Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone, I'm new to this post. I have a few questions regarding training and the USSS Criminal Investigator Physical Fitness Testing.

I have FLETC UPTP under my belt as of recent, so does that mean if hired, I'd only have to do the bridge course for CITP or would they just put me through the entire CITP?

I'm not a good runner endurance wise (never have been), but im in shape and workout every day. Do I have to get a good score in all categories of the Physical Fitness Test in order to move forward?

Has anyone heard what the PT is like at the JJRT secondary training?

Thank you for any and all answers!

Comment

• Rascon3Romeo
      Rascon3Romeo commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly what OCN said, unless you are UD, you redo all CITP and workouts are definitely CrossFit style.

• Tjwright95
      Tjwright95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet, thank you! I barely saw this so I apologize on the delayed response.

Regarding the initial physical fitness test in the hiring process, do have to score well in all categories?

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rascon3Romeo Tjwright95 if you are current UD switching over to SA, you only complete the USSS specific academy at JJRTC. If you are any other agency AND have CITP certification, then you will not need to re-attend FLETC. UPTP certification does not equate to CITP certification with USSS, so in his case he would go back to FLETC and complete both that and JJRTC before becoming an SA. Just to clarify

• Tjwright95
      Tjwright95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!

• Hey, I had my super interview 2 weeks ago and still have yet to receive a response. At the interview he told me it usually takes 1-2 weeks for a reply, so I was wondering how long it took everyone else to hear from them.

Thanks!

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
      ETX1811Hopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      In my case it took over a month to receive an update. Good luck!

• lunatico86
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Join the club. Waiting as well.

• Hello all, recently started the process. Have my SUPER interview coming up. Any tips or advice to help prepare for this? Also, would you all recommend me taking a copy of my resumes for the recruiters to look at during my time there? Thank you!

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
      ETX1811Hopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      Google 'Behavioral Interview Questions' - Develop answers from your own experiences using the STAR method. Do your best to look the part (professional attire, personal grooming) and be as genuine as possible. You'll do fine!

• Study your own experience and present it in a STAR method of interviewing. Be courteous, and patient. I was asked for an electronic copy of my resume.

Comment

• What is the usual turn around time for those who finish their HI to the call or BQA? And how far in advance have they been giving so far with the dates?

Comment

• Had my second poly this week. I am definitely getting the BQA.

Comment

• lunatico86
          lunatico86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why? What happened this time?

• ASecretSquirrel
          ASecretSquirrel commented
          Editing a comment
          If I officially get the BQA then I’ll post the story. Was kinda hilarious but it ended with me being told I failed haha.

• Had my poly yesterday and told I was an indeterminate because I was flagged on the "Did you deliberately falsify any information on your application forms?" but on no other categories, including the questions pertaining to integrity and honesty.

Of course the examiner did his damnedest to get more out of me during the post. However I reminded him that I am currently employed in a field that requires a TS clearance, and had held a clearance prior to that with the Army.

They insisted that the machine is infallible and had me attempt a statement to explain the inconsistent results, to which I briefly stated that the only possible discrepancy would be that I've no way of accessing my pediatric health records to substantiate some of the procedures done as a child (e.g. tonsils removed, broken hand and foot) yet did not attempt to find them prior to the submitting the packet because of the limited EQIP submission window.

The examiner tried to spin that as falsifying medical records and he would note that in his report, to which I couldn't help but laugh.

I had applied to the SA position on a whim and had figured this would be a nice change of pace and the chance to do something really different from my current and previous gigs. I'm actually kind of happy the poly was a cluster**** and I'll take it as a sign.

Gents, I would recommend against this job unless you've really nothing else going for you. There are better branches out there.

I'll also answer what questions I can if anyone has any.

Cheers.

Comment

• ASecretSquirrel
          Editing a comment
          They absolutely have a script that they follow. I am guessing it is the same speech, or very similar, for just about everyone. I told my guy that I could make up something to tel him but then that would be a lie and that I’m not a liar.

• user2
          user2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Recommend against it? You didn't even get an offer

• Fedfun
          Fedfun commented
          Editing a comment
          You sound fun. Hook em up again sam

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          You sound bitter you didn't get the job. In other news, FLETC has been a blast so far.

• Recommend against it? You didn't even get an offer
        My point is that there are other branches out there where your QOL will be better considering the dice roll this process is.

