm 26, with no LE experience. I possess a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts in Graphic Design. I have 2+ years of experience working as a full time graphic designer, and 6 months as an intern.

I've always wanted to pursue a career in Law Enforcement, but I've never actually followed through with it - until recently. I applied to an opening - which closed on Sept. 03 2009, through USAJOBS.gov (big mistake) which closed, instead of mailing/delivering the application packet to the actual FO here in DC.

I know I'm taking a big leap in applying for a special agent position with the secret service considering I only meet the bare minimum requirements (bachelors) but I really want this job. I've been doing GD for years, and I've found that it's not a career I want to pursue anymore.

I've been anxiously checking my email/mailbox/voicemail for a rejection letter, or any type of activity from the secret service - but I've gotten nothing.

I bought the TEA Arco book and I'm currently in the process of reviewing for the test.

Sorry to have to write an essay , but I figured that If I were to vent anywhere, I'd vent here since everybody is going through the same thing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

• Welcome.

Applying on USAJOBS was not a "big mistake". In fact, comments in this thread seem to indicate that the application process has moved entirely digital - to the USSS application website via USAJOBS - and there is no longer an option to fax/mail an application directly to a field office.
              Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

• S/A Applicant Status Update 09/30/2009

This week’s movement:
                w8ing2hear invited for TEA in Oct.
                Emerson1811, G46, LP5, and GraphicDesigner are new to the list.
                CJSSA2B headed to FLETC in Oct.

AT FLETC/JJRTC
                FPO in Philly: Applied 09/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 01/08, PANEL 01/08, POLY 02/08, MED 02/08, BI 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
                hawkeye81: Applied 12/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 03/08, PANEL 04/08, POLY 08/08, BI 09/08, MED 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
                Wilson: Applied 08/08, INITIAL 09/08, TEA 10/08, PANEL 12/08, POLY 02/09, MED 04/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screen 04/09, THE CALL 06/09 (Aug 09)
                Good_to_Go!: Applied 12/07, TEA 02/08, INITIAL 02/08, PANEL 03/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 07/09, Drug Screen 07/09, THE CALL 07/09 (Sep 09)
                18Dto1811: Applied 11/08, TEA 01/09, INITIAL 02/09, PANEL 02/09, POLY 03/09, MED 04/09, BI 05/09, Drug Screen 06/09, THE CALL 08/09 (Sep 09)
                MR_BOND: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 12/08, TEA 01/09, PANEL 02/09, MED 02/09, POLY 03/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screening 05/09, THE CALL 08/09 (Sep 09)
                CJSSA2B: Applied 08/07, TEA 10/07, INITIAL 11/07, PANEL 01/08, POLY 04/08, MED 04/08, BI 05/08, HI 05/08, THE CALL 09/09 (Oct 09)

RECEIVED “THE CALL!” FLETC BOUND
                1811BigFella: Applied 10/08, INITIAL 02/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 06/09, HI 06/09, Drug Screen 06/09, THE CALL 09/09

APPLICATION COMPLETE - WAITING ON “THE CALL”
                Steven147 Applied 08/08, INITIAL 10/08, TEA 11/08, PANEL 03/09, POLY 05/09, MED 08/09, BI 09/09, HI 09/09, Drug Screen 08/09

POLYGRAPH/MEDICAL/BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
                calavera: INITIAL 11/08, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 06/09, MED 09/09, BI 09/09
                Bham SA Hopeful: Applied 11/08, TEA 05/09, INITIAL 05/09, PANEL 07/09, POLY 09/09

COMPLETED PANEL INTERVIEW
                Kappa Cop: Applied 01/09, INITIAL 01/09, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09
                BLaw81: TEA 2006, Applied 02/09, INITIAL 03/09, PANEL 03/09
                brickster720: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 06/09, PANEL 08/09
                bulmer1: Applied 07/09, TEA 07/09, INITIAL 08/09, PANEL 09/09
                legalchic: Applied 06/09, TEA 08/09, INITIAL 08/09, PANEL 09/09
                * LP5: Applied: 09/08, TEA 01/09, INITIAL 03/09, PANEL 04/09

