300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright fellas
    got the call, they’re trying to class people up by end of next month.
    their locations were
    NYC
    Chicago
    LA
    San Fran
    Newark NJ

Comment

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man! Not crazy about those locations but hey I’ll take anything at this point. GL!

• ASecretSquirrel
      ASecretSquirrel commented
      Editing a comment
      You decide on a location? Going warmth or cold? Lol

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      ASecretSquirrel I actually asked for a bit of time extension. I’ll be classing up next fiscal year. So locations are likely to change

• lunatico86
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s awesome, it’s also great they allowed you to do that.

• Edited from previous post*

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it! Makes sense as the new FY kicks off October. Congrats brother! Hopefully I'll be joining you soon and making the leap to SA; if not, I'm sure we'll cross paths me being UD and you bein SA.

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      NYC1175 yessir
      Keep me posted, I’ll see ya on the other side

• Got a phone call. I’m retaking the poly.

Comment

• lunatico86
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got this. Better than a BQA.

• ASecretSquirrel
      Editing a comment
      @lunatico86

Thanks man, and you’re totally right.

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      Goodluck brother. Confidence in your answers is key. Be respectful, and if they ask why you reacted a certain way, maybe say the question was too vague or you had something in mind that is likely not what they’re asking for.

• Hey all, was BQA’d the next day after the poly back in February. Re applied on 7/3 and since I already passed the SAEE I went right through to the SUPER which is this Wednesday. For anyone who might know, since I’m back in the process so quickly is there anything else that I won’t have to redo? Or is it the complete process over again, minus the SAEE.

Comment

• lunatico86
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      I would honestly say SUPER was the easiest part of the process…fingerprints were a close second.
      Just go in, ready to answer very typical questions you’d get in any interview.
      Ask questions, sound interested.

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      Recently just reapplied myself. I never received a BQA, I never received anything. After my SI back in Feb or March it went silent. Couldn't get ahold of anyone so I just decided to reapply. See what happens this go around.

• Tex_rangr
      Tex_rangr commented
      Editing a comment
      That is pretty odd, maybe they’ll see you have an active application out there and it’ll get it moving for you. Good luck!

• May someone put me in contact with a special agent recruiter with the Secret Service, please? Thank you

Comment

• ASecretSquirrel
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that’s what it looks like. You could also just reapply and see what happens haha

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I reapplied after failing in Dec 2020. But got the BQA again.

I'm guessing that some of the guys who thought they "failed" the poly didn't actually fail. I could see you getting bumped out if you're not a super competitive candidate and your poly was inconclusive (but not "FAILED"). One of my buddies applied for 1811/UD and passed the SUPER but got BQA'd for zero reasons (got the SUPER pass confirmation and then a BQA a few days later).

If you're really interested, I'd recommend applying again. It takes about 15 minutes, so what do you have to lose?

• Tex_rangr
      Tex_rangr commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with the above comment, even though he straight up told me I failed catastrophically the section I “failed” would have been impossible to fail. I think they try and scare more info out of you to see if you’ll crack. Doesn’t make much sense to grill you and accuse you of lying and then encourage you to reapply.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Go ahead and reapply to see what happens. I had a recruiter reach out to me, with the special links and everything. I called them and told them I got BQA'd previously I was not interested in either position and wished to be removed from further consideration and correspondence. If you want to pm me I can give you the email and phone number to reach out to.
      Last edited by Levithane; 08-31-2021, 06:58 PM.

• Hey fellas, does the USSS offer any polygraph reciprocity? I passed an active full scope poly with a fed LE agency within the last 2 years. Thanks all

Comment

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, they have to do their own. But, I believe once you pass a USSS poly, you can most likely get reciprocity elsewhere within DHS (or at least partial).

• Originally posted by Zmatty View Post
    Alright fellas
    got the call, they’re trying to class people up by end of next month.
    their locations were
    NYC
    Chicago
    LA
    San Fran
    Newark NJ
    Are you prior LE/Qualified for GS9? I once heard you had better location choices if so.

Comment

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not LE…pretty sure GS9

• Rascon3Romeo
      Rascon3Romeo commented
      Editing a comment
      LE or qualified GS9 do not get better location choices. It is luck of the draw 100%.

