Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pt

[
    QUOTE=Up_On_Base;1963330]PT is very important again, there was a time period 06-08 where people were allowed to "slide by".

Not anymore, if you get a zero in any event on the final PT you WILL be fired.

The event that is hardest for most women is pull ups, its a full lock out in the down motion and chin over the bar.

Best of luck![/QUOTE]

Do you know what the requirements are at the end of training for females? How many pull ups, push ups, ect...

I would like to start working on that now.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe58 View Post
      Hey guys, im new here. I just found out i passed my TEAs and was told i would be contacted for the next step in the process. I didnt have an intial interview yet. Will that be next? I thought the intial was usually before the TEAs. Anyways can anyone tell me what happens in the intial and panel interview and what i should be ready for or prepare for?

I have been moving pretty fast in the process and was told at the TEAs that they were pushing agents through in 5 months because they need new agents so bad.
      Hi Joe. Go back to page 1 of this thread and start reading. Each of your questions have been asked and answered many, many times. The new order of process is application, TEA, initial, panel, poly, medical, home visit, drug screen. Best of luck.

Comment

• Hello everyone. From previous posts I can see that prior professional experience is very helpful in getting hired for any federal level job. So what should I do after college to get the experience I need to have a career with federal government LE? I was thinking local or state police for a while then did some research and now I am thinking the military, maybe the navy. Any help will be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by dalcowboys13 View Post
          Hello everyone. From previous posts I can see that prior professional experience is very helpful in getting hired for any federal level job. So what should I do after college to get the experience I need to have a career with federal government LE? I was thinking local or state police for a while then did some research and now I am thinking the military, maybe the navy. Any help will be great!
          At my interview yesterday - they told me they really need people in computer forensics. It requires some additional training beyond JJRTC. So if you are interested in that area - computer experience wouldn't hurt.

Comment

• I know some of yall don't like talking about the poly...but oh well.Here is the question.If they ask a question like "How many women have you slept with?" and you reply, "I'm sorry, that is just too personal." Would they say ok...or does not answering basically mean bye bye secret service??

Comment

• Originally posted by legalchic View Post
              At my interview yesterday - they told me they really need people in computer forensics. It requires some additional training beyond JJRTC. So if you are interested in that area - computer experience wouldn't hurt.
              You make me so happy

Comment

• Originally posted by CHAMBA View Post
                I know some of yall don't like talking about the poly...but oh well.Here is the question.If they ask a question like "How many women have you slept with?" and you reply, "I'm sorry, that is just too personal." Would they say ok...or does not answering basically mean bye bye secret service??
                What would be a good answer to that question? "Just the one" (showing a commitment to a single person, just like agents are supposed to be committed to the president), or "lots" (showing general manliness, the ability to repeatedly perform strenuous physical tasks during all hours of the day and night, and great social skills)?

If that question was asked, I think that if you could answer that you are in a committed, monogamous relationship, or that you don't sleep around without taking proper precautions, you would be fine. And as long as you don't answer "none", "dozens", or "I prefer to put peanut butter on my weeny and let the dog lick it off", you'd fall within the acceptable range.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHAMBA View Post
                  I know some of yall don't like talking about the poly...but oh well.Here is the question.If they ask a question like "How many women have you slept with?" and you reply, "I'm sorry, that is just too personal." Would they say ok...or does not answering basically mean bye bye secret service??
                  Without getting into specifics of what is or isn't asked, the questions are all yes/no. However, they will ask you some EXTREMELY personal yes/no questions. I guess it's up to you whether or not you choose to answer, and I have no idea how that would affect your process, but I would guess it wouldn't be good.

ETA: Yes, the questions are personal, and yes, they are questions that you wouldn't discuss in a normal conversation with a stranger, but it isn't a conversation; it's a polygraph. Every other applicant is asked and answers the same questions. And they are not questions designed to give them an inventory of your personal behaviors, they are basically questions about whether or not you've committed any crimes or whether or not you've lied to them on your application. Which are completely relevant things for them to know.
                  Last edited by 1811Chick; 09-02-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Tea

I took the TEA exam this week and I left thinking that there is no way possible I passed!

Does anyone “really know” how they score the exam? Also, are there experimental questions throughout?

Comment

Last edited by brickster720; 04-12-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickster720 View Post
                        anyone know about the average it takes to hear back after a panel interview?
                        You most likely won't hear anything until you get a call from the polygraph examiner. I'm in week number 6 of my wait. When I had my panel they told me to give them 2 months before I call in and check if I haven't heard anything. It was just by luck that I found out I passed the panel because they needed me to come in and sign a form that they forgot to give me while I was there for the panel. While there I asked if this meant I passed the panel and they kindly confirmed that I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickster720 View Post
                          anyone know about the average it takes to hear back after a panel interview?
                          There is no average. Depends on the office, how soon they send their recommendation to HQ, how soon HQ responds to them approving you for the poly, whether or not they have an in-house polygrapher or someone who flies in and out to do their polys, and when the polygrapher would have an opening for you. I usually wait at least 30 days after each step before making contact. In my experience, almost nothing happens in less than 30 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                            Word is they are backed up w/ people for the Poly.

Factor in G-20 and UNGA...prepare to wait
                            I'm fine with that, especially now that I know I passed the panel.

Comment

Last edited by brickster720; 04-12-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• sorry that i've been ingcognito a bit, family stuff

i turned in my SF paperwork last week, i'm a little nervous becase the previous addresses section wasn't filled out completely, I knew the year, but unfortunately did not know the month being that i was a kid at the time, and my mom didn't know the months either!!!! I don't know what will happen now, but i'm nervous.

On another note i've been running every night after work and it does seem that i'm getting stronger (wasn't a previous runner), but i'm no where near doing 1.5 miles in 10-12 minutes...any advice/tips would be great... i'm thinking i should incorporate a different cardio exercise????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17348 users online. 499 members and 16849 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X