COMPLETED INITIAL INTERVIEW
                AgentHopeful03: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 07/08, TEA 05/09
                Indy44: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 07/09
                ViIIager: Applied 05/09, TEA 08/09, INITIAL 09/09

COMPLETED TEA EXAM
                Future1811: Applied 03/09, TEA 09/09
                joe58: Applied 07/09, TEA 08/09
                * G46: Applied 07/09, TEA 09/09, INITIAL scheduled 10/09

APPLIED
                Shadowdrop: Applied 05/09
                w8ing2hear: Applied 08/09, TEA Scheduled 10/09
                * Emerson1811: Applied 07/09, TEA Scheduled 09/09
                * GraphicDesigner: Applied 08/09

If you would like to be added to the list, PM me with your full timeline to date. If your timeline needs to be updated PM me with your updates.

*= New to the list.
                (Date) = Class Date
                Last edited by w8ing2hear; 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Thanks w8ing2hear!

I had read in previous posts that it was better to mail/deliver your application in person to your local FO.

Do you guys receive email or an actual letter inviting you to take the TEA exam?

Comment

• I received an email. Also, i definitely recommend going back through this thread and reading it. Tons of great information that will answer a lot of questions.

Comment

• Does anyone know the steps to get your interview information through the Freedom of Information Act? I had heard before that if you don't pass, someone could go back and request what the agents said about you through the process and was wondering if anyone knew the steps. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by steiber View Post
                        Does anyone know the steps to get your interview information through the Freedom of Information Act? I had heard before that if you don't pass, someone could go back and request what the agents said about you through the process and was wondering if anyone knew the steps. Thanks
                        http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/foia.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by GraphicDesigner View Post
                          Thanks w8ing2hear!

I had read in previous posts that it was better to mail/deliver your application in person to your local FO.

Do you guys receive email or an actual letter inviting you to take the TEA exam?
                          I received an email appointment for TEA, and a telephone call only for Panel (unless they surprise me with an email sometime in the next month or so).

Comment

• Military

OK, there are a lot of differing opinions in this thread. Obviously, it's a plus, but how much does it really set you apart? I'm guessing they get a lot of ex-military applicants.

I'm a military officer, but I have no law enforcement or investigative experience to speak of.

Comment

• Originally posted by swotivated View Post
                              Obviously, it's a plus, but how much does it really set you apart? I'm guessing they get a lot of ex-military applicants.
                              It makes a big difference when reviewing an application but that is just for TEA acceptance. After that it's all about your interview skills. As a veteran you do hold more weight than a civilian when you apply. You bring structured experience and a past that shows ability to follow orders and persevere through difficult situations. Again this is great on paper but you have to interview well to move on.

Originally posted by swotivated View Post
                              I'm a military officer, but I have no law enforcement or investigative experience to speak of.
                              The great thing about entry level is that you don't have to have law enforcement experience or investigative experience. Since you are an officer you supervise in some capacity which is a huge benefit when deciding whether a GS-7 or GS-9 will be offered. I'm not saying that you will automatically be offered a 9 but your supervisory background is a big qualifier for a 9.

Military service holds a lot of weight in most federal jobs.
                              Last edited by CJSSA2B; 10-01-2009, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSSA2B View Post
                                It makes a big difference when reviewing an application but that is just for TEA acceptance. After that it's all about your interview skills. As a veteran you do hold more weight than a civilian when you apply. You bring structured experience and a past that shows ability to follow orders and persevere through difficult situations. Again this is great on paper but you have to interview well to move on.

The great thing about entry level is that you don't have to have law enforcement experience or investigative experience. Since you are an officer you supervise in some capacity which is a huge benefit when deciding whether a GS-7 or GS-9 will be offered. I'm not saying that you will automatically be offered a 9 but your supervisory background is a big qualifier for a 9.

Military service holds a lot of weight in most federal jobs.
                                Hmm...I guess my chances just got smaller. Damn art degree!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5716 users online. 355 members and 5361 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X