Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Med complete. I think the docs fudged my eyesight numbers because they’re better than with the optometrist but I definitely did worse. Now to wait for the poly.

Comment

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      keep us updated when you get contacted for poly, been waiting a month now since my med..

• ASecretSquirrel
      ASecretSquirrel commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do. My local FO told me it could be a while unfortunately.

• Hey all, been a lurker for a while - but I’m proud to say I passed my SAEE and received the call from a local RAIC, and scheduled my SUPER interview.

he said to me “most of our interview will be discussing what the job entails, and then we will briefly go over general interview questions”

it almost seemed like he was implying they would give me the conditional offer, but I don’t want to jump the gun. Maybe I’m over thinking it. Was this similar to anyone else’s experience?

Anyhow, I definitely want to be as prepared as possible. Any advice on how to prepare for the panel would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all!

Comment

• 2CK2021
      2CK2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      The SUPER is not that bad, dress to impress and show up on time. I only got asked like four questions or so and they were your basic interview questions that are asked at every job.

• Just had poly yesterday. Feeling optimistic. I was contacted today to update info (N/A) and resign a form, seems like a good sign but still standing by to hear official confirmation of passing poly/moving on. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      An email to update forms means you passed. Congrats.

• Kodanight
      Kodanight commented
      Editing a comment
      NYC1175 Thank you! Got my drug screening info today too. Completing that on Monday. Almost to the end!

• Chandler_Bing17
      Chandler_Bing17 commented
      Editing a comment
      How was the Poly? I’ve taken 3 for local law enforcement and passed all just seen some horror stories lately.

• Hi all. If you fail poly can you reapply with the USSS and is there a waiting period or you only get one chance?

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you're banned for life after failing. Welcome to the club.

• Trooppp
      Trooppp commented
      Editing a comment
      big_bob_69 i emailed they replied said you can reapply anytime even after failing a poly so I would say reapply since that’s what they said

• FederalGoals12
      FederalGoals12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Trooppp they told me the same thing when I called and emailed but I have been rejected from every job announcement (applied to 3) within a few weeks. Let me know if you have any luck

• With all the hiring has anyone heard anything about Phase 1 being shorter or longer than usual as I'm sure not everyone will be able to starter Phase 2 in Washington all within a year or two of everyone else.

Comment

• Is anyone currently waiting on the call? I’ve finished the process and haven’t heard anything in over a month. I’ve reached out to HR and I received the generic you’re still in the process, be patient email.

Comment

• Ceann
        Ceann commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still waiting on the call. Home interview was on 15 April and last contact with anyone regarding my background was 26 April. Haven't heard anything since.

• Same here. Home interview was in February. Called BG investigator to see if there was an issue with my file. There were no issues with the file and the BG investigator was shocked that i hadn’t heard anything. When the agents came out for the home interview they advised I should hear something in two weeks hire/no hire.

Comment

• I have officially completed every step in the process. Now I wait for the call.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man!

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          big_bob_69 thanks!

• Kodanight
          Kodanight commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!! I’d be interested in hearing what locations they offer if you feel ok sharing. My background just kicked off !

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kodanight thanks! I don't have FO choices yet but I'll let you know when/if I get a final offer.

• Guess my medical was green lighted.
        on to my drug test tomorrow ✌

Comment

• griffinlocke
          griffinlocke commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, weird to see them giving you the drug test before a poly. Still waiting for any contact after my med...been a little over a month.

• Zmatty
          Zmatty commented
          Editing a comment
          griffinlocke I remember recruiter told me that my area’s a bit backed up...and that there’s no real order for medical/Poly/drug

So I guess that’s why

• Sb2475
          Sb2475 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! If anyone gets the call for the fletc July class PM.

• Got the call on 4/26 for August fletc!

Just a heads up to you all going through the tail end of the process, I got the “medical determination deferred” email a month after completing the background process, which ended up being a full three months after completing the medical exam. You really don’t know if you pass the medical for sure until you get the call.

