Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the same update in my task bar and was emailed by someone from the usss to complete the onboarding forms and offer letter. I’m scheduled for my poly but haven’t done medical yet

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
      ETX1811Hopeful
      Forum Member
      ETX1811Hopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it appears this is the new method for applicants to upload their COVID vaccination information earlier in the process. I was contacted after my initial medical to submit proof of vaccination - there were like 7 people cc'd in the email. Must be a way to automate/streamline the process without getting too many individuals in the mix.

• lunatico86
      lunatico86
      State cop
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      What part of USAJobs is that? I cannot find exactly where that link is after it takes me to the Secret Service profile page.

• ETX1811Hopeful
      ETX1811Hopeful
      Forum Member
      ETX1811Hopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      lunatico86
      State cop
      lunatico86 - Towards top right: 'Onboarding'

• ETX1811Hopeful
    Forum Member
    ETX1811Hopeful , I might be looking in the wrong place because I dont have that.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
      ETX1811Hopeful
      Forum Member
      ETX1811Hopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      lunatico86
      State cop
      lunatico86 - I assume it will appear once your status updates from "Your application is under review" to "Congratulations! You were tentatively selected." However, all of this appears to be new. Your mileage may vary.

• lunatico86
      lunatico86
      State cop
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you
      ETX1811Hopeful
      Forum Member
      ETX1811Hopeful

• TerminalBRD
      TerminalBRD
      Forum Member
      TerminalBRD commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pending medical/physical next week and I've not received that either, so it may not be something that is being sent out universally, or it may just be that they just haven't gotten to us yet. I'm hoping that there's a way I can shortcut the after-medical follow up for vaccination status by giving the doc who does my physical my vax card at the time of the evaluation.

• Good day lads,

I recently received a BQA letter for the Uniformed Officer Position on 08 Oct 2021.

This was three business days after the Polygraph and I understand what that may signify but in my BQA letter there were no timelines or DQ identifiers so yesterday I reapplied to the position on the latest year window listing.

Whenever I track my original application through USAJOBs>USSS website; it still says that my application status is "referred for testing".

I have read from previous posts that by this time, the status should be updated to reflect BQA or no longer considered.

I just wanted to make sure my thoughts are accurate based on the collective experience of everyone here so with that in mind I have a few questions!

1. Is my application status not being updated the legit status or are they most likely behind on updating everything?

2. If I am able to get back into the process through this latest listing, what would I have to redo since I originally applied on 22 July 2021? (got all the way past the Polygraph in 2 and a half months)

*Reposted this here because this thread is more active than the Secret Service UD one*

V/r,
    -Chris

Comment

• TerminalBRD
      TerminalBRD
      Forum Member
      TerminalBRD commented
      Editing a comment
      It may be that your USAJobs status is simply not being updated. Mine has not been updated at all since before I was referred to the SUPER and I'm now pending the medical/physical next week (which should be the last step for me). In that time, they've evaluated my packet and qualified me at a higher GL level than I had originally applied for; had my SUPER; Factor V/Security Interview; Polygraph; home interview; and my background investigation.

I've also heard of some folks getting a BQA email, and then days later moving forward in the process... though that seems to be rare.

• Charioce
      Charioce
      Forum Member
      Charioce commented
      Editing a comment
      TerminalBRD
      Forum Member
      TerminalBRD

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please note though that this is not the USAJobs status that I am referring to, it is the status listed on the Secret Service website that you use the USAJobs "track my application" link to access.

From what I've heard, once the process kicks off and you pass the UDEE; the status updates to "referred for testing". I have read through most of the forums and other individuals statuses have updated in the past but I was just wondering if this was a recent issue.

• TerminalBRD
      TerminalBRD
      Forum Member
      TerminalBRD commented
      Editing a comment
      I was imprecise. I was speaking about the same USSS page that you mentioned. My status has never changed from either "Your application has been referred to management" (GL-07) or "Your application is under review" (GL-09). Granted, I'm in the SA pipeline and not the UD pipeline, so perhaps UD updates the status more reliably. But it is possible that they're not updating your account with the current status in much the same way mine has not been updated.

• Has anybody received a conditional offer for GL-7 but have it upgraded to a GL-9 later on in the process?

Comment

• TerminalBRD
      TerminalBRD
      Forum Member
      TerminalBRD commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not. However, I applied for GL-7 and GL-9 and they upgraded me to GL-11 when I received my conditional offer.

• ToraChan23
      ToraChan23
      Forum Member
      ToraChan23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a master's degree, but my conditional offer said GL-7 instead of GL-9, so I'm wondering the same thing.

