Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the only TEA test dates available the ones listed on the USSS website? If thats the case they don't offer any tests near me for over 6 months if I recall corretly.

Comment

• I have my initial interview coming up on Monday. Nervous as all heck. I don't have to take the TEA since I've already taken it with another agency. What would be the next step? I've read: Apply, initial interview, TEA, panel interview.
      Would they go from an initial interview right to panel?

Comment

• Thats what I was told the process would be for me. Initial -> Panel. I think the TEA exam is valid for either 2 or 3 years.

Comment

• Hey yall, got my tea and intial on the 16th. Just saw a post about situational questions relating to arrest on the tea? I thought the tea was a multiple choice, and then some sort of physocoligical test. Could this post be referring to the intial interview? and is the intial interview about you and your qualifications, or does it ask about the service and hypotheticals? sorry for the noob question.
          D

Comment

• TEA is multiple choice, but there are situational questions and it asks you which choice you would choose based on the situation and circumstances.

The initial interview, from what I'm told is basically a run down on the job and highlights a lot of the low points: long hours, away from family, missing birthdays/events, lots of travel away from home. basically to see if you're still interested.

Panel interview (again from what I'm told) is 3 or 4 senior people who give you situational questions and then they want to see if you can make an articulate response and defend it.

Comment

• Ok, so the tea is similar to the books, and the intial interview is more of them talking to you? Panel is where you get grilled, is that what i should be getting from this? Does the study guide properly prepare you for the test? The reading comprehension ones arent bad, but I wonder where they get the answers from the problem for investigation. and math, dont get me started there. I need a calc! Thanks much.

Comment

• I was contacted last week by the SAC in charge of the office I applied out of and was told I would have to take another polygraph. This is scheduled for later this week. He told me there was a couple of areas where the results were inconclusive, but he did not tell me what those areas were. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else? If so, what was the second polygraph like? Any information would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                  TEA is multiple choice, but there are situational questions and it asks you which choice you would choose based on the situation and circumstances.

The initial interview, from what I'm told is basically a run down on the job and highlights a lot of the low points: long hours, away from family, missing birthdays/events, lots of travel away from home. basically to see if you're still interested.

Panel interview (again from what I'm told) is 3 or 4 senior people who give you situational questions and then they want to see if you can make an articulate response and defend it.
                  You are dead on pretty much. Unless there have been changes the past 2 yrs, the initial interview is "unfailable" (my own word) Pretty much it's the SSA doing all the talking. You pretty much just sit there and look pretty. Just know the basics of the job so when you are asked questions you don't look to silly. The panel is a different story. A multitude of questions, last about 45mins-1hr, and pretty much is a bunch of situational questions. Compact questions to be exact.

Ex: Have you ever disagreed with your friend and if so how did you resolve the problem? _ This isn't an exact question from the interview, just providing an example of compact questions. They force you to think a little more.

Comment

• Hello everyone

I am new to this board and have found it very informative and helpful.

OhioDet - I may be in the same boat you are in. I took my polygraph back in December and haven't heard back yet. Its been a little over 8 weeks. I am pretty sure that they are going to come back and tell me that I need to take it over again as well. How long did it take after your poly for them to contact you?

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMEDIRK View Post
                      Unless there have been changes the past 2 yrs, the initial interview is "unfailable" (my own word) Pretty much it's the SSA doing all the talking. You pretty much just sit there and look pretty. Just know the basics of the job so when you are asked questions you don't look to silly. The panel is a different story. A multitude of questions, last about 45mins-1hr, and pretty much is a bunch of situational questions. Compact questions to be exact.

Let me clear up something here people, as a Special Agent in the Service, nothing and I mean nothing is "unfailable", with regards to the hiring process. My field office just sent out 12 thin letters to people who failed the Initial Interview for various reasons. I have also seen people taken out of the process for showing up to the field office just to drop off a piece of paper and they were not courteous or were dressed sloppy. Keep in mind that anytime you step into a field office you are being evaluated. Always be professional and don't expect anything to go fast this year, due to the campaign, like my recruiter always told me, "this is a marathon, not a sprint, be patient." Good luck everybody.

Comment

• Willow0331

It took them just about 8 weeks to get back with me. I have my second one tomorrow. Hopefully, it will not take so long to get these results back. The waiting is the worst part.

Comment

• Jizzoe, if you fail a part (whatever it may be: initial, panel, BI, medical) do you always find out? even if the letter doesn't provide a reason for failing?

Comment

• Originally posted by OhioDet. View Post
                            Willow0331

It took them just about 8 weeks to get back with me. I have my second one tomorrow. Hopefully, it will not take so long to get these results back. The waiting is the worst part.
                            Well I am going on my 9th week and haven't heard anything. I even called and left a message...still nothing. I know that no news is good news but the suspense is killing me.

Good Luck today! Let us know how it goes.

Comment

• I was talking to someone hired in the past year and he said when you first get out, you have a choice of 3 (sometimes four) offices:

New York, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco

He chose NY and loves it

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                                Jizzoe, if you fail a part (whatever it may be: initial, panel, BI, medical) do you always find out? even if the letter doesn't provide a reason for failing?
                                Sometimes you find out, sometimes you don't, generally if you finish a section such as the panel and then you get a letter, it was probably the panel that failed you. I would say 99% of people fail out of the process from the TEA and the panel.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10174 users online. 320 members and 9854 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X