I took my medical exam at an urgent care facility and they also did not test my corrected vision. I thought this was normal since we were all required to submit an eye exam form earlier in the process but they ended up needing me to submit documentation of my visit, copy of eye exam report, and eyeglass pickup receipt, amongst other things I needed to provide documentation for. So if you have a medical exam coming up, definitely be proactive and tell them to test your corrected vision as well. Some clinics have USSS applicants come through all the time, others don’t, and they will overlook things.

Good luck to you all

Comment

• USSS400
          USSS400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I submitted my documents 4/16 and got the call 4/26.

Here’s my timeline if it helps:
          06/05/2020 Applied
          10/05/2020 Best qualified
          10/16/2020 SAEE
          10/30/2020 SUPER
          11/19/2020 security interview
          12/30/2020 CO
          01/18/2021 Medical
          02/05/2021 Polygraph
          02/10/2021 Background initiated
          02/11/2021 Drug screening
          02/16/2021 Home Interview
          02/24/2021 Background submitted
          03/01/2021 Fingerprints and Photograph
          03/24/2021 Medical follow up email
          04/16/2021 Medical documents sent
          04/26/2021 The Call

• Kodanight
          Kodanight commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! What locations were offered? (RT)

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man. How did you know your background was submitted and that your medical was cleared? Did you get emails for both?

• USSS400
          USSS400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew my background was submitted because the background investigator told me the date it was due to hq. The doctors office faxed over my medical information and I actually didn’t hear anything from USSS medical review, I figured they would reach out if they needed anything

• Hey All,

After waiting for what seemed to be an eternity (a little over a month) under medical review, yesterday I finally got the call for the July Fletc class. A little confused though because I was hearing about people getting the call for an August class, but now there's also an apparent July class...

Good luck to the rest of you awaiting the call or going through the process. Definitely be patient...

Comment

• soon2b1811
          soon2b1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I sent out all the medical follow up stuff this week so I'm hoping to hear back soon.
          If you don't mind the question, what cities were you offered?

• Looks like a new book about the Service is coming out. Doesn’t seem to paint a pretty picture of the agency. Here is an excerpt from it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...sam&stream=top

Comment

• Zmatty
          Zmatty commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn you had me excited. Seems like it's more focused on the former president's term, and the Secret Service during those 4 years rather than an actual 'Rise and Fall' of the Secret Service as the book suggests.
          Would love to take some book suggestions though if ya have any

• ASecretSquirrel
          ASecretSquirrel commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly, the few I have read I started then put it down after a chapter or two. They all seemed to be airing dirty laundry about politicians rather than cases they worked. Idk, this one looks similar, but the book also talks about issues during the Obama administration. There is a real problem it seems like in the agency, which is pretty much well known since they hemorrhage agents.

• For those who got the call, did it come from a 202 area code? I have applications for both UD and SA and I'm not sure if it's a single call that will come offering both or if each will call separately.

Comment

• So, i took my poly the first week of March, and I haven't heard ANYTHING since..... any idea whats going on?

Comment

• JohnnyDodger
            JohnnyDodger commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you on active duty? I took mine that same time. Myself and a few others around that time frame received an “adjudicative review process” email.

• DocHolidayFan
            DocHolidayFan commented
            Editing a comment
            Not military.

• Kodanight
            Kodanight commented
            Editing a comment
            My poly examiner told me I would hear something with 14 days and if not to reach out, it might be time for you to do so. I was contacted the next morning to resign some paperwork.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, seriously.

• Had my medical on 4/9 and have heard nothing since... Anybody have any idea who I can contact to get some insight as to what is going on? I called the SA/UD support line and the person on the other end was of no help and advised they have nothing to do with the medical.

Comment

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have the contact for the nurse or physician that did it? I did mine at a federal facility so the nurse reached out herself to send some paperwork and all that.

• griffinlocke
            griffinlocke commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine was at a federal building/courthouse as well... I guess I should start with them. Thanks and GL, I am betting you'll get the call tomorrow, thing always seem to happen on Tuesdays with the fed.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3334 users online. 216 members and 3118 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X