• So I have been in the medical review "hole" for a couple months now because the medical unit keeps requesting additional info but finally on Monday (10/18) I had sent them pretty much any and everything they could need/want to see. Well as some of you have been reporting you are getting tentative offers via the USAJobs portal with the location, pay grade, etc. listed. Well today I checked my portal for the heck of it and noticed the onboarding button as well. It had the location offered and all that listed in that onboarding section but no offer letter or forms. So I am a bit confused to be honest. It should be noted that I have completed every step in the process and have been completely done since the beginning of August. It was not until a couple weeks after my BI was cleared that I received the first med review email. Should I be expecting the call tomorrow or whats going on here?

Comment

• I have also completed every step in the process and received the same tentative offer letter email (GL-9, East Coast office)....what does it mean?

Comment

• griffinlocke
        griffinlocke
        Forum Member
        griffinlocke commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I just got the offer letter email as well.

• ETX1811Hopeful
        ETX1811Hopeful
        Forum Member
        ETX1811Hopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        The location listed on the tentative offer/onboarding screen was the first office listed on my application (alphabetically) when choosing desired locations on USAJobs. Is this the same for everyone else? I don't want to get my hopes up, and I highly doubt Austin, TX will be offered for Phase 1.

• griffinlocke
        griffinlocke
        Forum Member
        griffinlocke commented
        Editing a comment
        I put a bunch of locations but my listed office is west palm beach, FL and I know for a fact I applied to other locations higher up in the alphabet so idk we’ll see. Fingers crossed for the call soon.

• Would some of you mind please sharing your timeline? My SUPER was almost 8 weeks ago and I have not heard anything since, and it seems as if lately people get the next step after their SUPER within days or less than 4 weeks. Did anyone here wait 8 weeks or more after their SUPER to hear back, this year?

Comment

• TerminalBRD
        TerminalBRD
        Forum Member
        TerminalBRD commented
        Editing a comment
        Application: 4/18/21
        Best Qualified Email: 4/28/21
        SAEE: 5/15/21
        SUPER: 5/19/21
        Conditional Offer: 7/20/21
        Factor V/Security Interview/Fingerprints: 8/11/21
        Polygraph: 9/7/21
        Background Investigation Start: 9/8/21
        Drug Screen: 9/15/21
        Home Interview: 9/17/21
        Medical: 10/27/21 (Pending - Referred 10/14/21, originally scheduled date 1019/21 but rescheduled by provider)

I had to wait about 8-9 weeks before I heard the results from my SUPER as well. After that point, things sped up a bit before I had the post-polygraph/home interview slow down waiting to be referred to medical.
        TerminalBRD
        Forum Member
        Last edited by TerminalBRD; 10-22-2021, 03:35 PM. Reason: To add additional information.

• lunatico86
        lunatico86
        State cop
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you
        TerminalBRD
        Forum Member
        TerminalBRD , I have now beat your time since my SUPER.
        lunatico86
        State cop
        Last edited by lunatico86; 11-03-2021, 08:06 PM.

• Well, just got back from my medical/physical eval and I get to go back on Friday. Apparently the provider wasn't sent the lab kits for bloodwork. I guess I get to do another fast this week...

Oh well, I could stand to miss a couple of meals.

Comment

• Anyone know if I’m able to reapply if I got a BQA email after the polygraph?

Comment

• Any updates in terms of FOs on your ends? I had submitted the follow up med paperwork last Monday, got an email last Friday telling me to log onto the onboarding portal through USAJobs and accept the TO and complete some onboarding forms...been radio silence as of today.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBurks View Post
        Anyone know if I’m able to reapply if I got a BQA email after the polygraph?
        Unfortunately, failing the poly will disqualify you from future announcements. However, you can still apply to the other agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBurks View Post
          Anyone know if I’m able to reapply if I got a BQA email after the polygraph?
          According to the recruiting office, you can reapply after getting a BQA letter unless it states otherwise.

Comment

• KBurks
            KBurks
            Forum Member
            KBurks commented
            Editing a comment
            Does it say I can immediately reapply or is there a waiting period?

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69
            Forum Member
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can re-apply as many times as you want after failing a poly. But you will just keep getting the BQA email over and over. Pretty sure you get a lifetime ban.

• KBurks
            KBurks
            Forum Member
            KBurks commented
            Editing a comment
            So I don’t think it was a FAIL for the poly because I never got into the chair. I had a 2 hours pre poly interview and a discrepancy in info came up and polygrapher had to pause for the day to send the additional info that wasn’t disclosed to headquarters. Next day I got the BQA. So did I really “FAIL” the poly even though I never got into the chair?

