• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied: July 10

Best Qualified Email: July 13

SAEE- JULY 18 PASSED

APAT- JULY 25 PASSED

SUPER- Waiting on the Date (don't know why It's taken forever for this step)

Comment

• Abithopeful
      Abithopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      I passed my SAEE over a month ago. Still haven't received the email for APAT, don't know what's going on there.

• lunatico86
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Took me almost two months to hear about the next step from my SAEE last year, continue to be patient.

• KalKid55
      KalKid55 commented
      Editing a comment
      How was the APAT? Do they conduct it under high-stress (like my local PD did) or is it fairly low-stress.

• ManBear1987 i am about to take the saee on Thursday, kind of freaking out about it. lol any tips, was it that bad? I keep feeling like logical reasoning will be hard.

Comment

• Jimmy timmy
      Jimmy timmy commented
      Editing a comment
      NanceT31B just do the practice tests and it’s no biggie

• ManBear1987
      ManBear1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      What Jimmy said, the practice test they provide online is what you'll see on it. If you review that then you shouldn't stress.

• Got the call today… choosing between Atlanta, Detroit, Las Vegas, LA, Miami, NYC, Newark, Philadelphia, Toledo, Fresno, San Fran

Comment

• SA_Jim_Lahey
      SA_Jim_Lahey commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to see there’s some progress out there. Congrats!

• lunatico86
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Toledo and Fresno are unique here.

What did you choose?

• Jimmy timmy
      Jimmy timmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guy, I went with Philly. Since the first move is on me, I decided to go with that. It is close to my current residence.. and I know people I can live with in the area.

• Kings68SA
      Kings68SA commented
      Editing a comment
      Cya at FLETC!

• Does the USSS polygraph have similar failure rates as Customs and BP? got mine coming up and wondering.....

Comment

• IroqouisB
      IroqouisB commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. Coin flip like the rest of them. I was told I "failed" a question like a few weeks ago. No BQA letter yet, but definitely expecting it.

The irony is, I was given a sob story on the how the agency is so short, hurting for bodies, and has a cliff of retirements in the next two years. Always have to look at the glass as half full. Blessing in disguise perhaps? It just sucks I had to purchase a plane ticket and hotel for mine. Oh well... On to the next. Good luck on yours bro.

• ETX1811Hopeful
      ETX1811Hopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      Cannot speak to the pass/fail rate, but it was relayed to me that every step of the process eliminates roughly half of the applicant pool. So yeah, it is kinda like a coin flip. Do you feel lucky?

• IroqouisB
      IroqouisB commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you remember that scene in "No Country for Old Men" where the antagonist Anton Chigurh goes to a convenient store. He's about to off that old dude. Then Anton does the coin flip to decide to kill the guy or not. The old man ends up winning the coin toss, so Anton spares his life. That analogy about sums it up. Let's be honest, a good field background investigation will find anything in someone's closet of skeletons. The polygraph is the shortcut for agencies. It just basically tests an applicant's ability of being able to fog a mirror or not.

As the SAS love to say: "Who Dares Wins".

• Jimmy timmy
      Jimmy timmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, it wasn’t fun. Just spill your guts beforehand

• Just applied for the latest SA announcement almost 2 weeks ago and my status changed to “referred to management” for GL 7 and GL 9 but says “ under review” for GL 11. I haven’t received any further communication since I applied. Does that unofficially mean that I was referred?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comment

• Det_sje
      Det_sje commented
      Editing a comment
      You will move on to the next step in the hiring phase for GL7 and GL9. You will not be considered for GL 11 at the moment unless you when you get your Final offer you negotiate your salary and tell them why you qualify for GL11

• Just checked my account on the agency site and my application for GS-9 now says “There were better qualified candidates.” Really sucks. They strung me along for 18 months, I sat in adjudication since February and I was all the way to the finish line.
    Last edited by SA_Jim_Lahey; 09-13-2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Jimmy timmy
      Jimmy timmy commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sorry man, I was pulling for you. Ridiculous how long it took for that to hear anything.

• SA_Jim_Lahey
      SA_Jim_Lahey commented
      Editing a comment
      I just hope any official comm’s I get about this can give me a “why.” Because if something came up in med records or my background adjudication that no-go’d me, I want to know if it bars me from other 1811 work. I have a number of other app’s out and I’m going to be very frustrated if I take time off work for future processes, just to be told “no” for something USSS could have given me head’s up on.
      Last edited by SA_Jim_Lahey; 09-14-2022, 05:12 PM.

