Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has been people's most effective way of getting info on their application status? Mine has been saying BQA on the Secret Service's website for quite some time, but I have yet to receive any sort of email stating as much since I had my SI over a month ago.

Comment

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      Got you. I didn’t realize you were talking about Gi Usajobs!

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep same here. I am done with medical and it says under review for me like it has said since day 1

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Home interview scheduled for this week, everything else is done (except Medical which is next month) and mine still says "under review."

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      NYC1175 nice. It looks like your process with a few agencies is moving along. Unfortunately, I missed the boat on NCIS and I'm sure they aren't opening up again until next year. I'm not sure what the deal is here, I understand these Agents do this as a secondary duty. But I applied Oct 19th of 2020 and so far have only got as far as the SI while most are almost done or are done and have academy dates. Hope you get the news you're looking for.

• I spoke to a nice lady on the phone today. I called the number that is referenced on the most current posting for SA on usajobs.gov. I inquired about the adjudicative review process and was instructed that it is only for veterans and is in reference to them taking extra care with reviewing and making a determination on the polygraph. It is not just a random thing for veterans. She made it sound like it was a thing only done for veterans that weren't an easy pass determination for the poly. So, I take it that if you receive that email then they have received your poly to review. I don't know how they determine the order that they review the polygraph results that are in that stack. But, if it is in order of when they sent out those emails, then based one one or two people's statements of their progress..... we need to wait very patiently.

Comment

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      There is extra red tape depending on what authority the job was advertised under. I know this because we have run into this issue where I work. To deny a vet under certain appointments is about 6 month process and a ton of paperwork for us, minimum, paperwork which has to be "ok'd" by everyone up the chain. So, unfortunately, what we often do is hire them anyway when we shouldn't and just put the job back out there to get the person who was better suited for the job. In no way am I saying this is what is happening, I have no knowledge of the USSS hiring process or exact appointments they hire under. I just know from personal experience, it is very difficult to turn a vet down who by textbook standards meets the minimum requirements for the job but isn't exactly the best fit. We actually just ran into this issue again last year and it took almost a year to turn the gentleman down, explain why, submit the paperwork, get it signed off on, and hire the better applicant.

But with how many veterans work for the USSS, I have a feeling this isn't some personal vendetta against vets. I am very curious about exactly what it is and why it happens though.

• ABS2005
      ABS2005 commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Eventual1811 View Post
      Still.In.Adjudication....... This is ridiculous. Called the hotline last Friday and was told that ONLY veterans are placed in this adjudicative review and it’s to make sure that the agency follows protocol before hiring/denying a veteran.
      I went back and found that post from page 1049. Info seems to line up with DuhNewGuy's inquiry.

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      So it sounds like what they're doing is doting their I's and crossing their T's. Odd why it takes so long though. I wonder if it has to do with getting a good mixture of backgrounds per class. I have heard from a few agencies that they don't like to load up on mostly vets or prior LE or civilians, that they try to get a good mixture of diverse backgrounds per class. Just a theory though.

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the guys who was stuck in adjudication was messaging with me, and it seems like those in adjudication typically don't get hired. There's been one or two who've made it through.

If you're stuck in that stage, it's best to pretend like you didn't get the job and just continue on with your life.

• Alright, medical complete. Now to wait for the big poly.

Comment

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      When do you have yours? Mine is in a few weeks.

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      Eliteforce haven't heard yet. hopefully soon.

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah got you.

• Yep, took mine three weeks ago, have not heard anything regarding poly or next steps since.

Comment

• So do we know of anyone who’s made it through the adjudicative review process and was hired? I find it out how there is so little clarity on this.

Coming up on 3 weeks for me!

Comment

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by Yak; 04-30-2021, 06:58 AM.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a vet. Made it through the poly, just completed the home interview, and my last step (medical) is scheduled for May. I'm guessing the adjudicative review is done on a case by case basis, but again, this is just conjecture.

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        Fedfun, agreed. That's what I was getting at with an earlier comment about my personal experience hiring/denying vets for better qualified candidates. I'm a vet myself, so no harm intended. It's a bit difficult to word without unintentionally insinuating the people in this phase may not be who and what the agency is looking for. I may very well find myself stuck in that phase, so no harm intended. As you said, conjecture, and a little of my own personal experiences. It's easier for us to just hire the person and then put the job back out there than go through the process of turning them down.

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        Since i have left the service i will share this info. They tried to do a direct hire of special forces to cat team a few years back. Almost all failed the poly.

• I have a buddy who’s in the SS that originally told me about applying and he’s vet. But he wasn’t on active duty like myself or some others in here I’ve seen. I think what we are trying to get at is that vets still on active duty are being place into this process, because my buddy did not as I’m guessing is the same for some of the other vets in here since you either already had gotten out or are reserves/national guard.

Comment

• DuhNewGuy
        DuhNewGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't be a proper correlation, I'm guard and I am in the adjudicative review process. I think from talking to a lady on the phone from that number on the job announcement, that they only do it to vets who are not clear YES/PASS. It is a careful review as to not make it a quick FAIL.

• Hopingfor1811
        Hopingfor1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't be it, i am a reservist. Applied when I left active duty.

• JohnnyDodger
        JohnnyDodger commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. And no actual idea on the length of this review. Doesn’t add up to getting hired if that’s the deduction for why it goes to the review. Well, approaching week 4!

• Question for anyone who can answer: If I have an extenuating circumstance in May when a potential final offer comes, can I defer for the class they offer (if the class is in May) to one in June?

Comment

• ACS90
        ACS90 commented
        Editing a comment
        From my understanding, those who have been getting the final offers lately has been for the class starting in August. So you should be good.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        ACS90 thanks for the info!

