Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope so that’s all I’m waiting for.

Comment

• After doing poly in March, i just got a response email saying "your application is still active"....

Comment

• Poly complete. Would not recommend to a friend (5 Hrs). Was told the numbers fall well within the required range.

Applied(SA-ORB02-21-NCN): 04/20/21
        Best Qualified E-mail: 05/04/21
        SAEE Pass Date: 05/15/21
        SUPER: 05/27/21
        SUPER Pass/COE: 06/29/21
        Eqip Received: 07/01/21
        Eqip Submitted: 07/06/21
        Security Interview: 07/23/21
        Submitted Additional Signature Forms: 07/27/21
        Contacted to Set-Up Polygraph: 07/27/21
        Polygraph: 08/13/21

UPDATE (08/16):
        I just received an email to update any changes to information relevant to SI/Background. Looks like I officially passed the poly!

UPDATE #2 (08/18): Received a call from (202) in regards to my pending background investigation.
        Last edited by ETX1811Hopeful; 08-18-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• https://www.amazon.com/dp/1638810958...8GR5GH71K1RCV2

Good read regarding an Ex-USSS undercover. Goes in depth on the criminal investigative side of the agency. If unable to open Amazon link here, just access the Instagram @secretservice_streetguy or search law enforcement biographies

Comment

• Originally posted by ETX1811Hopeful View Post
            Poly complete. Would not recommend to a friend (5 Hrs). Was told the numbers fall well within the required range.

Applied(SA-ORB02-21-NCN): 04/20/21
            Best Qualified E-mail: 05/04/21
            SAEE Pass Date: 05/15/21
            SUPER: 05/27/21
            SUPER Pass/COE: 06/29/21
            Eqip Received: 07/01/21
            Eqip Submitted: 07/06/21
            Security Interview: 07/23/21
            Submitted Additional Signature Forms: 07/27/21
            Contacted to Set-Up Polygraph: 07/27/21
            Polygraph: 08/13/21

UPDATE:
            I just received an email to update any changes to information relevant to SI/Background. Looks like I official passed the poly!
            I did my Poly in March and heard nothing.... extremely jealous of you lol

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
              ETX1811Hopeful commented
              Editing a comment
              DocHolidayFan - After reading almost all 1111 pages of this thread, the post-Poly abyss is probably the closest thing to Dante's 1st circle of hell (limbo). I truly feel for you! I'd rather be 6 months post-HI than poly.

• Blah0416
              Blah0416 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same! Took my Poly in April..haven’t heard a peep besides i’m still in the process. Where are located? I’m in Virginia so i’m wondering if it’s just this field office that’s taking this long.

• For anyone interested, this publicly available memo lays out the internal hiring and selection process a bit. It'll give you an idea what goes on with applications behind the scenes.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...august2018.pdf

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              griffinlocke I'm in the same boat as you. Completely done, waiting on the call. I got confirmation that my application is with SMD (Security Management Division) which handles the bulk of the application like the poly, B.I. medical, E-Qip, etc. Once you clear all these steps and SMD approves it, it goes to the hiring panel. Sit tight! It can come any day now.

• lunatico86
              lunatico86 commented
              Editing a comment
              It says there the TAD team scans applications everyday, yet I have not received the SAEE invite in almost two months since I applied, stuck on "We are reviewing applications" and SA Support said they can't help me

• griffinlocke
              griffinlocke commented
              Editing a comment
              NYC1175
              Yea same I think. Had my HI over three weeks ago. Was told my BI needed to be submitted the beginning of the following week. The last contact I had with anyone was 2 days after my HI asking for more medical docs which I submitted that next day and received a confirmation email for that day as well. So I’m assuming that like people here have said, they would reach out if they wanted more info. So just waiting now.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              lunatico86 yeah, that is quite the wait for an SAEE invite. As generic as this info is, only thing you can do is wait for the invite to come and know that if you are basically qualified, you WILL get the invite.

• Does ANYONE have the direct number to the Safety Health and Environment Division??

Comment

• This is ridiculously fast. I completed my polygraph last Friday, and one of my contacts notified me they were contacted by a background investigator today. A week turnaround from poly to background?!
              Last edited by ETX1811Hopeful; 08-20-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's standard. Passing poly is the greenlight for the B.I. to begin.

• ETX1811Hopeful
                ETX1811Hopeful commented
                Editing a comment
                NYC1175 - Nice. I wasn't expecting that quick of a turnaround, but I'll definitely take it...

• griffinlocke
                griffinlocke commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep. The literal day after my poly my BI showed up at my departments HQ to interview my supervisor.

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe they have a certain timeframe to conduct the investigation in and deadlines to meet.