• Officially in "Adjudicative Review". Almost 2 months post-poly.
    Last edited by IroqouisB; 09-15-2022, 03:40 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• SA_Jim_Lahey
      SA_Jim_Lahey commented
      Editing a comment
      Wishin’ you better luck than me lol

• IroqouisB
      IroqouisB commented
      Editing a comment
      SA_Jim_Lahey — I was canvassing this post. I’ve seen guys who’ve been in this review for like 2 years. I guess it’s safe to assume I should just move on…

• Announcement canceled….soo now what?

Comment

• Tan313
      Tan313 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just checked my announcement on USAJOBS and mines says ”job canceled” also. Does that mean we have to apply to the new job announcement?

• SA_Jim_Lahey
      SA_Jim_Lahey commented
      Editing a comment
      Shows “Accepting Applications” right now. Cancelled yesterday. Sounds like they’ve been glitchy lately.

• Got a BQA after applying to SA-SB002-22. Another email came a few minutes later saying SA-ORB02-22-NCN is currently under review.

Edit: got the “..under review” email for SB002-22 yesterday. Really quick turn around for a BQA.
    Last edited by SA_Jim_Lahey; 09-27-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• My timeline. Applied in 2013... Been waiting for a poly since (always checked in and was "still in process").... Applied again a few weeks ago. Made the cert for the new process and saw that I had "withdrawn" my old application which was NOT the case Anyways. Had to retake the SAEE. Just passed it yesterday.

So how soon after passing the SAEE do you take APAT? I threw out my back on Monday and I don't know how well I would do in the next couple weeks but I know I could pass having not done PT for a while as long as my back holds up.

Lastly.. I am 40 yo... Current LEO (non-1811 but still under 6c). I am also a GS14... I just need a change of pace.. Currently hold a TS/SCI as well and I have a recommendation from a current SA with the USSS. Hoping that expedites the process
      Last edited by irishmatt18; 09-29-2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Achiever1911
        Achiever1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow a 14 and you want to shift everything around like that?!

I actually finished the home interview in 2015 and heard nothing else. I've since been in three other LE agencies. You applied back in the time where applications would vanish.

• Originally posted by irishmatt18 View Post

So how soon after passing the SAEE do you take APAT? I threw out my back on Monday and I don't know how well I would do in the next couple weeks but I know I could pass having not done PT for a while as long as my back holds up.
      Curious about this as well. I already had previous SAEE passed results so I got the APAT email, and that someone will be in touch to schedule APAT. Any idea how long it takes them to schedule APAT? Made an appointment with my doctor to sign the waiver for next week..
      Last edited by KalKid55; 09-29-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• irishmatt18
        irishmatt18 commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you take the SAEE and how long after passing did it take you to get the APAT email?

• KalKid55
        KalKid55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Matt - I took the SAEE actually back in January of this year (22) but decided to withdraw my app at that time for personal reason. I re-applied in Sept; and since I passed the SAEE once I guess the results are good for life apparently. So the APAT email came about a week after I submitted this new application. I'm not sure what the timeline would look like if I didn't have the SAEE results from before.

This APAT change started in March of this year where now they schedule you for the APAT after SAEE. I guess beforehand the APAT was one of the last steps in the process - someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I'm seeing people get scheduled for the APAT on average 3-4 weeks after getting the "SAEE Passed" email. So I assume mine will be scheduled sometime mid-late October.

• irishmatt18
        irishmatt18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet. I had passed the SAEE back in 2011... They made me take it again. However, during that time we took it on paper. I still think it was the same test too.... Thanks though, just waiting for the email now and it gives my back time to heal

• Razor1775
        Razor1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything is based on the availability of someone, usually a Special Agent, at your processing Field Office to perform that step of the hiring process. Don't try to use analytics to come up with a time frame based on post here. I don't know how many times in my hiring process I was asked, can you come to the office today or tomorrow. Stay ready and stay flexible. Good luck.

• Hey friends,

it’s been a long journey but I wanted to give you my timeline

Applied again( yay for life hiccups) may 2022

SAEE: passed in 2020

APAT: June 20

SUPER: June 29

eye exam: a few days later

EQuip: Aug 3

Security Interview: Aug 17

Poly: Sept 8

Background Initiated: Sept 23

Home Interview: Sept 29

waiting on The Call

Comment

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Never say never, I was offered multiple East Coast locations with one particularly small. There are a lot of trainees going to south eastern locations.