They absolutely have a script that they follow. I am guessing it is the same speech, or very similar, for just about everyone. I told my guy that I could make up something to tel him but then that would be a lie and that I’m not a liar.
        Script or not it's awfully artificial. What struck me most was the feigned familiarity the examiner tried to have with what I do for work. They went so far as to say that they knew people at my firm, knew the in's and out's of my work and tried to describe a day-in-the-life at my job when compared to being an SA. As you can probably expect is was entirely wrong besides the location I worked out of, which was on the application - lol.

It's unfortunate that despite the process being greatly expedited there is an overabundance of quality hires being tossed for what seems like examiners attempting to meet failure / attrition quotas.

Comment

• Lawness
          Lawness commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t persuade others from this job, based upon your one tough day in a small room with a polygraphist. The polygraphs at this agency have been known to be one of the most grueling polygraphs across the fed. Remember, these polygraphist are trained, so he or she likely picked up on something you said or done and went with it.

What you might think is a quality hire, may not be a quality hire to those agents reviewing your file. Do yourself a favor and just withdraw your application. There’s other agencies hiring that do not require a polygraph.
          Last edited by Lawness; 09-11-2021, 03:01 PM.

• Fedfun
          Fedfun commented
          Editing a comment
          How many times have you interviewed someone? Ever pretend to have common ground to create a comfort level and then they confess. You did the service a favor. Your way too smart and know all the tricks.
          Full disclosure i left the job for better quality of life, but i did ten years and u didn't even get a cup of coffee.

• ASecretSquirrel
          Editing a comment
          Regardless how you feel about the validity of the poly, I also had a bad experience but I don’t think that should preclude others from applying…

• Don’t persuade others from this job, based upon your one tough day in a small room with a polygraphist. The polygraphs at this agency have been known to be one of the most grueling polygraphs across the fed. Remember, these polygraphist are trained, so he or she likely picked up on something you said or done and went with it.

What you might think is a quality hire, may not be a quality hire to those agents reviewing your file. Do yourself a favor and just withdraw your application. There’s other agencies hiring that do not require a polygraph.
        At the end of the day, everyone here is an adult and can decide for themselves. I'm just offering my two cents along with everyone else, including yourself and my opinion is that it's not worth it given how much of a toss-up the polygraph is. Like you said yourself, there's other agencies hiring that don't require a polygraph.

How many times have you interviewed someone? Ever pretend to have common ground to create a comfort level and then they confess. You did the service a favor. Your way too smart and know all the tricks.
        Full disclosure i left the job for better quality of life, but i did ten years and u didn't even get a cup of coffee.
        You're awfully defensive about someone sharing their experience with the hiring process here. What gives?

Regardless how you feel about the validity of the poly, I also had a bad experience but I don’t think that should preclude others from applying…
        Again, everyone is an adult here and can make their choices themselves at the end of the day. In my opinion, it's just not worth it and as Lawness mentioned above there's better options out there.

Comment

• Okay

Thank You, Guys

Comment

• Finished the process. Currently awaiting The Call™

Applied USS Criminal Investigator (SA-ORB02-21-NCN): 04/20/21
            Best Qualified E-mail: 05/04/21
            SAEE : 05/15/21
            SUPER Interview Date: 05/27/21
            SUPER Pass/COE: 06/29/21
            Eqip Submitted: 07/06/21
            Security Interview: 07/23/21
            Polygraph: 08/13/21
            Background Investigation (Initiated): 08/23/21
            Home Interview: 08/30/21
            Fingerprints: 09/07/21
            Medical: 09/13/21

Comment

• Got the BQA email this morning. Not surprised, at all. The poly is definitely a joke but it’s a necessary hoop. Good luck to everyone else. This was likely my last attempt at getting an 1811 spot.

Comment

• Hey folks, I been in adjudicative review since applying in 2019. Recently contacted SS and I was given this response- Application is still active/adjudicative review. Seems wild that it's been over two years!!! thoughts?

Comment

• ABS2005
                  ABS2005 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  November will be two years for me, too. I'm just about at the point of withdrawing my application just because I'm tired of it being left hanging and it seems more and more likely I'll never get a positive outcome. I was 39 when I applied and I'll be 41 in October and I'm just waiting for them to come back with "oh you're too old now, sorry."

• got BQA after finishing everything. I wonder why? I am grateful for this though! I got a job offer with another LE fed agency so I hope someday I reapply! by the way Air marshal is out !

Comment

• Hello,

Has anyone received any updates from USSS this month about their application, or is the UN General Assembly delaying processing?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4311 users online. 257 members and 4054 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X