• Took poly over a month ago and dead silence since. Not sure why things suddenly became slow. It seems the election season made things faster....

Comment

• Trooper33
        Trooper33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah It’s been about a month since my packet has been sent to HQ. Not a word since.

• Had my second Ploy last Thursday and got a verbal pass. When does BI start kicking off?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had one poly with a verbal pass, they emailed me for an updated tax form 5 days after and my B.I. started a day after that. So 6 days for me between poly and beginning of B.I.

• FLEO NYC
        FLEO NYC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! We shall see!

• So for medical it says that a TB test will be administered and needs to be read within the next 48 hours. I don't recall actually receiving a TB test when doing my medical. Is this part of the lab work that they did?

we went over the TB screening, but that’s about it.

Just wondering if there is anything outstanding that I need to take care of. Don't want to be put on the back-burner again.
      Last edited by Zmatty; 05-03-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Zmatty
        Zmatty commented
        Editing a comment
        Eliteforce yep, you’re probably right. I guess I’ll wait for the email saying they need more stuff from me -.-
        How unlucky.

• Eliteforce
        Eliteforce commented
        Editing a comment
        You can always call the FOH directly and let them know that you didn't get the TB test and maybe they can have you go back in and knock it out.

• Zmatty
        Zmatty commented
        Editing a comment
        Eliteforce I called the office that gave me the Medical exam. Apparently there is something called 'blood serum test' or something like that, which is what they did for me. I guess that is an alternative way to test for TB.
        so I should be good

• Eliteforce
        Eliteforce commented
        Editing a comment
        Zmatty that's what's up. Good stuff!

• Question...

Medical Review. What's the longest anyone has been on it before advancing? Been on it for about a month now. Besides this, all other steps to include the home interview has been completed. Is it the type of thing where the longer the wait, the less likelihood of being approved, or does it vary per situation? Thanks...

Comment

• ACS90
        ACS90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Eliteforce - Holy hell, that's a long time to just be waiting and hearing crickets.
        Ceann - Yea, after the medical exam, I got an email saying my medical was "deferred pending further documentation" for surgery I had on my knee a couple of years ago. Basically wanting a full workup from my orthopedic surgeon about the range of motion and any restrictions on it.

• Ceann
        Ceann commented
        Editing a comment
        I see. After my medical exam I got an email saying the same thing for arthritis in my shoulder back in February. I never received a "you're cleared" response after I provided them with the orthopedists results but the lady I was badgering said if they needed anything more they'd ask for it. Has anyone told you that you were still waiting to be cleared or have they just not told you anything since you submitted the documentation?

• StillLoading
        StillLoading commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like I’ll be joining you in medical review. Apparently I had some issues with my pulmonary function test so I have to take another one and get a chest X-ray. Really sucks since I finished up the whole process exactly two weeks ago now.

• ACS90
        ACS90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ceann - Havnt been told anything. I sent an email to the medical review person who simply said they received my documentation and will email if anything further is needed. Three or so week later, last Friday, I emailed my investigator to see if he knew anything, he said it's out of their hands (which I figured), and said he'll ask around and find out...I'm still waiting for him to get back in contact with me.

StillLoading - Welcome to the club...

• Failed my vision at the official medical so I am guessing I’m out.

Comment

• ASecretSquirrel
        ASecretSquirrel commented
        Editing a comment
        My eyesight didn’t come out to 20/200 Uncorrected this time around. So, I have one optometrist who has me at the acceptable vision and a federal nurse who has me not at acceptable vision lol. The optometrist national was definitely more thorough in her evaluation.

• HappyWithMyLife
        HappyWithMyLife commented
        Editing a comment
        Do they require 20/200 now or is it still 20/100.

• Zmatty
        Zmatty commented
        Editing a comment
        I still got my faith in you. There's always lasik as a last resort...But if you have 2 conflicting results, they have to at least second guess the results. Hopefully send ya for a 3rd.

• ASecretSquirrel
        ASecretSquirrel commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, typo, it should be 20/100.

• I have a quick question about timelines post-call if anyone knows anything about that. I got the call a few weeks ago (starting in office in July, starting fletc in August). I was told I would get a formal written offer via email with info/dates and then after that my field office would contact me about orientation/etc. How long can I expect to wait for the formal offer via email? It’s been 3 weeks and I’m completely rearranging my life to do this so I’m just paranoid about something going wrong. I did contact my field office last week and was told they would get my info from HQ once I got my email. I can try calling the person who gave me the verbal offer but would like to avoid being too obnoxious if there is nothing to worry about, as it is still 2 months out from start date.

Other people starting in July/August, have you gotten your email? Just curious when I should start panicking lol

Comment

• Mr.Hopeful
        Mr.Hopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        I would not stress too much. They have a number of people to process before you (three classes). I asked the same question and was told to expect the official paperwork in the end of May or beginning of June! Congratulations as well!

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are there 24 seats in the August class?? I'm literally at the end of the process (with just medical left in a week), I'd REALLY like to make that August class.

• Sb2475
        Sb2475 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the July fletc class and have received no emails or anything yet. They said it would take a while. I’m stressed too but it seems like it won’t come until a month out.

• Ixtz'ikin
        Ixtz'ikin commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thank you guys so much I feel much better. I look forward to meeting some of you at fletc!

Last edited by Eliteforce; 05-04-2021, 09:10 AM. Reason: Wrong section

Comment

• Anyone ever assigned to resident offices in first assignment? I see they have both field and resident offices which i didnt know there was a difference.

Comment

• Fedfun
          Fedfun commented
          Editing a comment
          Plenty of phase 1s in ROs.

• dwayne92
          dwayne92 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes i start in the local field office in my hometown before fletc i have a question if you can private message me though

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3329 users online. 216 members and 3113 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X