• ToraChan23
            ToraChan23
            Forum Member
            ToraChan23 commented
            Editing a comment
            @KBurks,

The same thing happened to me, but with the FBI. I disclosed additional info prior to the poly, and wasn't able to get into the chair. FBI said I'm "unsuitable for FBI employment" and can't work for them in ANY capacity as a result. Hopefully that isn't the case for you and the USSS

• Hey all. After watching and reading this forum for a while now. I figured I would post my progress.
          applied: 9-15-21
          Best Qualified: 10-1-21
          SAEE (scheduled): 11-8-21
          after reading over 150 pages of the forum. I feel pretty confident in the procedure for the USSA job. My only question is when the PFT (physical fitness test) is. I’ve heard conflicting reports but I think you don’t take the PFT until you go to FLETC? Am I correct in assuming? I’ve been doing daily workouts but I want to be fully prepared
          thanks all

Comment

• TerminalBRD
            TerminalBRD
            Forum Member
            TerminalBRD commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I've gathered, the physical fitness test is administered at the beginning of FLETC (or in an orientation program preceding FLETC, that's not clear to me) where they will establish a baseline for your physical fitness level. According to the USSS recruiting website, there will then be a PFT administered approximately four weeks before graduation where you must score the requisite 6 points with at least one point in three of the four events. I've heard different things stated previously about how many points are required to pass at the end of RTC, but at least right now USSS is showing on their site that a passing score is 6 out of 16 possible points... and it looks like that's relatively new information (when I first saw it, the language indicated it was a change for a recent FLETC class, and it has since been updated).

• NYC1175
            NYC1175
            Forum Member
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            You will take a PFT during your 1 week orientation (before FLETC) in Beltsville, MD. Your score on that PFT determines whether or not you go on remedial at FLETC. You take another PFT week 5 at FLETC and another after that week 10 at FLETC.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175
            Forum Member
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            You need a 10 with no zeros by the end of RTC to graduate. You need a 6 with at least 1 in 3 of the 4 events at the week 10 PFT to graduate FLETC. Just do yourself a favor and strive for the 16 from the jump; it'll make your life way easier.

• Well, just got back from another 4 hour round trip to get my TB test read at the contracted doctor's office for the Medical Intake/Physical Exam. Still haven't been able to have the required blood work completed due to some SNAFU regarding the lab kits and who is responsible for providing them. I'm now being sent to a second provider to finally get that blood work done. So I get to fast for a third time...

Comment

• ToraChan23
            ToraChan23
            Forum Member
            ToraChan23 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just got a notice today that my liver enzymes were abnormal, so I have to get that done again. And I JUST did another urine analysis yesterday as well.

I had my poly a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from THAT yet, so I'm hoping them requiring these exams means I passed

• ETX1811Hopeful
            ETX1811Hopeful
            Forum Member
            ETX1811Hopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            ToraChan23
            Forum Member
            ToraChan23 - You won't hear anything in regards to the Poly results. If you moved onward to the medical, that is the unofficial way of saying you "passed" the poly.

• ToraChan23
            ToraChan23
            Forum Member
            ToraChan23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great, that's one less thing to worry about
            ETX1811Hopeful
            Forum Member
            ETX1811Hopeful. Thanks

• TerminalBRD
            TerminalBRD
            Forum Member
            TerminalBRD commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm hoping that I won't have to do any medical follow-ups, but I was fighting a sinus infection last week during my physical and then yesterday at the time of my lab work, I was only about 16 hours post-emergency root canal. I'm not sure if circumstances could have been any worse to do well on a physical evaluation...

• Hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a while and excited to make my first post. Here's my progress thus far:

Applied: May 15th, 2021
          Best qualified email: May 28th
          SAEE: June 3rd
          SUPER: June 9th
          COE: August 6th
          Submitted Eye Exam/Received Equip: August 11th
          Submitted Equip: August 13th
          SI: October 12th

The special agent that conducted my SI told me I'd hear back within a week or two. I'm sure I'll hear something soon, but wanted to see the average wait time between SI and next step, whether it's a poly, medical, or BQA. Thanks in advance, and best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• TerminalBRD
            TerminalBRD
            Forum Member
            TerminalBRD commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told after my SUPER that I should hear something within 2 weeks and it took 9 weeks before I heard anything. I believe that I heard back after my SI pretty quickly (within a couple of days if I recall correctly) and the poly was scheduled about a month later. That said, I've had portions of my process that took forever for others happen super quickly and then other steps that were quick for others take forever for me.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4459 users online. 249 members and 4210 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X