Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
    Here's my question...

If you already have security clearance completed with customs....and all the steps leading up to it...all being accomplished under a year....will it cross over to the SA position?
    Nope. You'll resubmit all that info again, except this time going back to birth, plus some extra stuff. Good times.

Comment

• Quick question. Do I need to have the security packet complete prior to the panel interview? I just received it and some instructions in the mail. Just wondering when I have to finish all that up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy44 View Post
        Quick question. Do I need to have the security packet complete prior to the panel interview? I just received it and some instructions in the mail. Just wondering when I have to finish all that up?
        The interview you are referring to is technically called the Security/Panel Interview. I say this because it helps answer your question, the interview is broken down into two phases that take place the same day. The first portion of the interview is the Security Interview and then once that is complete they move on to the Panel Interview. For the Security Interview portion you will need to fill out the packet they mailed to you as it and your initial packet will be reviewed and then signed and dated during the Security Interview.
        Last edited by jimdvs; 07-31-2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• I just got my thanks but, no thanks email. Thanks for the support, and good luck to everyone else in the process

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSSA2B View Post
            Just want to clarify, are you FLETC bound in September?
            Roger that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
              Sorry bro.

Over the next 12 months continue to improve your skills and when its time re-apply.

I know a few people that were turned down 1st time around and got picked up on 2nd try. Not sure if that is common practice for the Service or not but it will show dedication.
              Thanks brother, yeah I'm applying to Charlotte-Mecklenburg PD, Columbia,SC PD and Charleston, SC PD as well. Gonna try that for a couple years and get my masters in CJ, then reapply. The USSS is definitely where I want to be long run, so whatever it takes.

What was confusing was that they told me I passed my panel and then I get an email at 8 PM on a saturday saying "thanks, but no thanks". I thought I was for sure onto the next step, but oh well. Life goes on right. I'll just see you guys in a couple years in NYC instead of a couple months.

Comment

• Weekly Applicant Update

S/A Applicant Status Update 08/03/2009

This week’s movement:

Shadowdrop has joined the list.

AT FLETC/JJRTC
                FPO in Philly: Applied 09/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 01/08, PANEL 01/08, POLY 02/08, MED 02/08, BI 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
                hawkeye81: Applied 12/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 03/08, PANEL 04/08, POLY 08/08, BI 09/08, MED 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
                Wilson: Applied 08/08, INITIAL 09/08, TEA 10/08, PANEL 12/08, POLY 02/09, MED 04/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screen 04/09, THE CALL 06/09 (Aug 09)

RECEIVED “THE CALL!” FLETC BOUND
                Good_to_Go!: Applied 12/07, TEA 02/08, INITIAL 02/08, PANEL 03/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 07/09, Drug Screen 07/09, THE CALL 07/09 (Sep 09)

APPLICATION COMPLETE - WAITING ON “THE CALL”
                MR_BOND: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 12/08, TEA 01/09, PANEL 02/09, MED 02/09, POLY 03/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screening 05/09
                1811BigFella: Applied 10/08, INITIAL 02/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 06/09, HI 06/09, Drug Screen 06/09
                18Dto1811: Applied 11/08, TEA 01/09, INITIAL 02/09, PANEL 02/09, POLY 03/09, MED 04/09, BI 05/09, Drug Screen 06/09

BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ONGOING

POLYGRAPH/MEDICAL
                CJSSA2B: Applied 08/07, TEA 10/07, INITIAL 11/07, PANEL 01/08, POLY 04/08, MED 04/08, BI 05/08
                calavera: INITIAL 11/08, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 06/09
                1811orBust: Applied 03/09, TEA 04/09, INITIAL 04/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 06/09

COMPLETED PANEL INTERVIEW
                Bham SA Hopeful: Applied 11/08, TEA 05/09, INITIAL 05/09, PANEL 07/09
                Kappa Cop: Applied 01/09, INITIAL 01/09, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09
                1811Chick: Applied 01/09, INITIAL 03/09, TEA 04/09, PANEL 05/09, POLY 07/09
                BLaw81: TEA 2006, Applied 02/09, INITIAL 03/09, PANEL 03/09

COMPLETED INITIAL INTERVIEW
                AgentHopeful03: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 07/08, TEA 05/09
                brickster720: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 06/09, PANEL 08/09
                Indy44: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 07/09

COMPLETED TEA EXAM
                skunkworks: Applied 05/09, TEA 07/09

APPLIED
                Future1811: Applied 03/09
                Shadowdrop: Applied 05/09

If you would like to be added to the list, PM me with your time line. If your time line needs to be updated PM me with your updates.

*= New to the list.
                (Date) = Class Date
                Last edited by CJSSA2B; 08-03-2009, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose49 View Post
                  Thanks brother, yeah I'm applying to Charlotte-Mecklenburg PD, Columbia,SC PD and Charleston, SC PD as well. Gonna try that for a couple years and get my masters in CJ, then reapply. The USSS is definitely where I want to be long run, so whatever it takes.

What was confusing was that they told me I passed my panel and then I get an email at 8 PM on a saturday saying "thanks, but no thanks". I thought I was for sure onto the next step, but oh well. Life goes on right. I'll just see you guys in a couple years in NYC instead of a couple months.
                  Goose,
                  What is your background?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose49 View Post
                    I just got my thanks but, no thanks email. Thanks for the support, and good luck to everyone else in the process
                    Goose,
                    I hate to hear that brother. Keep on keeping on and thanks for all of your encouragement along the way. We were in exactly the same spot so now my eyes are glued to my email box

Comment

Originally posted by Goose49 View Post
                      I just got my thanks but, no thanks email. Thanks for the support, and good luck to everyone else in the process
                      You have the right attitude - it could happen to any of us at any time - we will all be anxiously awaiting your return to the hiring process!

Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811BigFella View Post
                        You have the right attitude - it could happen to any of us at any time - we will all be anxiously awaiting your return to the hiring process!

Good luck!
                        Thanks brother, keep me updated. See you in two years!

Comment

• Originally posted by skunkworks View Post
                          Goose,
                          What is your background?
                          2 years at the Air Force Academy
                          B.A. Philosophy/Religion
                          2 years work experience for a Non-Profit

nothing substantial, just need to beef up the resume.

Comment

• You should follow-up. I've heard glitches with the e-mail system so it's worth asking about before giving up hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                              You should follow-up. I've heard glitches with the e-mail system so it's worth asking about before giving up hope.
                              That's a good point Goose, especially given the time at which you said the email came across. 8PM on a Satuday seems like an odd hour. Just touch base with your AC and make sure that email wasn't an error.

Comment

• Hey has anyone heard of issues with the USSS SA application page on the USA jobs website. EVERY time I try to submit my resume at the end, a page pops up that sends they're taking me to the webpage used by the USSS and then it just times out. So I'm pretty sure they never got my application with a resume.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10665 users online. 505 members and 10160 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X