300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danthony View Post
    I have my TEA on 9/3 and have the ARCO book. Any other suggestions? I'm horrible at math but passed the FBI's Phase I test.
    I just passed mine two weeks ago, and I was sweating the math hard. Take the ARCO book and hammer those practice tests; two-step problems are the name of the game. By the time you're done with the book you should be well-positioned to pass the exam without a sweat. I think the problems in the book actually ended up being a little more difficult than the real thing.

Just do every problem and work each one through. If you instinctively know the answer, do the formula work anyway, just to do it. It'll help on the day of the test when your mind is buzzing from the previous section.

Comment

• Awesome, V! Thanks for the info!
      Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

• Originally posted by pure_e View Post
        I'm filling out all of my forms today, SF86 and so on... I can't seem to find a fillable and saveable version anywhere online...any suggestions?
        On the CD my FO sent me the forms are fillable and saveable with a catch. You can fill them and once you are complete you can save them, but you can't change anything once you save them. Did you get a CD?

Comment

• Looks like another step out of the way. I was notified today that I passed the panel and have been approved for the polygraph.

Comment

• Tea

Originally posted by danthony View Post
            I have my TEA on 9/3 and have the ARCO book. Any other suggestions? I'm horrible at math but passed the FBI's Phase I test.
            danthony, I'm taking the TEA on 9/3. Good luck. I have only had the arco book for 1 day but I'm studing like crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ontheway View Post
              danthony, I'm taking the TEA on 9/3. Good luck. I have only had the arco book for 1 day but I'm studing like crazy.

studying

Comment

• Hey everybody, been reading the posts for the past week or so. First off, I know there's nothing that I ask that hasn't been asked, but this thread is so long that I'm having trouble answering all my questions.

My background: College Graduate and I've been an agent with the Border Patrol for the past 3 years. So I know the slow pace that fed takes in hiring.

Ok now to my phase of the hiring process, I take the TEA on 9/2 in Albuquerque. I've been studying the "Mo-Metrix Secrets of the TEA Study Guide" and the practice tests seem easy enough, which kind of worries me that it's not an acurate representation of the test. I read on here that Arco makes the best study guide so I've already ordered that.

I've taken the FBI test and I passed without too much trouble I guess, as one never recieves a score.

So, anyway I just want to know if any of you have any suggestions before I take it. Thanks
                Last edited by Stokes_N; 08-24-2009, 08:55 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSSA2B View Post
                  On the CD my FO sent me the forms are fillable and saveable with a catch. You can fill them and once you are complete you can save them, but you can't change anything once you save them. Did you get a CD?

no CD, just paperwork, I really hate that I cant save this

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                    Check out fleet feet running stores, they are the pros...get the right kind of shoe for your stride.

I jacked up my legs bad from UD training, took about 1.5 years to fully recover...you will run on pavement the entire time in Beltsville, hard on the legs.

i will look into this, i'm not a runner at all and the last thing I want to do is mess up while i'm trying to get into shape...thank you

Comment

• I took the test recently. So, there was no math.
                      Is the math section of the ARCO guide close to the TEA?
                      As I said earlier, the guide I have at the moment has tons of practice problems, but they seem to mostly be basic algebra. In fact the only thing I have trouble with is finding square roots (but who doesn't have trouble finding square roots).
                      Other than that, does anyone know if the other portions of the TEA are comparable to the FBI section i.e. verbal reasoning? I just want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks for any advice/input.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stokes_N View Post
                        I took the test recently. So, there was no math.
                        Is the math section of the ARCO guide close to the TEA?
                        As I said earlier, the guide I have at the moment has tons of practice problems, but they seem to mostly be basic algebra. In fact the only thing I have trouble with is finding square roots (but who doesn't have trouble finding square roots).
                        Other than that, does anyone know if the other portions of the TEA are comparable to the FBI section i.e. verbal reasoning? I just want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks for any advice/input.
                        Don't compare the TEA to the FBI test. I took both back when the FBI test had the math. I did pass both but I saw a considerable difference in the math portion of the TEA, more difficult. The other sections of the TEA and FBI test are different and comparing the two will not help you. Forget that other book you are using and start working with the ARCO. It's been 2 years since I've taken the TEA so I couldn’t tell you if the questions in the ARCO are more difficult or easier than the actual TEA but I can tell you I studied everyday from the ARCO and passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSSA2B View Post
                          Don't compare the TEA to the FBI test. I took both back when the FBI test had the math. I did pass both but I saw a considerable difference in the math portion of the TEA, more difficult. The other sections of the TEA and FBI test are different and comparing the two will not help you. Forget that other book you are using and start working with the ARCO. It's been 2 years since I've taken the TEA so I couldn’t tell you if the questions in the ARCO are more difficult or easier than the actual TEA but I can tell you I studied everyday from the ARCO and passed.
                          I took the TEA exam and passed two weeks ago, with help from the ARCO book. The ARCO practice tests had a good mix of difficult and easy questions; I'd say that the "hard" ARCO questions are much more difficult than the TEA questions. Master both the easy and hard ARCO ones (there's no actual rating for them, but you know them when you see them) and you'll be in fine shape.

And like everyone says, don't compare the FBI and TEA tests. Very different approaches to evaluating you.

Comment

• Why don't folks use the search function before posting ha ha? I see the same questions over and over again on this thread anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                              Why don't folks use the search function before posting ha ha? I see the same questions over and over again on this thread anymore.
                              I think we are all here for the same reason, to gain some insight to the process and the job. There is a lot of info on here to sift through. I don't mind answering questions. If it bothers you then don't respond.

Comment

• Wasn't saying it bothered me. I was just making a comment. Eventually these sites end up becoming pay sites when the same questions are asked over and over. Bandwidth costs money....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13311 users online. 356 members and 12955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X