• Femalehopeful
        Femalehopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        Here is hoping!

• Achiever1911
        Achiever1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        Atlanta and Miami may be available.

• Femalehopeful
        Femalehopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        ATL would be cool. I am not going to hold my breath and just hope for the best!

• This agency is all over the place with their hiring practices. It is easily one of the most disjointed processes in the fed.

Comment

• I am sadly (or happily bowing out of the process). After a super sketch polygraph, where they called me a liar, made derogatory comments about my ethnicity, didn't let me get a drink of water, and pretty much kicked me out of the building breathing down my neck until I got to the exit door; I got slapped into "adjudicative review" for almost 8 weeks. I just recently got hit up to add a few more references and my background was initiating.

I’m pulling out because this definitely isn’t the agency for me after talking to a lot of SAs on the job. But a lesson for those pushing forward for it; it’s not over because of radio silence or something like a bad interview or bad poly. Now has been the best time more than ever to get hired with the fed.

Good luck
        Last edited by IroqouisB; 10-02-2022, 02:26 AM.
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• vc859
          vc859 commented
          Editing a comment
          There has to be a line somewhere. I think the way you were treated, especially the ethnically derogatory comments warrants a call to DHS-OIG, or OPM or someone...

• SA_Jim_Lahey
          SA_Jim_Lahey commented
          Editing a comment
          If they made any comment in any way related to your ethnicity, you need to file an official complaint. Examiner needs to lose his job.

• IroqouisB
          IroqouisB commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree it isn't right. I appreciate the re-enforcement of derogatory comments aren't the way to do business in this job. I've been in law enforcement for a decade now at the state level, and I have never once made a comment remotely close to what I experienced in that polygraph room, to another suspect or a LEO. I was definitely caught off guard with how I was treated, with what I'd hoped the examiner had already known about me (as far as my resume goes). Maybe I don't know the game as well as I thought I did? Who knows...

Maybe it was their way to test my composure or to get a reaction? It doesn't make it right. But like everyone else, I am trying to navigate my way into the fed in the most comfortable way possible without ruffling any feathers.

Like I said, be prepared for anything. Don't get discouraged and listen to your gut feeling. Skies the limit in this labor market.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          IroqouisB Its called the secret circus for a reason. If I was in your shoes I would have asked to speak to the supervisor after and filed a formal complaint against the examiner. In any other setting an EEO complaint would hold merit, but for whatever reason polygraphs allow agencies to skirt any of the rules. At most their employee would have had to attend diversity trainings, but hey if it makes them miserable its a small win.
          Last edited by Levithane; 10-04-2022, 03:41 PM.

• For all those that have completed the APAT recently. I have read the protocol. However, there isn't much guidance on the APAT vs the PT at the academy. At the academy it states you can rest for push-ups. But doesn't mention one way or the other for the APAT... Can anyone comment to the standards for the APAT...

Current scores.

Push-ups 44 w/resting in up position 30 non-stop.
        Situps 44
        Sprint 17:54 timing myself which was a little slower than I would get
        1.5 mile run 12:34

My scores will improve as I have not worked out in a while.

Comment

• Femalehopeful
          Femalehopeful commented
          Editing a comment
          With those numbers and how you did it. You will be fine

• KalKid55
          KalKid55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just had my APAT today, you'll be fine with those numbers. Push up form is locking out elbows at the top, and they placed a block (probably 4 inches tall) at your chest for it to hit for every rep. Sit ups are arms crossed with hands on your shoulders, elbows touching top of knee (where your quad meets your knee cap, so maybe a little lower than top of knee). Squeaked out 50 pushups and 47 situps. DQ: once you place your knee on the ground during pushups you're done. Didn't see or hear any DQ about situps.

The agility run is a bit interesting, surprisingly took a LOT of gas out of me since you do two trials and then go into the 1.5mi right after. I should've prepared more for it since it's so awkward with the quick turns and whatnot. They didn't tell me the time I got but I passed, I want to say I was somewhere between 18-21 seconds?

Run as long as you're under 14 min you should be golden. Like I said though.. be prepared for the Illinois Agility Test to take some gas out of you.

Oh and I guess the PT in the academy is fairly similar - lot of running, pushups, situps but no Illinois Run - they like to do chin-ups.. which I much rather prefer as someone with more upper body strength as compared to "explosive" aerobic power.
          Last edited by KalKid55; 10-06-2022, 04:01 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3664 users online. 243 members and 3421 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X