• Just started the process. Since I passed the SAEE I figured I would start a timeline for everybody.

Applied: 8/4/21
    Best Qual Email: 8/22/21
    SAEE: 9/1/21 (PASS)
    SUPER: Scheduled 9/9/21
    Last edited by Rentacop93; 09-03-2021, 01:27 PM. Reason: Updated timeline

Comment

• lunatico86
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, I understand. Did you receive a SUPER invite yet?

• Rentacop93
      Rentacop93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just did for either the 8th or 9th.

• lunatico86
      lunatico86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good, congratulations. As others have said, STAR method. I haven’t received results yet.

• Rentacop93
      Rentacop93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip. I am prepared for the process to take awhile, I am surprised it's even moving this fast, haha.
      Last edited by Rentacop93; 09-03-2021, 01:27 PM.

• I recently came across the story of U.S. Secret Service Special Agent Julie Cross. She was killed in the line of duty. Worth taking a moment to note.

https://www.specialagents.org/

-SA Blog

Comment

• SUPER interviews are virtual or in-person as of late?

Comment

• HappyWithMyLife
        HappyWithMyLife commented
        Editing a comment
        They are in person, so is the SI as of July for me.

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some are still virtual. I'm sure it depends on the needs of the local field office conducting the interview.

• Hoping this is good news for me
      My timeline :
      Applied for SA: March 18 21
      Test : March 30
      SUPER:April 14
      SI: June 13
      medical: July 25
      1st poly: July 27
      Drug test Aug 10
      2st poly: Aug 17
      BI: Initiated Aug20
      HI: Sept 10

Is this good news? And if I have my HI scheduled does that mean my BI is done ?

Comment

• SethRo3233
        SethRo3233 commented
        Editing a comment
        ASecretSquirrel I just didn’t let the first experience get to me. Just stay true to the truth. Don’t deviate from the truth. Don’t lie either. Just trust the process and you’ll get through. Gimmicks will just put you in a worse predicament.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kristina2021 unless things have changed, you will not do the fitness test until you start SAITC (Special Agent Intro Course) which is the 5 day course you'll do at JJRTC before going to FLETC. It is in your best interest to be scoring at least a 10 right now though.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        SethRo3233 the Home Interview is for the agents to give you and your family an overview of the job and expectations and answer any questions you may have. It is also an evaluation tool (since it's part of the B.I.), so just wear a suit, be courteous and professional, and you'll have no issues.

• Kristina2021
        Kristina2021 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYC1175 thanks so much! I think I made it confusing by saying physical instead of fitness. Appreciate all feedback!!

• After taking the poly in March, my BI has finally started today. They contacted my current employer.

Comment

• SethRo3233
        SethRo3233 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats !!! Hopefully you get selected!

• DocHolidayFan
        DocHolidayFan commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been a stressful 6 months waiting to see if I passed the poly or get DQ'd. It just feels good that I made it passed my first ever poly

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear it! Hope they speed things up.

• Quick question for those who apply for SA

I have made it to the end to the home interview. I do not possess a degree other than high school and currently in school for my associates. I do have military and federal civilian experience 3years++. Do you think I have a chance of being hired? And do you know any one that was hired without a degree for SA?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you made it this far, you have a good chance of getting hired.

• SethRo3233
        SethRo3233 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYC1175 I hope so. It would a shame not to get it all because of lack of a BA

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you making this far is pretty remarkable and awesome. I wouldn't beat myself up if I was you and don't get an offer. There are countless individuals with your same experience but with multiple degrees and language skills who haven't made it as far as you. I think it's pretty remarkable, kudos to you.

• Thought I'd ask: anyone here know what is the likelihood of getting offeres an international field office after your first duty station?

Comment

• user2
        user2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Slim to none

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        Puerto rico? For sure anywhere else not a chance. Its usually a reward for doing dc time. Foreign offices arent all rainbows and kittens. Imagine Rome oh man how cool. Rome covers the middle east so yeah pack your bags because protectees are always going there.

• Double post
      Last edited by DocHolidayFan; 09-08-2021, 09:25 AM. Reason: Double post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2924 users online. 198 members and 2726 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X