• My application finally changed from "We are reviewing applications" to "Your application has been referred to management". Can someone tell me if that means I will finally get invited to the SAEE, or it's just a whole bunch of nothing?

No, I have not received the "Best qualified" e-mail yet.

Comment

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                This means your application is moving forward. Expect to get emails next telling you you're best qualified, followed by SAEE invite.

• lunatico86
                lunatico86 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you very much.

• Found a great new book called "Street Guys" that focuses on some fantastic street cases USSS used to do.....hopefully Secret Service goes back to some of that in the future.

https://www.specialagents.org/secret-service

-SA Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC1175 View Post
                For anyone interested, this publicly available memo lays out the internal hiring and selection process a bit. It'll give you an idea what goes on with applications behind the scenes.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...august2018.pdf
                I’ve been in the “information abyss” since 10/20!! No one answers the provided number and I get no replies from the SA email address——ive finished and passed everything—-yet heard nothing, not a peep for 9 months now—-

Comment

• NYC1175
                  NYC1175 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SA Support is a black hole. The one time I managed to get someone on the phone, they just said my application is active. I have some alternative solutions, check your DMs.

• So when waiting for “the call” do we know will it be a DC # or our recruiter?

Comment

• NYC1175
                  NYC1175 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DC number (202 area code)

• Zmatty
                  Zmatty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NYC1175 ah, guess I must’ve missed it then. They didn’t leave a message

• griffinlocke
                  griffinlocke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nice! been about a month since my HI and haven't had any calls from DC, growing impatient lol.

• NYC1175
                  NYC1175 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Zmatty did you call them back? I would call them back first thing tomorrow as it is Friday and calls probably won't go out again till Monday.

• Home Interview and Medical set-up. Should be done with the process within the next two weeks.

Comment

• Not in the process, but guys think very carefully if this is a job you want. I have a good friend of mine who works for them and is absolutely miserable working for USSS (known him since college). I'm sure they tell you the same thing at the home interview the good bad and the ugly. USSS is constantly rated as one of the worst places to work in the fed. Theres also an agreement signed now where you'll have to pay a certain portion of money back if you leave before fulfilling the agreement. Retention has gotten so bad they're hiring retired 1811s past the retirement age, and they've resulted to recruiters reaching out through usa jobs. Good luck to you all.

Comment

• Fedfun
                    Fedfun commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Every agency has been hiring retired annuities to work backgrounds recruit etc. Nothing new there. I was an usss agent for 10 years and have no idea this agreement you speak of so...ok. i am at my second agency and while I don't travel as much and its more traditional plus and...i dont travel as much and its more traditional minus, we have to work our leap. There are perks to both jobs. I agree, think long and hard before making a decision but dont let someones friend on the internet make a decision for you. I had a blast, made a ton of money, traveled the world, and saw and did things not many other people can claim to have done.
                    Just my 2 cents as a former agent.

• Yak
                    Yak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm sure there's some differentiation between two groups of people, those who took the position because it was the first 1811 gig they were offered and those who were genuinely interested in and researched the USSS, the traveling, the hours, ect. I have a feeling far less of the latter are disenchanted with the job and look to leave.
                    The unorthodox work schedule and traveling is one thing that actually drew me to the USSS. I despise 9-5 jobs and have worked nothing but rotating shift work and night shifts since I left the military. It's one of the reasons I'm not sure I'd be the best person for an OIG gig or IRS CI. Irregularity and travel is my cup of tea.

• Levithane
                    Levithane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fedfun referring to the continuing service agreement. Not sure of the length of time, but you're committed for a certain period of time with the agency.

• NYC1175
                    NYC1175 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm one of the few who likes the protection aspect of the job and I have no issues with the constant travel and long hours. Interactions I've had with agents have been overall positive and they have all been honest about the hardships of the job. I've served in the military and worked the regular 9-5 where I had a set schedule and lots of at home time, and the latter got very boring, very fast. That being said, there is in fact a continued service agreement. However, there is a caveat to the CSA. If you get hired by another agency before the CSA is up, and that agency agrees to take on the cost of your training, then you're off the hook.

• Welp. I ended up sticking it out and had my poly earlier this week. I’ve not heard anything back but i am guessing I’m out based upon the feedback I got from the administrator.
                  good luck everyone, this was my last shot.
                  Last edited by ASecretSquirrel; 08-26-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Fedfun
                    Fedfun commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You both passed. I know a guy that knows a guy..

• ASecretSquirrel
                    ASecretSquirrel commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fedfun

Unfortunately, I have to take it again ha

• Fedfun
                    Fedfun commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Disagree. Fortunately you were deemed worthy enough for another go round

• ASecretSquirrel
                    ASecretSquirrel commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fedfun

Truth. Good way to think about it. Thanks for the reality check

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4264 users online. 253 members and 4011 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X